New 1911-22 Sub-Forum - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Kantuckid
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWolf View Post
I see some of you have already found this new sub-forum dedicated to 1911-22 type handguns. Over the next few days and weeks I will be moving related threads from other forums into this one.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments. Okaaay...I'm sure that you would have done this anyway and I know I didn't really need to ask you.

PS - If you like this forum, consider sending our outstanding Admin Sophia a PM thanking her for making this happen so quickly. She is definitely an asset to RFC!
Hey Wolfman, as a guy anxiously awaiting the post office to bring my new Kimber 1911/.22 pistol this idea of a thread merge sounds great! I'm real new here on rimfire central and started digging through the Kimber area above this one and have a long ways to go "up there". Now I read this from 2013 suggesting the sorting of Kimber rifles from handguns has arrived-well sort of...

I know this is highly paid and rewarding work for you but wondering if it's gonna happen, or not? I'm really out to give the whole idea a bump! There are lots of other pistols that are easy to find threads but not the Kimber, at least up there mixed into the rifles. many threads have headers that force one to start reading to even know whats in there. Thanks, Mike
Old 09-26-2016, 10:51 PM
fun2drive

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks

I am grateful for this subforum. I have 2 conversions Kimber and Sig Sauer and a 1911 GSG also in .22.
Wonderful subforum
Old 09-27-2016, 12:28 AM
dana.thomas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rock Island

I notice that Rock Island has a 1911 22 with two slides, the second one being .45 The price is around $700, 2 guns in one. Does anyone have this gun and what do you think?

My 1911 .22LR is by Colt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2016, 08:22 PM
icemanxxxv
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The frame is a RIA 1911 with an aftermarket magwell. The top end is a Sig Conversion CW ACCESSORIES barrel bushing , Delren Spring Retainer, Guide Rod, Progressive Spring, and Shock buffer. The Mags all have CW ACCESSORIES base plates. I clearenced the magwell so it didn't obstruct the base plates. Took it to the range and the mags dropped out while shooting. All 6 of them! Without touching the mag release.
When I got home I stripped the top end off the gun and inserted a mag. I was able to jiggle it and get it to drop out. Then tried the mags in my Para USA
Expert Carry frame and tried to push them out from the top like I could on the RIA frame and could not.
I removed the mag releases and swapped them from gun to gun. Same results.
Inspected the mag release that came out of the RIA and noticed a shinny spot about a 32nd of an inch on the latch surface that locks the mag in. I'm thinking it isn't sufficient enough engagement to retain the mag while shooting, but swapping the mag releases didn't help. <br />
Thinking of welding a bit onto the surface of the mag release and reproffiling it.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2017, 08:12 PM
charliek

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
new forum

Hey Sophia, Thanks for the new forum.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:09 PM
twofish

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Colt 1911/22 and GSG Magazines.

Does anyone have any idea if the GSG/SIG 1911/22 mags will work with an original Colt 1911/22 conversion unit?

Thanks,

twofish
Old 10-01-2019, 02:06 AM
walshsr

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
What is best 1911 22 conversion kit

I have not been on this forum in a while because of illness. I am wanting to purchase a 22 conversion for my Para Ordnance 45 or Colt 45 but preferably the Para. Which
conversion kit would you recommend Nelson, Marvel, Tac Sol or other? Thanks
Old 10-01-2019, 08:59 AM
824tsv
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Marvel Precision

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshsr View Post
I have not been on this forum in a while because of illness. I am wanting to purchase a 22 conversion for my Para Ordnance 45 or Colt 45 but preferably the Para. Which
conversion kit would you recommend Nelson, Marvel, Tac Sol or other? Thanks
I can't speak for any other manufacturer, but the Marvel Precision Unit#1 or Unit#2 will function on Para Ordnance frames. Click the links for my review on the Marvel Unit#1 and Unit#2. Both have been excellent for me.
Unit#1
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1132387
Unit#2
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1169321