Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:03 PM
ammohog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)

Thanks to the members for contributing to the "list" of 10/22 barrels now available. There is a good chance I (we) have missed a few. If you don't have time to submit a link, just post the maker and I will be glad to do the rest. Good work! ......... AH
Old 10-26-2016, 12:53 AM
rawhp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I updated the spreadsheet on post #17 with all of the brands mentioned to date. I haven't entered the details of the barrel types. I think I'll need to rethink the layout since some brands have so many variations. If I chuck the weights, I can combine rows and add check boxes for the available options for each barrel type.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:57 PM
Evan03

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I assume your saying this thinking kid makes they're own barrels. ????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2016, 11:43 PM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
Kidd explains this on their website. Good Shooting! ........ AH
Old 10-27-2016, 12:41 AM
rawhp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
"Made" starting with a Lothar Walther blank. I don't think many companies actually start with the blank made in house.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:58 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (233)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhp View Post
"Made" starting with a Lothar Walther blank. I don't think many companies actually start with the blank made in house.

Not many at all -- maybe Lilja and Shilen?

Doug
Old 10-27-2016, 10:58 PM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhp View Post
This makes me want to call all the "sellers" and see where they get their blanks or if they actually make them. However, I have also thought it may be one of the barrel seller "secrets" as well. That does happen, you know, with other things such as chamber type. Wish I'd been born wealthy instead of so darn good looking. If I had time, heck I may make time, to give some of them a call and just ask. I guess the worst thing that could happen is that I would waste a dime. We just might be amazed at some of the answers. Or not.........AH
Old 10-27-2016, 11:53 PM
rawhp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammohog View Post
This makes me want to call all the "sellers" and see where they get their blanks or if they actually make them. However, I have also thought it may be one of the barrel seller "secrets" as well. That does happen, you know, with other things such as chamber type. Wish I'd been born wealthy instead of so darn good looking. If I had time, heck I may make time, to give some of them a call and just ask. I guess the worst thing that could happen is that I would waste a dime. We just might be amazed at some of the answers. Or not.........AH
I think a company that uses Lothar Walther blanks would want to advertise that. I have a pellet pistol that I practice with indoors during the winter with a LW barrel, and it will shoot through the same hole effortlessly from one side of my living room to the other side of my dining room (maybe 35 feet). Really consistent. Besides Kidd, I think Volquartsen uses LW blanks.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 AM
Tyendor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Kidd, Volquartsen and Majestic Arms are the only ones I know of that use Lothar Walther blanks for their 10/22 barrels.

http://www.majesticarms.com/id2.html
Old 10-28-2016, 07:29 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Clark also advertises they use "LotharWalther premium blanks". That's straight from their page.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:03 PM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
That's the most important info, you have a lot of "listings" that are just sellers but don't make their own equipment!
Old 11-02-2016, 11:23 PM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
That's the most important info, you have a lot of "listings" that are just sellers but don't make their own equipment!
Any information about the "sellers" you may have... feel free to post. I've been very busy this week, and haven't had time to make any calls. I'm sure next week will be somewhat better, and I will post my findings, if you don't beat me to it... haha! ........ Thanks....... AH
Old 11-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Silverbear

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Adams & Bennett 10/22 barrels. Not much info here. Most leads read "discontinued", or "out of stock". I've read some of the other threads.. all info there and $10 will get you a good pack of smokes. Reviews are very good. If you have one that has been taken care of properly, chances are you have a darn good barrel. If you have any information / facts about these barrels, please feel free to contribute. ........ AH
I picked up a second hand Adams & Bennett barrel for $60 and it shoots amazing! I believe these were a private label brand produce by Green Mountain. If you find one, pick it up!
Old 03-08-2017, 10:03 AM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Just called Green Mountain and ask about the stainless blanks for the 10/22. They are made in house using 416R Stainless. The blue finished barrels are 4140 chromoly. The bentz .22 chamber not recommended for subsonic or stinger hyper velocity ammo. From their page.... "Green Mountain .920 Bull barrels for the Ruger 10-22 utilize a tight Bentz chamber design with perfect target grade rifling. Sizes range from 16" x .920" to 28" x .920". One 18" .920 bull fluted barrel even comes with Fire Sights..In addition to a variety of 22LR lengths, you could choose a 20" subsonic sniper barrel with a fast 1:9 twist, or a stinger chambered barrel for varmint shots." Also....... (from their page) "In addition to function gauging barrels at all operations, our quality control staff pulls a sample from each work station hourly for a total inspection. They check the straightness of drilled holes and air gauge finished bores to within .0001 of an inch. Chambers, bores and hard-to-reach internal areas are scrutinized with a fiber-optic bore scope and video monitor to ensure total quality for ultimate accuracy and safety." Not only all of that, but made with American steel. Wow! And I was thinking about buying another brand? Shame on me.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:28 PM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Feddersen

Yes, I've been on the phone again. This was to 10/22rifle.com. I started asking questions, and they were nice enough to put me on the phone with a fellow named Fred. I really didn't expect that. Taking notes while talking to Fred was difficult at best, we covered so much information about barrels and the new receivers. Here goes: The barrels are made in house using MilSpec B11595E chromoly. The 10/22 barrels are not only drilled with a new process, but also get his 8 groove patented rifling process. As only he can put it (from an internet quote): "...Feddersen barrels are not mass produced, but crafted to a higher attention to detail through exhaustive hand reaming, lapping processes and with deep investments in precision manufacturing technology." The new bronze receiver is made using "bearing bronze" in the process. Yep, no oil needed. Well, now I know why my Feddersen barrel shot a 250 USBR at 25 yards. Oh yea, the receivers are for sale at a special price. Ruger ordered a few, perhaps they will learn something. Check the Feddersen website. My only regret is I went cheap and got the barrel without the polished blue finish. I guess I'll have to order another one.