Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Renegade

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Finally!! 240+ @ 50yards!

I finally did it. I was beginning to think either the Suhl, or me, wasn't accurate enough to shoot over 240 @ 50 yards. I've been shooting like #$^%# in my last few matches, and it took me all 4 targets at 25 yards last month to get one 250. I only beat Ali by 2 points and 1 X on our combined scores for all 4 targets for August.
Ali was here for the weekend, but I couldn't talk her into going to the range, so I went after I dropped her off Sunday afternoon. I was playing with my new Tuner, and found a setting that was shooting consistant groups in the .2's, with a couple in the .1's, so I put up a USBR target at 50 yards. 241-2X. Yeehaaa! I needed that to regain my confidence, in the worst way! And the week has gotten better, too. Next day, shot a 250-17x at 25 yards on a USBR target, and the day after that, on the day I mailed in my registration form for the IR50/50 Nationals, I shot a 250-15x during our regular Tue. afternoon 50/50 practice session! WooooHooooo I had high hopes of finally breaking 30 at the Wed. night Silhouette match I run, but only managed a 28. Oh well
Sorry for the overly exuberant post, but I'm sure some of you know what it's like to be in a slump, and finally have things come back around I just hope that this week wasn't a fluke

Speaking of the Nationals...I know Ken Henderson is going. Anybody else? Kent? Gary? I hope to see a bunch of RFC shooters there! I don't even care how I shoot,(well, maybe I care, a little ), I'm just looking forward to seeing some of the best shooters in the country in action!
Old 09-10-2003, 09:08 PM
Tn. Hillbilly
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Todd,
Congratulations on the breakthrough. I can relate to the slump. I shot the worst ever since shooting sanctioned matches this past weekend. If it hadn't been for Gary Mitchell and Paul Campbell, I'd left a day early and slinked back to the house.

I'm not going to make the IR50/50 Nationals. It's a little too far for me to go this year. I have sent in the registration for the RBA Nationals in Summerville. I wish I could make it and shoot with you, Ken, and the others.

I hope you shoot clean on all your targets!

Gary
Old 09-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Antlurz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been in a slump lately too, so I know what you mean about feeling good when You break out.

My excuse is I'm not shooting near enough, I think.. if that can be used as an excuse..

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Marinesg1012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good shooting.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Pinball

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All right gatorade!!!!Um...make that Renegade. Just pulling your chain Todd.Congrats on getting over the hump.It can be one tough hill to climb.Now that you know what it takes and know you can do it,don't be too hard on yourself when you don't .Good job.
M.C.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:22 PM
JL

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Way to go Todd! I havn't done worth a dam at 50 for quite a spell. Matter of fact I've had to work my butt off to get a decent score at 25.........

Congrats Dude! JL
Old 09-10-2003, 10:24 PM
Sailor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations on the great scores and on breaking out of your slump! There are a lot of us who would love to shoot your slump scores, though. Everything is relative! Way to go.

Mike
Old 09-10-2003, 10:37 PM
graybeard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Renegade
Congrats on the 240+. I think all shooters have hit the "slump" at some time. It is not fun and nothing you do or don't do seems to help get the scores back up. Now you will want more of them and the fun starts over, a 239 is just not good enough in your mind. HA HA

Jim
Old 09-11-2003, 06:59 AM
chundoo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations! I'm still looking for a day when I can record a 230 and when I do I'll feel about like you. Then after I do it a second time I can start the quest for 240.

Great shooting!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Tenspot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tenspot
Great Todd! Now you'll expect it every time!!!

I am also in search of a 240 @ 50yds, 50 really seperates the men from the boys on that little green monster. It is amazing how fast a good score can turn south!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:22 PM
ohioruger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Way to go Renegade. Great Shooting. I thought it would be easy after shooting good scores at 25 yards but after trying at 50 yards I can see it is quite an accomplishment and I have plenty of room for improvement ohioruger
Old 09-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Renegade

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks Guys,
I hope you all achieve your goals, too! And my hat is off to those guys who shoot mid to high 240's all the time. It was tough enough to get a 241, I can't imagine shooting a 248 on the little green monster

I hate to even think what it's cost me, in equipment, range time, and ammo to get to 240. I got lucky with the Suhl, I traded a nicely customized 10/22 and $500 for it. I'de still be hovering around 225, shooting my other 10/22, if Harry hadn't liked the look of the Turner Custom stock on that other Clacker, and decided to take it in trade. Thanks Harry And thanks to the folks that I've bought a bunch of good used equipment to shoot it off, and over (wind flags), too!

Gary, sorry to hear you won't be at Leetown. Summerville is South Carolina, right? If things go right, I'd like to take a trip south during the winter, to do some shooting. Maybe I'll catch up with you then. Good luck at the RBA Nat. !
Old 09-11-2003, 08:57 PM
TangoTwo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Todd,

Congrats on the score. You going to let Ali try to beat you? If you go south this winter go to the Tuckertown barn. It's RBA and if you time it right they shoot unlimited on Sat. and a three gun match on Sun. At least I hope they do that this winter. I would like to make that trip again myself. Did meet Forester there.

Ken