Gunjunkie
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Gunjunkie

RNSHUTZ
Member # 14910

posted 01-28-2004 11:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SQUACKS:
i usually lean my rifle agin the closest tree. shootin sticks would be alright if i had some and could remember to get me and the sticks together into the woods at the same time. better yet would be that lady godiva would volunteer to come along and just let me shoot off her shoulder.....i am sure she wouldn't shake nary a bit...but i might..........how much do these shootin sticks cost?

luck!

These shootin sticks don't cost nothing. You just put some nylon string in your pocket, pick out two likely saplings, cutem down, and trim em, then you tie em together towards the top. Then you fork em and use em for..............ooops, I think I just told on myself.

--------------------
Some turnips are harder to mash than others.

Posts: 40 | From: SE Kansas | Registered: Dec 2003 | IP: Logged |

SARGE
Member # 5437

posted 01-29-2004 08:45 AM
Carrying string in your pocket and cutting saplings dulling your squirrel skinning knife? Or do you carry a sapling whittling knife? I tried to make a teepee that way once, it didn't work.
Posts: 2163 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged |

danurve

Member # 6597

posted 01-29-2004 09:19 PM
Gretchen Mol & Fall Squirrel Hunting clothes
Had to post this one ..

--------------------
Three out of five voices in my head told me to just stay home today, and clean my guns.

Posts: 934 | From: Lyncourt, (Syracuse) NY | Registered: Apr 2002 | IP: Logged |

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 01-29-2004 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by danurve:
Gretchen Mol & Fall Squirrel Hunting clothes
Had to post this one ..

Is she going to Shawnee?

What is her nickname?

--------------------
Wannabe

Posts: 80 | From: Portage, MI, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | IP: Logged |

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 01-30-2004 12:25 AM
Wannabe, won't tell you about the bird hunters that went last year.. LOL...

--------------------
Gunjunkie

"There is a time for all things, a time to preach and a time to
pray, but those times have passed away. There is a time to fight,
and that time has now come." --Peter Muhlenberg

Posts: 4988 | From: Bellefonte,Pa USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | IP: Logged |

Taff
Member # 10984

posted 01-30-2004 04:12 PM
After drinking Sarges Jalipino wine I swear she was there.
Posts: 430 | From: Southampton,Hampshire,Great Britain | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged |

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 01-31-2004 11:34 AM
Taff, I am real suprized that there wern't any pink elephants runing around the campground..

--------------------
Gunjunkie

bowdog62010

Member # 12369

posted 01-31-2004 11:39 AM
There was. They just weren't in season.

--------------------
One shot, just one

Posts: 318 | From: Bethalto, Il 62010 | Registered: Jun 2003 | IP: Logged |

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 01-31-2004 05:18 PM

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 01-31-2004 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gunjunkie:
Wannabe, won't tell you about the bird hunters that went last year.. LOL...

Bird hunters?

Come on, tell me!

--------------------
Wannabe

Squirrel Tale
Member # 9907

posted 01-31-2004 07:15 PM
Squatch and I went huntin' Thursday. I saw two, didn't get a shot. It was cold and the wind came up with the sun. Both squirrels went into den trees early and didn't come back out.
Squatch said he didn't see any squirrels, but a bobcat walked by a few yards in front of him. He got to watch it until it finally ambled off.
This is their breeding season and, like most males, they they let their hormones rule their brains when a female is around. I had smelled cat spray a couple of places along the trail I was on, but I didn't see one on my side of the ridge.
Posts: 720 | From: near Land between the Lakes, Tenn. | Registered: Dec 2002 | IP: Logged |

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-01-2004 03:10 AM
Wannbe--If you reallly WannaKnow--you WillBe in Shawnee come September--We all took an Oath--we can give hints, but nothing in explicit detail about the event's of Squirrel camp--you must be sworn in

Rabid Squirrel Hunter's Honor is verrry Big Medicine

--------------------
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.
Mary Pickford (1893 - 1979)

Posts: 893 | From: Brown City,Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003 | IP: Logged |

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-01-2004 06:01 PM
I was shootin' my Browning .22 today for 2 hrs--I've got some major disciplining to do on my part--I'm consistent--but low and to the right---even put 4 shots in a row right through the same spot makin' the orignal hole bigger. I dunno why the heck I started doin'it-but i'm pullin' to the right and droppin' / flinchin'--had it been a squirrel he wouldn't have gotten away--but the point is--it wasn't where I wanted it to hit---I had Mister shoot it to make sure it wasn't the gun--thankfully it's not the gun--he nailed the target right where he planned ---so now I hafta work harder---I can do that.

