Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:39 PM
BigSky1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I assume the the target must be shot AFTER the game was announced. Or not?

I ask because I have some targets that have never been entered in any game or match ever and four targets (not four groups but four complete targets of four groups each all on the same piece of paper). I do not even think the sheet was even dated so IF it would be acceptable I would enter the whole sheet with one of the four groups to be my entry. Nothing cheating about it even to the point that it was shot in the presence of another RFC member.

Just have not had a place to shoot lately and these would be a nice entry to the Match.

As they have never been shown before it would be very easy to just put a date on them and enter but, as you said, this is a matter of honor and I would never enter a target that I thought even had a chance to be illegal without getting your okay. If the target is deemed unacceptable due to prior shooting I would suggest entering that to your rule set that the target is only good if shot after the Match was started. If a target IS acceptable I would be honored to be one of the first rifle/shooter to enter your Match!!

The rifle is very special being African Rose that means so much to me after it was built for me with donations from RFC Members and Sponsors.

Your match, your rules, what say you sir? I will accept any answer from you as law with no whining
Vincent,

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with you entering an old target, especially since you have a witness. As long as that target adhered to the rules, four sizers, four groups and nothing more.

The trouble we have here, unfortunately, is the rifle. Your African Rose rifle as I know it doesn't meet the SuperSport rifle guidelines.

Barrels:
Stock, Modified stock and after market Varmint dimensioned barrels over .750" at the muzzle are okay.
Minimum outside diameter of the muzzle must exceed .750". Barrels may be thinner than .750 along their length as long as a portion of the muzzle end is larger than .750". "Running Boar" barrels are an example of this.
Suppressors (where legal), compensators and treaded barrels capped or uncapped are okay. No large "tank" or "Barrett" style brakes allowed.
Barrels can be solid carbon or stainless steel. Aluminum with steel liner, carbon fiber wrapped around steel liner. "Tensioned" barrels with steel, aluminum, titanium or carbon fiber sleeves. Sleeves may be solid walled or slotted or drilled for ventilation. Injection molded plastic over a steel liner is okay. Although these barrels rarely give great accuracy that is up to the owner.

In the SuperStock forum we decided the GMHT barrels were legal there.

Thread

So unless you've changed the barrel I would have to respectfully decline as I don't feel they could be legal in both places.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromie View Post
Vincent the rules say "any SuperSport Heavy rifle".

You will have to build a heavy barreled rifle, and shoot a new card.

Remember that the SuperStock rifles were voted not to be included in this forum.
OH CRAP! You are SOOOO Right!!

I was just looking at both forums and I forgot all about that. I suppose with a barrel that measures .759 I COULD be a rule bender but as I said I did NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT!! Thank you to Chromie and apologies to everyone else most especially BigSky1! As we posted a few weeks ago many of the GMHTs and other barrels do measure up to and even over .760 but they will still be considered SuperStock as a few thousandths of an inch will not make them noticeably more accurate so if you have one even up in the .765 range or a few thousandths more they are still legal SuperStock rifles.

My point still remains as I never expected to actually enter the rifle as I stated in the post it was more about finding out if the targets must be shot after the Match began and that still needs and answer and a suggested rule addition if that is how things will be. My rifle was a poor example to use but the question stands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 04-07-2016, 09:26 PM
BigSky1

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Well, the idea is to PLAY the game, not so much to dig up a qualifying target.

Will I make that a rule? It isn't one now. But I'll think about it some and make a decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New game, new targets.

Simple as that IMO.

Smooth
Old 04-08-2016, 12:15 AM
BigSky1

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Done...
Old 04-08-2016, 02:54 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Exactly how it should be

Again my apologies about the rifle. That is what I get for reading two forums at the same time and not dividing them in my alleged brain.

One of the reasons I asked was DrGunner did allow old targets in at least one olf his matches in Ultimate and I thought that was asking for trouble but he did it well as he normally does.

I talked to one member here on the phone and pointed out that I had posted several 100 yard targets that would easily qualify for the Superstock 100 yard MOA game and the NEXT DAY nemo hunter started the game! It was in the fall as I recall (I could be wrong it may have been Spring) but the point is I had to wait for several months to get a warm enough day to be the first rifle on the list due to shooting SK STD + and it's dislike for cold weather.

So life goes. Even then I waited to put my other Twin on until another member, speed647, put his Carbine on the list so as to not scare other people away from the game by dominating it. After he put his rifle on from a VERY tough range I had shot on in CA I felt comfortable to put another rifle on.

Sometimes it is not about personal stuff but looking out for the forum.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:51 PM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I need to take Pugsley out with some eley and sk and see if he cant qualify for this....
Old 09-28-2016, 10:11 PM
BigSky1

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
You CAN do it!
Old 09-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
ill clean the barrel, start with some eley and if I cant get it done like that ill move to some sk I have.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Took pugsley out today. after going through some eley, which shot decent at first, but when the humid south breeze blew in it started shooting shot gun patterns, so I moved to some sk std, some sk pistol match, some sk magazine and what finally got it done was a batch of wolf match target.

.287, .318, .216, and .284"

here are some of the other targets

Here is one I am going to submit for the ultimate 50y game with pugsley

and here is one I shot with my 452 American

Last edited by Clem-E; 10-23-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:14 AM
BigSky1

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Very nice shootin' Clem-E! I'll get you on the list this afternoon. Sorry for the delay I've been quite busy this last week.

Congrats on being the first one to make this game!
Old 10-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I know the feeling brother.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:07 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Great Shooting Clem! BS1's game is getting some attention here and that is a good thing from a very good guy

Old 10-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I changed to a Kidd barrel, on Old Brown Shoe, a few weeks ago.

I started shooting for this game a few days ago.
It's not as easy as it looks, or as easy as Clem makes it look. ( nice shooting Clem ).
You can shoot a .300 to .350 average, and still not have a qualifier.
I shot a few today.
I shot this one first.

Then I shot this one, and finally got a qualifier.

Some day I'll try for a better one.
But for now I'll go back, and try the No Bull at 50, or take another try at the 25yd Zero Games.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
I started shooting for this game a few days ago.
It's not as easy as it looks, or as easy as Clem makes it look. ( nice shooting Clem ).
You can shoot a .300 to .350 average, and still not have a qualifier.
I appreciate the compliment. My ammo was shooting that day, which was a switch because typically at 50y I cant get the sub $10 box stuff to shoot that well. But since its been over a year since ive had any high end eley or lapua that shot as well as I thought it should have, I really haven't bought anything but more mid priced stuff. and I will say this, my 16" kidd barrel seems to shoot a little better than my wifes 20" kidd barrel. both have the bolts done by Que, kidd FPs, kidd triggers, revolution stocks, ect. this little 16"er has shot from day one. best $125 I ever spent!

That's about the performance I got out of my last batch of center x. That's not bad shooting. I would bet its more ammo related. I really like the look of that rifle BTW.

Last edited by Clem-E; 10-17-2016 at 05:53 PM.