Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 PM
kitash
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pick View Post
I have a question for all you experienced YoDaver's. I put the black shim in my new Lux and thought I had it just right. But here's the deal. 9 out of 10 times there is zero creep and it breaks beautifully. But 1 time out of 10 it will have a little creep. Kind of throws you off when it happens. What should I do? Will going up to the red shim fix it? It's so perfect those 9 other times....
My two cents says just shoot it for a while...either dry fire or live ammo and see if the problem "smoothes" itself out. If it's great 90% of the time now you may find that increasing the shim diameter makes it "not" fine at all. If the problem doesn't go away a little abrasive paste rubbing on the sear area might remove a miniscule high spot, but I'd do that as a last resort or turn it over to a seasoned gunsmith.

Remember...free advice is worth just what you paid.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 PM
OKShooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
I have a question for all you experienced YoDaver's. I put the black shim in my new Lux and thought I had it just right. But here's the deal. 9 out of 10 times there is zero creep and it breaks beautifully. But 1 time out of 10 it will have a little creep. Kind of throws you off when it happens. What should I do? Will going up to the red shim fix it? It's so perfect those 9 other times....
I would probably shoot it for a while, since it is brand new. It might take a while to settle in and become more consistant. I think that it will improve with time.

Edit: Kitash beat me to it... What he said.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Mr. Pick

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKShooter View Post
I would probably shoot it for a while, since it is brand new. It might take a while to settle in and become more consistant. I think that it will improve with time.

Edit: Kitash beat me to it... What he said.
Well nothing like having a second opinion. Thanks guys. I'll shoot it a while and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Kill The Rabbit

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where can I purchase the YoDave kit? It is no longer on ebay.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Mr. Pick

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Here ya go...

http://cgi.ebay.com/CZ-452-455-and-B...item255e7229b4
Old 11-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Kill The Rabbit

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Thanks!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:14 AM
fabpeter

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A striker spring is a good thing to add to your list too!!

Peter.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
huntstat

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
OK shooter you done good (as they would say in OK). After having just completed a YoDave trigger job, I might add that if you use a little steel wool on that back pin and then put just a smidgen of gun grease on it the world is a much better place as you experiment with the various springs. But then, it may just be the rifle I was working on. Perhaps everyone elses back pin jumps in the hole.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Boomer...

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Another interesting an informative CZ thread - especially for new owners like me! My Scout's action is out of its stock while waiting on replacement wood from CZ-USA, so it was a good time to evaluate how much creep mine has. Well, none that I can feel or see viewing in good lighting using the method OKShooter outlined in the initial post. It has solid trigger/sear engagement when cocked, then releases with a crisp "click" without take-up slop. I don't have a gauge to measure trigger pull weight, but it feels good as-is. I didn't get a chance to shoot it before the stock blemish and replacement request arose. Looks like I'll wait to get it back together and see how well it functions "out of the box". I just now ordered J&P action and wood screws with $$ intended for a YoDave kit!

Last edited by Boomer...; 01-23-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Ordered J&P screws!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
9 fingers

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
OKShooter, I don't remember if I ever thanked you for this most superbly done posting on the Yo Dave installation. It made it a piece of cake to do 3 of my CZ's and my buddies Trainer. Thanks for taking the time to show this as clearly as you did.
9 fingers
Old 01-23-2011, 08:15 PM
OKShooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Your very welcome, and I appreciate the compliments. It was simply an effort to return a little to the collective body of information on this site. I have certainly benefited greatly from the information posted here by others. Not to mention, I enjoyed putting it together.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Ralph Spoilsport

TPC Rating: 
88% (6)
I hope you don't mind...

Your pictures were really helpful to me but I found that I needed to lighten them up to get a better view. Lightening them especially helped seeing where some of the black lines pointed in the darker areas.

I've re-posted them here for easier viewing and to help fellow ward members.

If you're offended by my messing around with your pics I'll gladly take them down...

Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Wolfen
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Many Thanks

First to OKShooter for the Original Post and to Spoilsport for Enhancing the photo's so I and others could see OKShooter's outstanding work.

Thanks again Guys

Wolfen
Old 02-09-2011, 11:21 PM
_CY_

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thanks for sharing... looks like yodave's kit is cheap and much easier than scrounging up your own springs

OKshooter... I'm in Tulsa... where are you in OK?

Last edited by _CY_; 02-10-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Fuzzy Limey
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Send a message via Yahoo to Fuzzy Limey
Keeping up the good work .... !

Glad to see that others have picked up on ... and re-introduced ... much of the early development/improvement efforts of myself and Dr Nick Panisuan of many years ago. Although, myself, having been a BRNO/CZ afficionado since the early post-WW2 days, and now being in my mid-80's, and having long ago disposed of most of my collection, I still retain my much modified "Old Faithful" - one of the early 452 Lux's imported into the USA, and a somewhat newer Varminter ... both in .22LR. Mostly used for plinking and varmint chasing at my ridgetop cabin .... although I did attend and shoot in a recent CRC Prone match for old times sake .... first one in several years following several spinal and knee replacement surgeries.

I note in several links on the Forum that my old Chattanooga Rifle Club site giving some of the rudimentary info is still listed .... this site was abandoned quite a few years ago when I retired from Directorship of the Club. Some of the old info can still be found on my personal web domain at ...

http://fuzzylimey.net/fuzzyade

Regards,
Mick - The Fuzzy Limey