--------------------
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

rustynuts
Member # 7342

posted 02-01-2004 08:45 PM
CJ,
Aim high and to the left! LOL
Posts: 446 | From: glen carbon, il, usa | Registered: Jun 2002 | IP: Logged |

SARGE
Member # 5437

posted 02-01-2004 09:14 PM
CJ,
Shoot left handed the way your supposed to.

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-01-2004 10:38 PM
Thanks Russ LOL

Your probably right Sarge--tomorrow I will shoot left handed--over my shoulder using a mirror as my only means of seein' the target and this time I'll make sure my hat is leanin' to the right for balance--LOL

--------------------

firstshot

Member # 9576

posted 02-01-2004 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Calamity Jane:
I'm consistent--but low and to the right---even put 4 shots in a row right through the same spot makin' the orignal hole bigger.

CJ

What range were you shooting at, 25 Yds? That's some dang good shootin for open sights!!!!! You just keep practicin so you can give SARGE a run for his money at this years Shawnee open sights contest!!!

--------------------
firstshot

Make your first shot count!

Posts: 1001 | From: Bentonville, AR, USA | Registered: Nov 2002 | IP: Logged |

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-01-2004 11:39 PM
Originally posted by firstshot:
CJ
What range were you shooting at, 25 Yds? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Nope--was 50 yards

--------------------

firstshot

Member # 9576

posted 02-01-2004 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by firstshot:
CJ
What range were you shooting at, 25 Yds?

quote:

Nope--was 50 yards

Holy smoke...50Yds!!!....Look out SARGE....there's a new kid on the block!!! LOL

--------------------
firstshot

RNSHUTZ
Member # 14910

posted 02-02-2004 02:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SARGE:
Carrying string in your pocket and cutting saplings dulling your squirrel skinning knife? Or do you carry a sapling whittling knife? I tried to make a teepee that way once, it didn't work.

Nope....I carry a Bowie knife in addition to my skinner. It's just for makin shootin sticks and choppin up snakes and firewood and such....blade's 11 inches long.....it's my survival tool. I can also use it to keep 400 pound women at bay, flip brown suckers out of the way, and skin them tough Kansas bears too.

There's a feller down the road from me with a HUGE teepee in his yard by the way. I think he cheated by using power tools and hardware though.

--------------------
Some turnips are harder to mash than others.

Posts: 40 | From: SE Kansas | Registered: Dec 2003 | IP: Logged |

SARGE
Member # 5437

posted 02-02-2004 08:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RNSHUTZ:
[....blade's 11 inches long.....it's my survival tool. I can also use it to keep 400 pound women at bay,

I guess you didn't have this knife when you ventured to Springdale.

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 02-02-2004 10:50 AM

quote:
I was shootin' my Browning .22 today for 2 hrs--I've got some major disciplining to do on my part--I'm consistent--but low and to the right---even put 4 shots in a row right through the same spot makin' the orignal hole bigger. I dunno why the heck I started doin'it-but i'm pullin' to the right and droppin' / flinchin'--had it been a squirrel he wouldn't have gotten away--but the point is--it wasn't where I wanted it to hit---I had Mister shoot it to make sure it wasn't the gun--thankfully it's not the gun--he nailed the target right where he planned ---so now I hafta work harder---I can do that.

CJ,
Put the barrel in a vice and bend it up and left just a little. Then.......

Wear ear-plugs and queeze the trigger, don't pull.

I thought you put a scope on that gun?

--------------------
Wannabe

Old 02-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Gunjunkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-02-2004 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Wannabe:
CJ,
Put the barrel in a vice and bend it up and left just a little. Then....... Ohhhhhhhh--so that's how ya' get those tricky curve shots through the brush.

Wear ear-plugs and queeze the trigger, don't pull.

I thought you put a scope on that gun?

Nope--I like the buckhorn sight--I hate to scope it-if I don't have to.

--------------------

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-02-2004 11:57 AM
Wannabe,,

Don't be messin with our official cookie maker.. Them's fightin words...

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 02-02-2004 01:23 PM
You all had better be carefull with those cookies.

The last time I was at CJ's house, I saw a case of Exlax and a case of Metamusal on the shelf. Both had sticky notes with "Shawnee" on them.

I'm not sure what she is up to but she has been known to get a jump on folks. I figured she wants to beat someone to the best squirrel tree or something.

Moving, don't you think?

--------------------
Wannabe

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-02-2004 02:47 PM

--------------------

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 02-02-2004 07:09 PM

quote:

Now thats FUNNY!

