Squirrel Hunters! The Tree Kind! - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-08-2004, 04:58 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)

Great idea on the fish fry Squacks. Gunjunkie will make the corn bread, Ty will fry the potatoes, CJ will cook some corn on the cob after Danurve shucks it, Capt Ken will step in at each station to have his picture taken as if he is doing the cooking, Rustynuts, Sweetman, Bowdog, Firstshot and Mike will clean up and wash the dishes. RN Shutz will have to stand by to put a bandaid on anyone who cuts their finger or gets burned by hot grease. I will sit in a chair, drink beer and bark out various assorted orders. Don't bother trying to get Tarheel to do anything, he's old and will probably be in bed by the time the fish fry starts.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:22 PM
squacks
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
sarge: cooking fish at night sounds better than cooking breakfast in the morning....with the sun coming up....with the squacks bailing out...and me still in the camp!

but i have been trying out this pecan flapjack recipie.......

luck!
Old 02-08-2004, 05:33 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Squacks,
If you feel like you want to cook breakfast just start it at about 4am. We can eat then leave to go squirrel hunting. The late risers can have cold flap jacks. Say, didn't Tarheel say something about what a good breadfast he could cook?
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Gunjunkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Gunjunkie
Corn Bread???? Remember I am Yankee... ... I dont' know about such things...
Old 02-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Crow Feather
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Squirrel season is still in at LBL, but squirrel hunting weather has been out for quite a while. Looks like tomorrow's rain won't start until late afternoon, so I'm making plans to be in the woods when daylight starts to seep in. I have eaten so many this year that I haven't put any in the freezer. Now I'm fresh out and hungry!
Old 02-08-2004, 10:45 PM
SARGE

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
GJ,
Don't forget that I will need someone to sit by me and hold my chair so I don't fall over. Well, never mind, you'd probably fall over and take me with you. Glad I wasn't close to you in the tent when you took that nose dive. I guess you'll just have to be the official food taster.

Cliff,
You haven't noticed that you're having a hankerin for hickory nuts or acorns have you?
Old 02-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Gunjunkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Gunjunkie
Wasn't my nose that hit..
Old 02-08-2004, 10:50 PM
SARGE

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunjunkie
Wasn't my nose that hit..

Oh! Do I have a snappy come back for that, but I'll keep my mouth shut.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Calamity Jane

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by SARGE
Great idea on the fish fry Squacks. Gunjunkie will make the corn bread, Ty will fry the potatoes, CJ will cook some corn on the cob after Danurve shucks it, Capt Ken will step in at each station to have his picture taken as if he is doing the cooking, Rustynuts, Sweetman, Bowdog, Firstshot and Mike will clean up and wash the dishes. RN Shutz will have to stand by to put a bandaid on anyone who cuts their finger or gets burned by hot grease. I will sit in a chair, drink beer and bark out various assorted orders. Don't bother trying to get Tarheel to do anything, he's old and will probably be in bed by the time the fish fry starts.

LOL--Sounds like a winner Sarge
Old 02-08-2004, 11:06 PM
firstshot
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Man....a fish fry shounds GREAT!!!!!

I'll be glad to help with the dishes as long as everyone uses the paper plates & plastic forks....LOL

firstshot
Old 02-09-2004, 02:41 AM
RNSHUTZ

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is shaping up real nice.....I get to see Sarge fall down!! Maybe I can practice bone splinting bein a bit rusty and all!!! Heck maybe I can bribe Squacks out of some of those special flapjacks....a fish fry, AND a squirrel barbeque??? I'm dyin just thinkin about it all.

I'll bring my special possum and cabbage recipe and fixin's.

Be warned though....I'm givin serious consideration to winning the iron sight contest......My eyesight is so good I can see a barn at 50 feet! Better start practicing right now if you want to beat an Eagle Eye like that!
Old 02-09-2004, 04:54 AM
Calamity Jane

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up A Challenge???

Your on RNSHUTZ --- I'm practicin' as much as I can -- whenever I can--I even got me a coach for those 'ole buckhorn sights on that BL-22 of mine-- I'm gonna hold off scopin' it now--till after Shawnee--LOL--Just for you and Sarge

Squacks --I'm so ready for that fish fry and squirrel meal I can't hardly stand it. Now your talkin' flap-jacks????---I'm Shawnee home-sick--are ya sure we hafta wait'll September?

I think I'm Hungry too--LOL
Old 02-09-2004, 06:50 AM
GraybushyBuster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wink lost in the RFC woods

OK, I am SO lost.

I posted a hello to all last night in thread that I thought was the Shawnee thread. but this one is about Shawnee. I think. but it's called "the tree kind" but it's in "hunting"...

I got to say, I like the way Sarge has the work devided. I think I will be able to carry out my function as well as anyone could.

Welllll, a big hello to all -gbb
Old 02-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Taff

Sarge don,t forget the canned carp, and has I ain,t got a job to do I will make sure the port don,t go off in the bottle
Old 02-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Calamity Jane

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cool

I'm a lil' cornfused too--but that's normal for me--

Hey Folks--Jay bought his first Turkey License ever--he will have his chance at a turkey in May---he is really excited about it--I hope he gets one. We saw 7 fly across the road on our way to Port Huron yesterday--that's kinda scarey really--I sure wouldn't want one of those big gobblers hitting my windsheild--Dad knows a guy that had his arm resting out of the window while driving down the road and a turkey flew up and hit him--breaking his arm, he was lucky, I guess there's been a few worse than that.

I believe Dad has a license for the May hunt too--anyway--I hope they both get one.

PSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssst---Friday February 13th is Dads B-day--65 yrs young

Had to edit--LOL--I forgot to turn my calender--thought tomorrow was 13th

Then Happy Heart Day to you ALL the day after