Squirrel Hunters! The Tree Kind! - Page 3496 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-28-2020, 03:23 PM
Taff

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The main problem with the statue is do we have reb standing up and the tree lying down or vis versa
Old 03-29-2020, 12:57 AM
tfrank
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Talking Well...

Well I'm kind of amazed that the tree in question was still alive when I saw it a few Shawnee's later. I think the tree should get a statue!!! And if we go ahead with this statue thing the tree needs to be vertical and Reb flat on the ground with his feet on the tree. As I recall he said he was trying to keep the tree from falling on him, or maybe he was trying to stop the world from spinning sooooo fast!!!
And I must give credit to our own illustrious artist Silas for this wonderful but somewhat inaccurate rendition of the events of that memorable night. Reb DID NOT have on a pink tutu that night!!!

God Bless, Frank
Old 03-29-2020, 05:14 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They could statue that, Frank. You sure he wasn't wearing the pink tutu that night?
Old 03-29-2020, 09:15 PM
tfrank

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Talking I am absolutely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
They could statue that, Frank. You sure he wasn't wearing the pink tutu that night?
I am absolutely certain that Reb was not wearing a tutu of any sort that night. I was a front row observer of the whole thing. Reb did his best to empty a whole bottle of "apple pie" AFTER he and I polished a bottle of Persimmon wine!!! I think I might have had a few sips of that apple pie but I hornswaggled MYSELF a few years back trying to get Sarge drunk, and well obviously that backfired. Reb rescued me and made sure that I got back to my tent safe and sound. So with that memory somewhat firmly in mind I decided that a few sips of the apple pie was sufficient. And watching its effects on Reb confirmed INDELIBLY that I had made the right choice. Yup that was a memorable night. Fits in quite nicely with the memory of the night that I tried to get Sarge drunk. Bowdog pulled a Reb that night and Reb and I were serenaded by Bowdog calling for ralph... somewhere around 3 AM!!! And if I am recalling correctly it was APPLE PIE that was the cause of Bowdog's discomfort. I understand the inside of the tent was a little bit of a mess.
Man that is a lot of good memories. Hopefully this corona virus thing will have been resolved by the time Shawnee rolls around and we can make some more great memories. Just beware of the apple pie. Mighty tasty but wow it pack a punch!!!
God Bless, Frank.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:48 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I sure do appreciate your advice and sterling memory, Frank!

If I may offer a suggestion, get "nearbeer" for Bowdog and reb.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:28 AM
bowdog
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Root beer for me please
Old 03-31-2020, 10:38 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Question

Quote:
I sure do appreciate your advice and sterling memory, Frank!

If I may offer a suggestion, get "nearbeer" for Bowdog and reb.
I am a Diet Dr. Pepper man. But that apple pie is dang good. I believe it was two pints apple pie and a half gallon of homemade persimmon wine that did the trick.
If a feller is going to make an arse of himself, it couldnt have happened around a better bunch. Unless of course it had been a bunch with shorter memories. I am done with all that mess. I drank some the first night I was there last year and almost went too far. I am a loud talker anyway because I cant hear crap anymore. When I drink, I am even louder with no filters. I refuse to become a chronic loudmouthed drunk. I abhor such people and refuse to become one, even if it is only one time a year.

Last edited by reb henderson; 03-31-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:38 PM
Silas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb henderson View Post
I am a Diet Dr. Pepper man.
I knew there was a secret to your lithe, cat-like physique.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:41 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
I knew there was a secret to your lithe, cat-like physique.
Yeah, and his lightning quick reflexes, plus his laser like deadly aim. I am considering starting a go-fund for a park entry statue of reb.

The statue will have a button to push so all can hear recordings of reb's actual voice.

At the foot of the statue will be a slot to drop in donations.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:50 PM
Patience0831

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Yeah, and his lightning quick reflexes, plus his laser like deadly aim. I am considering starting a go-fund for a park entry statue of reb.

The statue will have a button to push so all can hear recordings of reb's actual voice.

At the foot of the statue will be a slot to drop in donations.
Better be solar powered. You'll never pay the electric bill on it otherwise.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:18 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience0831 View Post
Better be solar powered. You'll never pay the electric bill on it otherwise.
Yeah on that, Patience! I checked the online go-fund and there is a single donation and it is almost enough for the sales tax of the first bag of concrete. The donation is from an old chicken thief and moonshiner jail inmate from Kentucky.

Last edited by Old Hickory; 04-10-2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:48 AM
Patience0831

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Yeah on that, Patience! I checked the online go-fund and there is a single donation and it is almost enough for the sales tax of the first bag of concrete. The donation is from an old chicken thief and moonshiner jail inmate from Little Rock, Arkansas.

And I miss him.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:52 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, we sure do! 04 was a class act!

Last edited by Old Hickory; 04-10-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:25 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Old Shooter was a darn good one. I had many an entertaining phone conversation with him. Many times several RFC names were taken in vain. He was a good, funny and intelligent man.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:52 PM
tfrank

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Indeed he was!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb henderson View Post
Old Shooter was a darn good one. I had many an entertaining phone conversation with him. Many times several RFC names were taken in vain. He was a good, funny and intelligent man.
Indeed he was!!! I do believe he would have given Samuel Clemens a run for his money had they both been on this earth at the same time. A class act for a certainty!!!
God Bless, Frank.