Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Gatwick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking Finally Here!!!!!!!!!

Finally, finally, finally got me a Grey stocked Mk-II BV!

I've been after this since January. It seems like I went through every possible source but I got it here tonight. Next to mount the 6-24 40mm BSA Contender in silver finish with 4" sunshade. Will pick up mounts for it tommorrow. Then I gotta find a bi-pod that I can live with and do the trigger thing. After looking it over good I can honestly say the trigger is the only thing not of good quality here. Beside the normal extremely heavy pull, it exhibits a shocking amount of "looseness". It should be easily rectified though.

Oh well,
enough for now.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Pecci

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good for you Gatwick. I've been thinking about one my self. For me it's the balance of the rifle that wins me over. I may want the new brown lam. stock. Let us know how it gets down to business.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Gatwick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is seriously not funny!

I finally got around to going to a gun shop to get scope rings. When the scope is mounted you can see it's mounted at an angle off to the left. Badly to the left. I can see it from across the room now. Gun is going to have to be shipped back. I suppose I'll call savage monday and get the ball rolling. Considering how much trouble I've had getting this rifle, and then to have it turn out to be defective to the point I can't use it, makes me wish I'd of spent my money elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 11:27 PM
dbryan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The problem may be in the bases. These are the poorest bases I have seen. On my rifle, I had to juggle the bases to get the scope to center.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Pecci

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry to hear about your problem. The last rifle I bought, a Ruger 96M, did thde same thing. It turned out to be the rings, that came with the rifle. I went out and bought new ones. Problem Solved.

Let us know what comes of this. Good Luck.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:44 AM
Gatwick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I thought I'd throw out an update.

They've had the gun at savage for a month now. It took them 2 weeks to even decide that the gun was defective. The holes are not drilled in line. They said they would replace it and ship one out right away. I even got them to agree to put my grey stock on it. After all I had to jump through quite a few hoops to get it.

Week three, I called back to see if I could get a tracking number. I was informed they didn't have it shipped, nor would they at the moment, as they were still waiting for a replacement to arrive, from Canada.

Week four, same thing. I think I musta sounded a little irritated on the phone. Probably shortly after I was informed they actually had no clue when any would be shipped in for my replacement. So......... They put me on hold for a coupla minutes and then came back to tell me that they were pulling a gun out of reserve for someone else's shipment and sending it to me. But only after they send it over to inspection to be checked out. (Note, Where my first gun spent two weeks waiting.)

Still waiting, no other viable choice.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Gatwick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Called yesterday and was told my gun shipped 5/25. I got the tracking number and it arrived today. Looked it over really good but can't find any problems. We'll see how it shoots, maybe this next weekend.

My tips for dealing with savage.

1 Make sure you send a letter with the gun including the problem, your name address and phone number, and most importantly the gun's serial number. There's info on the savage website about this. Otherwise they won't have a clue why you're shipping them a gun.

2 Write down the Ser. # before shipping. Every time you talk to them they will want the number to identify who you are. Don't loose it!

3 Ship via Ups and get the tracking number. You can then track it online and see when it arrives at savage.

4 One week after it arrives give them a call (to the warranty dept.) and ask for the status of your gun. See number 2!!!!!!

5 Call back every week like clockwork. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Goodluck!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:06 PM
recumbent
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Wow what a hassel, I sure hope it shoots well after all you've been through.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:16 PM
dtoggs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking Its tough sometimes to get things fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbent
Wow what a hassel, I sure hope it shoots well after all you've been through.
I would have surmised that the bases were at fault,but since yu KNOW the d&t holes were off,problem was identiflied. There is no other fix for a new gun,
an old gun could be d&t over correctlynd the holes plugged and peened with a screw,filed flush and cold blued OR, a special base could be made. Glad you got rid of problem. Paul W