Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM
hambone49
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)

Thanks Kev, (my name too). I'm sure we have many mutual buds from the silly crowd. My finest Annies are the customs that LeRoy Barry did for me. I think I have about 5 of those. I started out collecting the old 54s but to tell the truth it got a little boring because they were kind of all the same. That's when I discovered that little company out in Oregon. My Kimbers are my pride and joy. I'm sure glad I didn't pay what they all are going for today..
Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone49 View Post
Thanks Kev, (my name too). I'm sure we have many mutual buds from the silly crowd. My finest Annies are the customs that LeRoy Barry did for me. I think I have about 5 of those. I started out collecting the old 54s but to tell the truth it got a little boring because they were kind of all the same. That's when I discovered that little company out in Oregon. My Kimbers are my pride and joy. I'm sure glad I didn't pay what they all are going for today..
I absolutley agree with you, there is not such a wide variety of 54 sporters. I have tried to diversify my 54 sporter collection as much as possible and am now mainly considering different calibers. The Walther KKJ is a rifle that I consider to be of the same quality.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM
MN22LRFan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
hambone49 -
Have you ever scoped the KKJ, and how does it compare to the 54s for accuracy ? Is that double set trigger adjustable, or easy to use ? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN22LRFan View Post
hambone49 -
Have you ever scoped the KKJ, and how does it compare to the 54s for accuracy ? Is that double set trigger adjustable, or easy to use ? Thanks.
The KKJ is a quality rifle made to the same standards as an Anschütz 54. The accuracy is excellent at less weight.

KKJ stands for KleinkaliberJagd, small bore hunting rifle. This is what it was designed for and this is what it is best at.

I just gifted mine to my youngest son. May he not let the squirrels escape!

Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Penndog

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
This is one that I am working on.....got a piece of exhibition grade myrtle wood that should confuse the squirrels

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Have to get the final finish on it then I will checker in the standard Anschutz pattern. This is my gun though so work is slow on it

The collections/guns that have been shown on here are truely amazing

PennDog
Old 02-05-2013, 06:28 PM
hydro762

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan harris View Post
Here's a couple of versions you don't see every day:

I find these models with two action screws a little easier to tune than my 65 model with the barrel bulge and three screws.
The single stage triggers on these new ones are pretty good with a simple sear adjustment and spring change.
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is that rifle on the very bottom?

With the exquisite dark wood and stainless barrel? I assume it is aftermarket, but it is one of the most beautiful guns I have ever seen. Could someone tell me exactly what it is, and if it is possible to buy it, LOL.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 PM
iron85

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penndog View Post
This is one that I am working on.....got a piece of exhibition grade myrtle wood that should confuse the squirrels

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Have to get the final finish on it then I will checker in the standard Anschutz pattern. This is my gun though so work is slow on it

The collections/guns that have been shown on here are truely amazing

PennDog
That stock is amazing. I can't wait to see the final product. I hope you bump this thread to show it off when you're finish. I wish I had the skill to make something that beautiful.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:58 AM
AJK 547

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Meister grade...

JohnOhio wanted me to post a couple of pics for him of his Meister grade to add to the great collection we're seeing in this thread!:

Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Penndog

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Wow! Some of these 54's with factory wood were the reason that I had to find some nice wood for mine. Mine was one of the plainest pieces of wood that I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing

PennDog
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
JohnOhio

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJK 547 View Post
JohnOhio wanted me to post a couple of pics for him of his Meister grade to add to the great collection we're seeing in this thread!:

Thanks Art- Was lucky to find this new in the box meistergrade a few years back with this nice piece of wood. Wish I would have taken a picture of the meistergrade in gold on the triggerguard!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 AM
hydro762

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Man, some of these stocks are unreal. Being new to Anschutz, I am trying to understand how one acquires such a beautiful stock.

Do you have to order meister grade? Or does that even assure you of it? Almost requires hand picking.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 PM
MN22LRFan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hendershot's has a couple of Annies with nice wood, and don't seem to be Meister grades:
http://www.hendershots.net/gunRoom.aspx?catid=12
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 AM
MICROGUNNER

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron85 View Post
Was that em you first bought it? Have you scoped it yet?

Yep, that was when I first opened the box.
They're both scoped now.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Highdollar

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Savage Anschutz 54 sporter

Suhl

Anschutz 54 match

Last edited by Highdollar; 11-07-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 AM
JohnOhio

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN22LRFan View Post
Here's one from 1971 that has been upgraded with a left-handed California English stock -

Do you know who the stockmaker is? Looks like he did a nice job!