--------------------
Wannabe

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-02-2004 07:33 PM

quote:
You all had better be carefull with those cookies.

The last time I was at CJ's house, I saw a case of Exlax and a case of Metamusal on the shelf. Both had sticky notes with "Shawnee" on them.

I'm not sure what she is up to but she has been known to get a jump on folks. I figured she wants to beat someone to the best squirrel tree or something.

Moving, don't you think?

Thats ok,, need a good cleaning out at times..

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Squirrel Tale
Member # 9907

posted 02-02-2004 08:35 PM
Hope Sarge and Squacks didn't see their shadows today. I did my part and stayed inside. Probably was an unncecessary precaution because it doesn't look like there will be much chance of seeing my shadow this week.
Season ends Feb 29 in LBL.
Posts: 720 | From: near Land between the Lakes, Tenn. | Registered: Dec 2002 | IP: Logged |

SQUACKS

Member # 5485

posted 02-02-2004 08:48 PM
squirrel tale: there was no chance of seeing a shadow here today, but i hope it does not warm up here until about may 1. i plan on doing some ice fishing before that. we are getting some additional inches of the white stuff tonight.

squirrel season is out here. got in a little rabbit hunting on sat. it was mighty frigid but we had some fun anyways.

luck!

--------------------
visit my web page at www.home.earthlink.net/~skillgrove

Posts: 1842 | From: ANTIOCH IL. U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged |

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-03-2004 03:40 AM
Hey Squacks --we've got some bunnies here that look like they might be related to Fordsters rabbaroo's over there in New Zealand--they are huuuuuuuge---I've been practicin' and getting used to my Browning .22---I have till march 1st to get a bunny and if the weather straightens up--possibly a squirrel---if nuthin' else-- well--Mister took me to Gander Mountain--now I've got a spinner .22 target and a spinner 30-30 target--I'm gonna be havin' a BLAST literally--LOL

--------------------

SquirrelSniper

Member # 5036

posted 02-03-2004 07:09 AM
More like a blast and a KLANG!

Remind me not to accept any cookies from CJ if I make it to the next Shawnee Squack Blast.

--------------------
SqS

Posts: 3080 | From: Norfolk, VA | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged |

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-03-2004 09:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SquirrelSniper:
More like a blast and a KLANG!

Remind me not to accept any cookies from CJ if I make it to the next Shawnee Squack Blast.

Better make it to Shawnee. would hate to arrange a kidnappin..

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 02-03-2004 09:51 AM

quote:
Mister took me to Gander Mountain--now I've got a spinner .22 target and a spinner 30-30 target--I'm gonna be havin' a BLAST literally--LOL [/QB]

CJ,
Those spinners can be a lot of fun as I know you have witnessed the boys at "the farm" using mine.

But, please be carefull and be sure where that lead is going. The local gun club does not allow them as they have had a problem with ricochets getting off the property.

Have fun!

--------------------
Wannabe

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-03-2004 12:07 PM
Wannbe--Thank you for your advice--I will be careful , it's snainin' here right now--I'll be waitin' out the weather for a day or two -- so for now I've got to find some other trouble to get into, to bad you live so far away

SquirrelSniper {sorry Squirreltale}--LOL-the proof is in the chocolate -- A diversion is bein' made so that SomeBody has more cookies to himself--LMAO
GJ's right--Ya' better get there this year SquirrelSniper--we have a whole list of kidnapee's--your on the top of the list

--------------------

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-03-2004 03:22 PM
Wannabe your being too nice to CJ whats up?? .

I know,, I woudn't want on her hit list either.. LMAO>>>

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 02-03-2004 03:34 PM

quote:
Wannabe your being too nice to CJ whats up?? .

I know,, I woudn't want on her hit list either.. LMAO>>>

Shush,
I'm settin her up.

--------------------
Wannabe

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-03-2004 03:48 PM
Boy,, I know your her brother,, but I met the woman,, was at her home, and at Shawnee.. You do what you want.. I am staying real clear of this one..

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-03-2004 04:54 PM
Shush,
I'm settin her up.

NO--Your NOT gettin' my Browning .22 or my Savage 22-250--- --Bring it on Big Brother

--------------------

450CartridgeBeltMan
Member # 15135

posted 02-03-2004 05:16 PM
I have been sitting here reading this whole post for about 5 hours now and i am learning alot about squirrels, i love to squirrel hunt here in arkansas and would like to say that if any of you are ever in my neck of the woods anytime between 1st sat.in Oct. to the last day of Feb. give me a holler would love to go hunting anytime. I have a great squirrel dog and some great woods to hunt in so if any of you are ever in Ark. give me holler it would be an honor to hunt with any of you on here.

