Reliable Extraction & Ejection? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Innovative
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
Florida
Posts: 
45
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
toxo . . . .
What model is your rifle? Show a picture of the ejection port. If you have an Anschutz model 1700, your ejection is still too weak to be reliable.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-09-2016, 05:43 PM
toxo

Join Date: 
Oct 2014
Location: 
Gillingham, Nr London, UK
Posts: 
37
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative View Post
toxo . . . .
What model is your rifle? Show a picture of the ejection port. If you have an Anschutz model 1700, your ejection is still too weak to be reliable.
It's a 1417. Don't need the drastic action you took. It now clears the port easily , even slowly, even with unfired bullets which are somewhat heavier.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Innovative
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
Florida
Posts: 
45
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Different rifle . . . .

I am not familiar with the Anschutz Model 1417.

If you really fixed the ejection problem as you described, I can guaranty your Anschutz Model 1417 has the ejection port positioned at a slightly different angle.

Anyone that has an Anschutz Model 1700 can compare their ejection port to the picture I posted, and they'll see a big difference in the opened up port. There is no other fix that ejects with 100% reliability. Modifying the extractors will only mprove the ejection a little bit.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34  
Old 12-09-2016, 08:21 PM
toxo

Join Date: 
Oct 2014
Location: 
Gillingham, Nr London, UK
Posts: 
37
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I believe it to be the 1416 with a 14inch barrel. we use em over here with a moderator which you guys don't seem to bother with.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Innovative
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
Florida
Posts: 
45
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Across the pond . . . .

toxo . . . .
I see that you live in the UK.

In the states, we need to purchase a special $200. tax stamp (we call that a permit) to own a moderator (we call that a suppressor).

If any rifle over here has a barrel under 16" it is called a Short Barrelled Rifle (SBR), and that requires another $200. permit.

Except for suppressors, SBRs and full auto firearms, our firearm freedom is pretty good over here. I hear from shooters all over the world, and it sounds very different in most "free" countries. Our freedom is always under attack from the liberals who just don't understand the need for our constitution.

Thank GOD we have the NRA.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-12-2017, 04:35 AM
Sir Ville
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2012
Location: 
Sweden
Posts: 
2,073
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Reliable Extraction & Ejection?

And now my 1710 has got this sickness as well. It will only eject half of the empty cases without issues. Irritating

EDIT : Did the mod according the advice above and problem solved. A good mod !

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Last edited by Sir Ville; 02-12-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-12-2017, 08:34 AM
toxo

Join Date: 
Oct 2014
Location: 
Gillingham, Nr London, UK
Posts: 
37
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can we clear this up a bit?
There are two issues here, is it a fail to extract or is it failure to clear the port AFTER extraction?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-12-2017, 09:01 AM
dgeesaman

Join Date: 
Nov 2014
Posts: 
617
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxo View Post
Can we clear this up a bit?
There are two issues here, is it a fail to extract or is it failure to clear the port AFTER extraction?
In mine, the case extracts cleanly when I retract the bolt but the ejection is weak and erratic. Sometimes it even pops and falls back into the loading port.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-12-2017, 09:17 AM
toxo

Join Date: 
Oct 2014
Location: 
Gillingham, Nr London, UK
Posts: 
37
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative View Post
toxo . . . .
I see that you live in the UK.

In the states, we need to purchase a special $200. tax stamp (we call that a permit) to own a moderator (we call that a suppressor).

If any rifle over here has a barrel under 16" it is called a Short Barrelled Rifle (SBR), and that requires another $200. permit.

Except for suppressors, SBRs and full auto firearms, our firearm freedom is pretty good over here. I hear from shooters all over the world, and it sounds very different in most "free" countries. Our freedom is always under attack from the liberals who just don't understand the need for our constitution.

Thank GOD we have the NRA.
For me personally, a rifle is a tool for a specific job. I'm only interested in shooting rabbits so I use a .22lr or an air rifle. I have various different powered air rifles for when a .22 is too much gun or I just want to clear some rats.
I've recently been asked to clear a a farm where the distances are a bit farther so I'm just about to ask for a .17hmr and a second .22lr so I can have a dedicated day/night rig. The farm also raises pheasant for rough shooting. This means they have a fox problem which they've asked me to sort out as well so I'll be asking for a Rem .223 for that purpose. The cost to me is purely admin and comes to £20 no matter how many rifles I intend to buy. I'm happy to have to ask for these guns because there are safety issues to think about and I have to be sure that not only is there a good reason to have the weapon but it's a safe area to fire it. If I wanted a .223 and I only had a ten acre field to shoot on I wouldn't be allowed to have it and rightly so because there would be serious danger to people outside my shooting zone.
I appreciate that over there in the US you have much more land to shoot on but common sense still has to prevail. When I watch YouTube I cringe when I see shooters - not just US shooters - shooting high powered rifles at targets with a forest as the only backstop.
I think the NRA will contest any change because they see it as a potential dent in their wallet. I think that unless you guys try to discourage the Rambo types and bring some common sense and safety into the equation popular opinion will eventually grind you down.

Hard hat firmly in place.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Sir Ville
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2012
Location: 
Sweden
Posts: 
2,073
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxo View Post
Can we clear this up a bit?
There are two issues here, is it a fail to extract or is it failure to clear the port AFTER extraction?


