Useful CV-19 Information from Johns Hopkins - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:19 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (150)

I follow a woman who teaches the constitution, but is also an attorney, and former state prosecutor from Florida, and was fired from that job for teaching the constitution to other attorneys. No... we can't have attorneys knowing the constitution. Anyway, her and her husband were both in military intelligence. Right after the military, she got a degree in bio medical engineering. She was a practicing Bio Medical Engineer for some years before becoming an attorney, and what she learned was..... Hydrogen Peroxide KILLS all viruses. Just a swab of it up each nostril will kill any virus that might be there. If you have an ear infection, a drop in each ear will cure than and gargling with it also stops a sore throat. Now she says that not one of these is comfortable, but it works, as her entire family has now been flu free for over 15 years. She does say, that if you were out and about, to swab your nostrils when you get back home. Every time you are out and you come home you must do this to kill any virus that might be there as the moisture in your nose is where 99.9% of them attach anyway.

Now me..... I have not had the flu for over 30 years, and have never had a flu shot, but I also never worried about clean hands when eating a sandwich either. I figure I got a few germs in me a little at a time to build up my own immune system. Thats all the flu shot is, is the virus they shoot into you so you can build up a resistance to it.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:41 PM
theearlof

TPC Rating: 
100% (80)
According to Snopes ( http://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joh...covid-summary/ ) this info is not attributed to John Hopkins and contains some incorrect information.

Here is a link to John Hopkins with what they say regarding the Corona virus. www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/index.html
Old 03-30-2020, 06:13 PM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theearlof View Post
According to Snopes ( http://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joh...covid-summary/ ) this info is not attributed to John Hopkins and contains some incorrect information.

Here is a link to John Hopkins with what they say regarding the Corona virus. www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/index.html
Well, that's embarrassing. As the OP, I have deleted the text from the post above and added a link to the Snopes article. Thanks for pointing that out. Here is a partial quote from the "Misattributed" analysis from Snopes.

"For starters, this list starts with the claim that COVID-19 is a protein molecule (DNA), but coronaviruses are RNA viruses which contain no DNA.

The list also claims that Listerine contains more alcohol than Vodka. This is not true. Most Listerine products contain 27% alcohol, resulting in an approximately 54-proof product. Vodka on the other hand typically contains 40% alcohol, which results in an 80-proof product. Neither of these items will effectively sanitize your hands. Soap should be your first choice, but the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) writes that if soap and water are not available, an alcohol-based sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol (120 proof) can be used. Then wash with soap and water as soon as you can.

This list also states COVID-19 needs “moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.” But this has not been definitively proven. Although there is still a lot to learn about this new strain of coronavirus, the World Health Organization states that “the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including areas with hot and humid weather.”

To sum up: This viral “advice” did not originate with Johns Hopkins University and the information contained within lacks credibility. "
Old 03-30-2020, 06:25 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

NOLA Nawlins The Big Easy The Crescent City On the Banks of The Muddy Mississippi
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoffs View Post
i have a junk 5 cubic foot chest freezer at my hangar that i have fitted with an internal thermostat and a light bulb as a heat source. i used it to keep soda etc. from freezing as i would work there sometimes in the winter. last night it occurred to me to bring it home and set it up in my barn to ''quarantine'' the mail we receive.40 watts would probably keep its temp. 80 deg f. 3 days should do it. the virus is more fragile in a warm dry environment.
some may think this is over the top .i will trust my professional experience . 25 yrs ago aids was a deadly disease with no hope of survival. healthcare predicted at least 20 years before a drug would be developed to stop it. they were right. right out of nursing school i took care of a patient in the last stages of aids. to say i was scared was an understatement. i won't forget.
You can go to Lowes and buy a UV-C bulb. Put that in your contraption instead. Just be sure to turn it off before opening the freezer to avoid exposure to the harmful light of UV-C.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.