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-03-2004 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 450CartridgeBeltMan:
I have been sitting here reading this whole post for about 5 hours now and i am learning alot about squirrels, i love to squirrel hunt here in arkansas and would like to say that if any of you are ever in my neck of the woods anytime between 1st sat.in Oct. to the last day of Feb. give me a holler would love to go hunting anytime. I have a great squirrel dog and some great woods to hunt in so if any of you are ever in Ark. give me holler it would be an honor to hunt with any of you on here.

Check out Shawnee Hunt 2004 and join us..

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 02-03-2004 06:05 PM

quote:
Boy,, I know your her brother,, but I met the woman,, was at her home, and at Shawnee.. You do what you want.. I am staying real clear of this one..

Hey,
It's sort of like dealing with a Rattle Snake. Keep your distance and don't take your eyes off of that mouth!

You may have to move quick, you may have to run, you may even get bit, but it won't kill you.

Sometimes I guess, you just plain ask for it!

--------------------
Wannabe

Old 02-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Gunjunkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SquirrelSniper

Member # 5036

posted 02-03-2004 07:49 PM
Larry if all else fails, I'll pay fer the %%%% gas money for you all to come kidnap me! Just be sure to stop by my place first to pick up guns, ammo, tent, and other essentials.

Also if ya'll kidnap me do I have to ride up there in a crate in the back of a pickup?

--------------------
SqS

Posts: 3080 | From: Norfolk, VA | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged |

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-03-2004 08:00 PM
450CartridgeBeltMan--Welcome!!!--We hope to see you around more

SquirrelSniper--You only hafta ride the first mile in the crate--just to make it look official--you know--resist a lil'

GJ Do I still get to drive???

--------------------

firstshot

Member # 9576

posted 02-03-2004 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 450CartridgeBeltMan:

450CartridgeBeltMan

What part of Arkansas do you live in? I'm up in Bentonville in the North West corner. Got a young Jack Russell terrier I'm trying to get started.

--------------------
firstshot

rustynuts
Member # 7342

posted 02-03-2004 08:05 PM
Squirrelsniper,
How's the new job going? Seems you've been busy of late, hope you find some extra time to make it to the hunt in Sept.

CJ,
I have spinner targets and love em, I built a box around them and covered it with sod, works great and is easy to do. CLANG!

Good Day All

rustynuts
Member # 7342

posted 02-03-2004 08:10 PM
450CartridgeBeltMan,
If you spent 5 hours catching up on this post then I suspect you would fit in just perfect at our annual get together in Sept. at the Shawnee National Forest in IL. Lots of great people to meet, good food, embellished stories, and wonderful hunting grounds to romp around in. Welcome to the squirrel threads and don't be a stranger.

Good Day

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-03-2004 08:28 PM
Originally posted by rustynuts:

CJ,
I have spinner targets and love em, I built a box around them and covered it with sod, works great and is easy to do. CLANG!
Good Day All [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanx Russ--Awesome idea--

--------------------

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-03-2004 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SquirrelSniper:
Larry if all else fails, I'll pay fer the %%%% gas money for you all to come kidnap me! Just be sure to stop by my place first to pick up guns, ammo, tent, and other essentials.

Also if ya'll kidnap me do I have to ride up there in a crate in the back of a pickup?

I have your address unless you move till then,, and I will be done..

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-03-2004 09:34 PM

quote:

quote:

Hey,
It's sort of like dealing with a Rattle Snake. Keep your distance and don't take your eyes off of that mouth!

You may have to move quick, you may have to run, you may even get bit, but it won't kill you.

Sometimes I guess, you just plain ask for it!

Not the voice , its the weapons..

--------------------
Gunjunkie

firstshot

Member # 9576

posted 02-03-2004 10:04 PM
Can't think of a better thread to put my 1,000th post than the "SQUIRREL HUNTERS? THE TREE KIND!". Where else could you meet such a great bunch of folks, many of whome have become good friends now. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group! I'm very much looking forward to spending more time with you guys.

--------------------
firstshot

SARGE
Member # 5437

posted 02-03-2004 10:19 PM
First Shot,
It's great to have you here and at the shawnee hunt also. Sure hope you make it there this year.

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-03-2004 10:31 PM
Great job on number 1000 Firstshot....

and I agree with Sarge, anyone that can't make it will be missed for sure...

Was one of the highlights of my life for sure...