In my case it was the latter. Every second case or so just landed on top of the mag. Extremely irritating.
My 1710 is a fairly new gun and it didn't have this problem before. I haven't shot it at all since the last competition in mid-October 2016. Been busy shooting my CF rifles instead. I took it to the range yesterday and it wouldn't eject the cases properly.
Got it solved though, it seems - for now


Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Sir Ville
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2012
Location: 
Sweden
Posts: 
2,073
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxo View Post
For me personally, a rifle is a tool for a specific job. I'm only interested in shooting rabbits so I use a .22lr or an air rifle. I have various different powered air rifles for when a .22 is too much gun or I just want to clear some rats.

I've recently been asked to clear a a farm where the distances are a bit farther so I'm just about to ask for a .17hmr and a second .22lr so I can have a dedicated day/night rig. The farm also raises pheasant for rough shooting. This means they have a fox problem which they've asked me to sort out as well so I'll be asking for a Rem .223 for that purpose. The cost to me is purely admin and comes to £20 no matter how many rifles I intend to buy. I'm happy to have to ask for these guns because there are safety issues to think about and I have to be sure that not only is there a good reason to have the weapon but it's a safe area to fire it. If I wanted a .223 and I only had a ten acre field to shoot on I wouldn't be allowed to have it and rightly so because there would be serious danger to people outside my shooting zone.

I appreciate that over there in the US you have much more land to shoot on but common sense still has to prevail. When I watch YouTube I cringe when I see shooters - not just US shooters - shooting high powered rifles at targets with a forest as the only backstop.

I think the NRA will contest any change because they see it as a potential dent in their wallet. I think that unless you guys try to discourage the Rambo types and bring some common sense and safety into the equation popular opinion will eventually grind you down.



Hard hat firmly in place.


I hear you
I have a Tikka T3 Super Varmint in .223 and i shoot that bugger to 600 meters with heavy 77-80gr ammo and i wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of things - not even at 1000 meters ..

Even a .22 LR is potentially dangerous at amazingly long distances.



Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Innovative
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
Florida
Posts: 
45
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Americans won't get ground down . . . .

Toxo . . . .

You’ll need more than a hard hat to convince American shooters to disregard the NRA. The NRA represents all Americans (including the misinformed) to prevent our government from getting out of control. Our first president “George Washington” was quoted as saying that our Second Amendment was the cornerstone of our Constitution, and that if we lose our right to keep and bear arms our very freedom would be at stake.

Unlike your 10 acres to shoot in, we have a whole population that is free to shoot anywhere we want, as long as we do it safely and with permission from the land owner. I shoot any rifle I want on several farms located all across the country. One of them has well over 50,000 acres. It is common sense for us to preserve our gun rights. Firearm permits, licenses, and registration are all government tools that lead to firearm confiscation.

- Good luck with Brexit (It’s a big step in the right direction for freedom in the UK.)

- Larry Willis
USMC
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-12-2017, 03:38 PM
toxo

Join Date: 
Oct 2014
Location: 
Gillingham, Nr London, UK
Posts: 
37
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative View Post
Toxo . . . .

You’ll need more than a hard hat to convince American shooters to disregard the NRA. The NRA represents all Americans (including the misinformed) to prevent our government from getting out of control. Our first president “George Washington” was quoted as saying that our Second Amendment was the cornerstone of our Constitution, and that if we lose our right to keep and bear arms our very freedom would be at stake.

Unlike your 10 acres to shoot in, we have a whole population that is free to shoot anywhere we want, as long as we do it safely and with permission from the land owner. I shoot any rifle I want on several farms located all across the country. One of them has well over 50,000 acres. It is common sense for us to preserve our gun rights. Firearm permits, licenses, and registration are all government tools that lead to firearm confiscation.

- Good luck with Brexit (It’s a big step in the right direction for freedom in the UK.)

- Larry Willis
USMC
I'm not saying you should disregard the NRA Larry. Far from it. Shooting and hunting need laws and rules and the NRA are the people to make sure those rules make sense for eveyone including non shooters. It's the non shooters who will dictate the rules eventually if something isn't done to stop numpties walking into a school with assault rifles. It would be better for the NRA to moderate the rules now for the good of all instead of using an out of date second amendment to feather their own nest.

The freedom to shoot anywhere with permission is exactly the same over here. The difference is it just isn't as easy for an idiot to abuse the system and jeopardise the sport for everyone else.

Serious question; How is Trump on hunting and shooting?

Last edited by toxo; 02-12-2017 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Afterthought
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Innovative
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
Florida
Posts: 
45
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Preserving Freedom . . . .

toxo . . . .

Trump’s support for the NRA is as solid as anyone could ever hope for. Most countries that have lost their freedom have found that it was due to their own government, and it has slipped away slowly. Our Second Amendment is a SOLID foundation that preserves all of our other freedoms.

You should start another thread that is devoted to this topic. Better yet, if you have questions about preserving freedom you can contact me directly at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM . All of my contact information is on the bottom of every page of my website. Believe it or not, explaining (and hearing the explanation) can be a pleasant conversation.

The greatest threat to freedom in the U.S. is propaganda from our own mainstream news media.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-12-2017, 05:43 PM
sako

Join Date: 
Sep 2014
Location: 
New Zealand
Posts: 
228
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative View Post

he greatest threat to freedom in the U.S. is propaganda from our own mainstream news media.
Larry, that would be the same for most if not all western democracies.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x