CCI Mini Mags Discontinued? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Bozz10mm
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CCI Mini Mags Discontinued?

I've had a few items on the "Notify Me" list at Sportsman's Guide for a while. This morning I received e-mails from SG telling me the items are no longer available because they have been discontinued.

"Unfortunately we have been informed that this item will not be available for purchase since it has been discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I was surprised that CCI Stingers have been discontinued, but then I received two more e-mails saying that CCI Mini Mag 40gr CPHP and CCI Mini Mag 36gr HP had also been discontinued.

I find it very hard to believe. Maybe this is just Sportsman's Guide's way of cleaning out their "Notify Me" list. Anyone else heard anything?

Last edited by Bozz10mm; 01-17-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:37 AM
JDWinCO

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send CCI an email telling them the rumor and you would like confirmation as to the truth . If it is not true they know there is a rumor and you can supply at least one name, they would be interested. If true, they will just tell you what is up.

I just checked the website and it seems there are now other products that will work, though I am not an expert on CCI products.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I find it hard to believe that CCI would discontinue their minimags as I believe this is their most popular round. I hope for my sake it's not true, this is my go to round when testing any new .22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2017, 08:50 AM
shootbrownelk
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz10mm View Post
I've had a few items on the "Notify Me" list at Sportsman's Guide for a while. This morning I received e-mails from SG telling me the items are no longer available because they have been discontinued.

"Unfortunately we have been informed that this item will not be available for purchase since it has been discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I was surprised that CCI Stingers have been discontinued, but then I received two more e-mails saying that CCI Mini Mag 40gr CPHP and CCI Mini Mag 36gr HP had also been discontinued.

I find it very hard to believe. Maybe this is just Sportsman's Guide's way of cleaning out their "Notify Me" list. Anyone else heard anything?
Bozz, I got the same e-mail from the Sportsmans guide. Sorry Charlie. Your favorite ammo has been discontinued. This sounds like a pretty stupid business decision on CCI's part, seeing as how popular the Mini-Mags are. Plenty of stupid going around these days.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:57 AM
painterpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got the notification also. Some Mini mags are still available, just not in the packaging we're used to. It does seem that the 40gr has been discontinued.

Check out the CCI site...

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/produc...=1&loadNo=0962

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/produc...=1&loadNo=0031
Old 01-17-2017, 09:11 AM
dobber212
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz10mm View Post

I received the same email from SG. My best guess is that they are just "temporarily" sold out of the 100 round Mini-Mag solids and hp's.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...unds?a=1586762

Last edited by dobber212; 01-17-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:18 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Wink read it carefully

I received the same e mail, it is the 40gr round nose mini mag SG is referring to. I like this round, have a good supply, wonder why they are going away. these are the ones last year CCI had a 10.00 rebate on 4 100 rd boxes, it took me some time to round up all 4 boxes.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:18 AM
TrblShtr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MiniMag CPRN 40 grain still listed on CCI's web site. Same muzzle velocity (1235 fps) and load number (0030) as my several year old stash. Stingers and 36 grain HP MiniMags are also still listed.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/produc...=1&loadNo=0030

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/products.aspx

I'd suspect some shenanigans on the part of Sportsman's Guide and I couldn't begin to guess what their motivation would be.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Nabobish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New SKU's or new packaging, I presume.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:28 AM
DRS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I find it hard to believe that CCI would discontinue their minimags as I believe this is their most popular round. I hope for my sake it's not true, this is my go to round when testing any new .22
I also hope this news concerning CCI .22 LR Mini-Mags. is untrue. This brand shoot the most accurate in my CZ-452.

I believe we're going to see a lot of ammo both rimfire and centerfire being discontinued this year.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Shraven

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
This kind of post comes up often enough. Obviously CCI has not discontinued MiniMags or Blazer or Stingers. Sportsmans Guide has discontinued that particular product number. It's the same as when Midway or anyone else sends out these kind of notices. They will continue to sell MiniMags, under their new product number, most likely at the new price they get from the distributor.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:04 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (124)
Pssst, let's start a rumor.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:21 AM
snagglepuss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS View Post
I also hope this news concerning CCI .22 LR Mini-Mags. is untrue. This brand shoot the most accurate in my CZ-452.

I believe we're going to see a lot of ammo both rimfire and centerfire being discontinued this year.
Record gun sales for 2016 http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bo...rticle/2610848
I don't think anyone is going to be discontinuing ammo...though we may be in for more shortages.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I think/hope the shortages are for the most part in the past. With the new administration in place I don't think everyone is running to grab everything they can get their hands on like not so long ago.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looks like we all got that message. Anyone heard from CCI?