(even when I fell on my big butt)

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Calamity Jane

Member # 10322

posted 02-04-2004 12:59 AM
Congratulations on your 1000th post Firstshot

You better be in Shawnee come September--camp wouldn't be the same without you for certain. Besides--you hafta keep Mister outta the stores in town---LOL

I hafta agree with you as do Dad and Mister--we've never met a finer group of folks, it was quite a priviledge for us as well. We're sure lookin' forward to seein' you all again. I hope to drag that obstinate brother of mine along this too--and hopefully a nephew or two

--------------------

Wannabe
Member # 10221

posted 02-04-2004 05:57 AM

quote:
I hope to drag that obstinate brother of mine along this too--and hopefully a nephew or two [/QB]

Obstinate? What does that mean? Is that a compliment or an insult? I have to go look that up................................................ .................................................. ............................

--------------------
Wannabe

450CartridgeBeltMan
Member # 15135

posted 02-04-2004 12:41 PM
I would love to join all of you guys and gals on that squirrel hunt theres just one problem all my vacation time that i have left is allready spoken for by the wife and daughter and as you all know if the wife aint happy aint nobody happy so i guess i will have to spen a week on the lake camping and fishing[what a bore]ha ha. Love to squirrel hunt deer hunt duck hunt rabbit hunt fish anything that has to do with the outdoors, did mention hunting.Maybe after Oct. when i get some more vacation time some of you guys and come down here to Ark. and we can have a weekend squirrel hunting fishing camp out. I was a member of marlin talk a couple years ago, and was looking at there website and marlin talk and realized what all i was missing all of the good information and great people that are on here. Keep up of the good work. Looking at the marlin .17 thinking about retiring my Marlin model 57 .22mag and my ruger 10/22 and getting a marlin .17 which should really do a number on some squirrel heads with hollow points.

Gunjunkie

Member # 9809

posted 02-04-2004 02:34 PM
450, just come up for the weekend if you can then..

--------------------
Gunjunkie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Gunjunkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OK gang lets get it going .. I am also looking forward to many new people from our new home to join us here and at Shawnee..

Special Thanks to RFC and all involved in letting us do this here ...
Old 02-06-2004, 02:06 PM
BOA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How did you extract the entire archive without getting the graphics junk included? I'm glad you saved this one. There are a couple of others worth saving as well.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Gunjunkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BOA since the forums are different based I had to copy and paste it all half page at a time.... Viper was going to move it all but couldn't.. Grafics never show up on copy and paste for me.. LOL. We cleared this with the mods first, I am sure your Outdoors one needs put in here too I know all would love to hear about the African Hunt...
Old 02-07-2004, 02:53 PM
squacks

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
howdy all!

just wanted to mention that a lot of the thread "squirrel hunters...the tree kind" is on the net. a web search for that exact title or the shawnee 2003 thread, will bring either of them up.

i do not know what happens to them when marlin pulls the plug but i was amazed to find them on the web.

it's great to see you all here.

a big howdy to all the RABID SQUIRREL HUNTERS! you know who you are.

luck!
Old 02-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Wannabe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Squacks!

Glad you made it. Many of us were worried that you might not find us.

Happy that you did. Have you been visiting that new grandson?
Old 02-07-2004, 04:10 PM
squacks

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
wannabe: i got bout 20 e-mails telling me exactly "where to go"! lol!

i have not gotten to visit my gandson yet. may be april before i get there. a little grandchildren petting and some turkey hunting will put the world back in a more agreeable condition.

luck!
Old 02-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Crow Feather
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hot dang! A real home coming. 'Bout time you guys showed up.
Crow Feather
Squirrel Tale
Cliff
Old 02-07-2004, 11:11 PM
mike243
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
bout time ya showed up sqaucks i did'nt realize everybody was headed over here but great minds think alike seems to be true mike
Old 02-08-2004, 12:00 AM
bowdog
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They slowed us up a bit but they can't stop us.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:14 AM
knottybumpo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Howdy all Rabid Squirrel Hunters.
The invisible surfer is again on duty
knotty
Old 02-08-2004, 11:41 AM
squacks

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
howdy all!

it's sure is great to see all these familiar names. makes me feel to home already.

the squirrel season in wisconsin and illinois has ended and there is a long dry spell ahead. i am going to do the best i can to fill it in as best i can with a dab o fishin and turkey hunting.

i been thinking of a possible fish fry on one of the nights in shawnee. of course this would be in addition to the annual squirrel bbq! we could hardly have a squirrel hunt with out cooking up a few squacks!

i should be able to come up with enough gill filets to feed an army....at least a small army of squirrel hunters. we will see how ambitious i get about filleting that many.

luck!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Gunjunkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will remember you posted this about the fish fry Squacks...