Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:35 PM
rdssert
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

The ribs look good. The rifle looks great!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:26 PM
amblerrl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
walther

second walther in the safe
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-25-2019, 11:59 PM
Carpfisher2
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My KKM IM. DIY Stock refinish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2019, 07:48 AM
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
KKM International Match

Here's one with a lot of pictures for sale:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...11277&cdn_bp=1

Last edited by Thomasconnor; 05-26-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:24 PM
bblock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice rifles, great trigger, plenty accurate. Here's mine.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:16 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These are nice rifles. Perhaps they deserve a new thread. Until recently resurrected, this one was put to rest five years ago.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:40 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
These are nice rifles. Perhaps they deserve a new thread. Until recently resurrected, this one was put to rest five years ago.
Instead of 4 pages of great info we would have 3 posts, or perhaps none.

Has something changed that would warrant that? The rifles are 50-60 years old?

What am I missing?...Tom
Old 05-27-2019, 05:50 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasconnor View Post
Instead of 4 pages of great info we would have 3 posts, or perhaps none.

Has something changed that would warrant that? The rifles are 50-60 years old?

What am I missing?...Tom
Sorry for offending your sensibilities. It wasn't my intention. I thought that five years of dormancy spoke for itself, no matter how old the rifles.

While most of the posts are very pedestrian, there is some treasure buried in the thread. In addition to the pictures, here's one of the most salient posts with great info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynine View Post
The "long screw" at the front of the trigger guard is there to adjust the bedding pressure on the receiver together with the screw at the back of the guard. Here's a cross section from the manual that shows the arrangement:

and since I'm posting this, here is my example of the fine Walther KKM International Match rifle, together with associated accessories:

Here's more, with a great question and answer.

Quote:
Hello all. Spoke with Eric at Possum Hollow about the KKM rod guides eariler today. Found out he is due to make a production run in the next few days. Anyone interested can contact him directly at 321-338-7757. Hope this helps. Also, if anyone knows a trusted source for KKM action screw torque specs please post.
Quote:
Just checked my Walther owner's manual and no mention is made of action screw torquing or specs. Completely unscientific but I have just tightened them until pressure is felt and the screws are snug. The newest KK series may be different.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:38 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
One more pic: Here is my UIT Spezial

Gilbert

Old 06-03-2019, 02:28 PM
doodle2229

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblades View Post
Excellent Vicfox! Is there a dual purpose for the long screw at the front of the trigger guard?
I have a KKM UIT and the screw you refered to is actually a set button for the trigger.Twist slightly and push in and twist till it catches and my trigger pull is 2 pounds.twist till button pops back out and my pull is 4 ounces.There is a tiny screw in the end of the button that adjusts the set trigger pull from about 2 to 10 ounces on mine.Finest trigger I have used and a great rifle.Hope this helps there is not much info out there.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfox View Post
OK here's the pics of my KKM. I've had it for about 2 and a half years and although our local clubs are small the rifle can match it with the best on it's day.
I've recently been finding how to get the best out of it with the trigger set, re-crowning, Tuner and new scope. The trigger is exceptional and finding the Weaver T36 a good choice and will ensure more consistent improved accurate shooting.

The number 61 stamped on the left side of the barrel in the third of the pics reflect the build date of 1961.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblades View Post
Excellent Vicfox! Is there a dual purpose for the long screw at the front of the trigger guard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynine View Post
The "long screw" at the front of the trigger guard is there to adjust the bedding pressure on the receiver together with the screw at the back of the guard. Here's a cross section from the manual that shows the arrangement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle2229 View Post
I have a KKM UIT and the screw you refered to is actually a set button for the trigger.Twist slightly and push in and twist till it catches and my trigger pull is 2 pounds.twist till button pops back out and my pull is 4 ounces.There is a tiny screw in the end of the button that adjusts the set trigger pull from about 2 to 10 ounces on mine.Finest trigger I have used and a great rifle.Hope this helps there is not much info out there.
doodle2229 is absolutely correct.

This provides some long needed clarity for a question asked by Oldblades over five years ago. An answer to the question given by kaynine five years ago appears to misidentify the screw that Oldblades asked about.

In my post above I said that the answer given in by kaynine the post following the question was "great info". Clearly I was wrong. Had I been reading more carefully I should have seen that it was a different screw in question. Thanks to doodle2229, a mistake that went uncorrected for five years was put right. As it turns out there was value in resurrecting an old thread.

The "long screw in front of the trigger guard" is the set stud, which is found on some KKM models and all KKJ-T rifles (shown below).

The Walther KKJ-T

Old 06-03-2019, 10:12 PM
doodle2229

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Penage guy but I learned from your excellent photos and info in an older post.you made it so much easier to tinker with my rifle. thanks for sharing your knowlege with all of us.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:06 AM
vicfox

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillis2 View Post
One more pic: Here is my UIT Spezial

Gilbert

Beautiful example of a UIT . I had one that was not as deep in the for-end before the trigger as yourr. Set it up for bench bu
t it wasn't quiet as accurate as my KKM int.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:14 AM
A9TPK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trigger maintenance

I have just acquired one of these rifles. I need to give it a good clean before using as bench rest gun.
Can anyone please post copy of owners manual or other instructions on cleaning trigger assembly.
Any help would be appreciated.
Best wishes to all members,
Terry
Old 07-26-2019, 10:19 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's a pdf of a Walther manual for small bore rifles http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIR...bore_rifle.pdf