Looking For: Russian Rimfire and Biathlon Rifle Spare Parts Support - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:17 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking For: Russian Rimfire and Biathlon Rifle Spare Parts Support

The Russian Rimfire and Biathlon Rifle Community has fallen onto hard times.
As, no-longer are new Russian Rimfire or Biathlon Rifles being imported into the U.S. ... this prohibition includes spare parts - as well.

U.S. sanctions ban import of "Concern Kalashnikov"guns!
Quote:
The sanctions have no effect on foreign markets, this meaning that the "Concern Kalashnikov" will still be able
to market its firearms to commercial and professional customers in the European Union, Canada
and elsewhere − as long as the EU or other Countries don't adopt similar sanctions by themselves.

However, commercial triangulations (eg. attempting to import "Concern Kalashnikov" or IZHMASH guns on the U.S. market
through a third Country exporter) may be punishable by the U.S. Government as an attempt to circumvent the sanctions.
It appears, the Russians are now in the same stead as the Chinese (NORINCO).
Quote:
I do not expect these sanctions to be lifted anytime soon.
There will be no political pressure from the NRA or NSSF.
Decades after the Chinese import-ban, Norinco products are still not allowed into the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aom22 View Post
In-the-short-run ... the BI-Series probably will increase in price as availability decreases.

But, in-the-long-run ... one has to wonder ... who'd be willing to buy a rifle for which spare parts or extra magazines are not available?
I'd have to think long-and-hard before buying a rifle that didn't have an apparent source for spare parts.
And for the foreseeable future, it appears it won't be possible to import any needed parts.

U.S. sanctions ban import of "Concern Kalashnikov"guns!
As such, current owners of Russian Rimfires and Biathlon rifles have little or no alternative sources for spare magazines, firing pins,
spent case extractors, cartridge ejectors and etc.

However, most Russian Rimfires and Biathlon Rifles are shipped with multiple magazines and an assortment of spare parts.
This situation may portend an unexpected source of replacement parts for enthusiastic Russian Rimfire and Biathlon rifle owners.

The problem is ... knowing who has "WHAT" and "WHERE."
This is the purpose of this thread ... to put owners of Russian Rimfires and Biathlon rifles in-contact with others that may have
spare parts they are willing to make available to those in need.

Last edited by aom22; 04-02-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:22 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where To Find Russian Rimfire or Biathlon Rifle Spare Parts

Where To Find Russian Rimfire or Biathlon Rifle Spare Parts
----------------OPEN for Posting-----------------
I starting this thread to provide a place to assist Russian rimfire or Biathlon rifle enthusiasts
in locating a RU rifle/pistol or BI rifle spare parts.

The thread is now OPEN for posting.
However, it will continue to be a work in-progress.

To make this thread work, please try to observe the following suggestions/guidelines.
  • This STICKY is not intended to be a For Sale thread.
  • Posts should not be used as advertisements ... consistent with Rimfire Central Forum Rules.
Quote:
i) Advertising in any of the forums is not permitted unless you are a sponsor.
Sponsors may also post in the Sponsor's Announcement Forum.

All others are to use the Trading Post and abide by the rules specific to that forum.
  • It's primary purpose will be to provide notification to interested Russian rimfire or Biathlon rifle enthusiast
    of the availability of RU rifle/pistol or BI rifle spare parts.
  • The thread should serve more as a mini Bulletin BOARD for available Russian rimfire rifles/pistols spare parts
    or Biathlon rifles replacement items within the RFC community and outside of the forum.
  • Requests for detailed information or any further discussion would be best handled by email or private message.
  • A reasonable attempt should be made to avoid price posting or cost discussions.
    However, it may not be possible to do so in all cases.
  • In such instances, a value may be associated with any rifle/pistol spare parts under consideration.
  • If warranted, Commentary, References and Links may be included.
Manufacturer and Model
Izhmash BI 7-2KO
Izhmash Sobol / Legion Sobol
Izhmash Korshun

Izhmash BI 7-3, BI 7-4
Other Biathlon Rifles
Entry Level Biathlon Rifles

Izhmash CM-2 / SM-2 Target Rifle
Vintage Vostok CM-2 Target Rifle
Other Russian Competition Rimfires

TOZ-78 & Winchester Wildcat
TOZ-99

Last edited by aom22; 04-02-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:52 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How to List/Post in Thread Concerning Spare Parts, Replacement Items or Accessories

If you are looking for a spare part, replacement item or needed accessory ... please post something to the effect of
"Looking for Spare Magazine Support for a Biathlon Basic 7-2. Please contact by email or PM for further details."

If you have available spare parts, replacement items or needed accessories ... please post something to the effect
"Can Provide Spare Magazine Support for a Biathlon Basic 7-2. Please contact by email or PM for more information."

DO NOT DISCUSS OR NEGOTIATE TRANSACTIONS WITHIN THIS THREAD
OUTRIGHT SALES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE Trading Post Classifieds

Last edited by aom22; 04-02-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2016, 04:48 PM
Geoff40
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would love to buy a spare, 5 round mag for my 7-2 if anyone out there has one they'd part with. Email me.

I hear you on the parts, but one thing about the Ihzmash 7-2 is that it is built, like a tank I'd say. Do any owners have experience with breakage? I got my 7-2 literally when they first showed up here in the USA over a decade ago, and paid $300 for it with a Bushy 3-9X scope (it now sports a Leopold fixed 6X VX1, a BEAUTIFUL combo), and so for the money I have in it I'll continue to shoot mine a lot, and not worry too much. If it breaks some day, oh well. Maybe I'll cry a little bit. It is hands down the most accurate .22LR I've ever fired bar none.
My only regret is not buying another in 22 WMR when I could.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:47 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
bolt stop for MU-12 or MTs-12

looking for a bolt stop for my rifle, trying to find the part before trying to make one, know of any sources please let me know...R
Old 03-07-2019, 10:32 PM
jcloer1
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
WTB Winchester Wildcat mags

Looking for 5 round magazines for a Winchester Wildcat. Please contact by email or PM for further details.

Thanks!

Jim
Old 06-11-2019, 09:54 AM
estexpres

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can Provide original sights rear peep, diopter, font globe, etc.

Hello.

Have different original vintage rear micrometer sights (diopter, aperture, peep) & mounting plates, front globe sights & inserts, and some parts for different models of biathlon and sporting rifles made in USSR.

Can ship from Europe in 2 weeks.

Please contact by email or PM for more information.

Last edited by estexpres; 06-18-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:29 AM
BigBen13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
looking for Ural or other Russian parts...

I have a Vostok Ural first that I need parts for..... I have a few barreled actions I would like to get going so Im looking for any loose Russian parts but I would love to find a Vostok 3 lug bolt for my Ural action....