how much did you or would you pay for a takedown - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 AM
louigi600

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I wanted a TD in .22 lr so I did a bit of research and found many good reviews on the Ruger 10/22TD so I went and got one. The importer over here is a thief + there's another 150 bucks enforced by law, so pointless telling you how much I was ripped off.

But after shooting it I will sooner or later make a review in which I'll put in evidence all the issues I think it has, here's a list of them:
The TD mechanism is arguably flawed in the design
The scope rail obscures the stock iron sights
The stock iron sights are questionable
You have a very limited scope selection if you want to bag the TD with the scope on (in it's original bag)
You have a very limited aftermarket choice for the TD
It's accuracy makes it only good for plinking

So if I were to go back maybe I'd look for another TD in 22lr.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:44 PM
gsr94

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
louigi600: im no TD fanatic or apologist, but if u did ur research and read reviews couldn't you have address some of ur issues BEFORE buying the gun.

i.e. price...im sure u check Ruger's website to see what it sells for retail. Perhaps you could have pulled prices from gunbroker in terms of market value, and why did you willfully purchase a gun you know its over price from "thief."

buying a gun is like buying a pair of running shoes. u can read reviews and watch all the videos. but its only when u tried them on and even go for a run is only when you know if you like the shoes or not.

im looking to buy a TD. i read the reviews and watch the videos. but i also shot my buddy's 10/22. and like the way it shoots. i also been to a couple of gun stores and played with TD feature. i also registered on forums like this so i have an idea what TD owners are doing with their gun. im also paying attention to what the gun stores in my area are charging compared to what people are paying for throughout the country with keeping in mind the retail price and see if im getting over charge.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Coughlin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I paid 329 for mine in Feb 2013.... It's was only one the got in since Dec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 AM
mikegeo

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr94 View Post
louigi600: im no TD fanatic or apologist, but if u did ur research and read reviews couldn't you have address some of ur issues BEFORE buying the gun.

i.e. price...im sure u check Ruger's website to see what it sells for retail. Perhaps you could have pulled prices from gunbroker in terms of market value, and why did you willfully purchase a gun you know its over price from "thief."

buying a gun is like buying a pair of running shoes. u can read reviews and watch all the videos. but its only when u tried them on and even go for a run is only when you know if you like the shoes or not.

im looking to buy a TD. i read the reviews and watch the videos. but i also shot my buddy's 10/22. and like the way it shoots. i also been to a couple of gun stores and played with TD feature. i also registered on forums like this so i have an idea what TD owners are doing with their gun. im also paying attention to what the gun stores in my area are charging compared to what people are paying for throughout the country with keeping in mind the retail price and see if im getting over charge.
All that applies if you live in the US or Canada. I think hes across the pond. So if you want one. You buy one. I bet they are hard toget there. And people charge what they want. I dont think its like here where you found one online in X.. and have it shipped to your LGS.. Pay for the transfer and be out the door.. just my 2 cents
Old 09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
jukeboxx13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$400.00 when it first came out, and that is what I would pay now at the most.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:47 PM
louigi600

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr94 View Post

I'm not complaining ... just want to warn others that some reviews are incomplete !!!!

The rivers were all good so I was not on the alarm and as for the price it just does not work that way as you cannot legally buy online over here and so you will haveto pay whatever the importer's price is. If you don't like the price you can look for another gun.
Yeah it sucks but that's the way it works in some countries across the pond.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:36 PM
CB900F
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fella's;

I paid $329 and change in January of this year in mid-Montana. That price has been holding in the stores throughout the summer.

900F
Old 09-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Toney56
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
$285 otd two weeks ago for a S/S at a gunshow. $495 otd for a S/S tactical back in January, also at a gunshow.

Last edited by Toney56; 09-07-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Skieur

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I paid $370 for mine.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:40 PM
gsr94

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by louigi600 View Post
I'm not complaining ... just want to warn others that some reviews are incomplete !!!!

The rivers were all good so I was not on the alarm and as for the price it just does not work that way as you cannot legally buy online over here and so you will haveto pay whatever the importer's price is. If you don't like the price you can look for another gun.
Yeah it sucks but that's the way it works in some countries across the pond.
my apologies, didnt know where u were posting from. hope the TD doesnt disappoint you much.

i should have jumped at the camo TD. my buddies and i are going shooting this week and sans my 10/22.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:45 PM
CC's70RS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got one when they first came out. I believe I paid $350 OTD.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:11 AM
pickandpray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just paid 399 plus shipping for the TD threaded.

Should have it on Monday at my ffl
Old 09-22-2013, 08:12 PM
taiden

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Three days ago I paid $409 out the door ($389 before tax) for a 11125 (Davidson's). It comes factory with William's fiber optic sights, bx25 mag, and a threaded stainless barrel with mini14 muzzle brake.

Last edited by taiden; 09-23-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Te Hopo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I reckon the prices you guys are paying are pretty good, here in NZ this rifle has proven very popular and each shipment sells fast so prices are a bit higher.

I had to wait 8 weeks for mine to arrive from the States, RRP here is US$550 but I managed to get mine for US$480 with a Tuffer Buffer thrown in.

Accuracy has proven on par with my old stainless/synthetic and reliability is awesome, however the rougher finish disappointed me.
Apart from that, I'm stoked with mine.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:58 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
The best prices I've seen are $329-349 for the stainless/black TD.