Originally Posted by yodave View Post
I posted the install once
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=285954
Old 04-02-2010, 11:23 AM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Well, I've installed 4 or 5 of these things, and this is a great post. I keep learning. Maybe on my next one I'll do it right.

That's a testimony to the CZ trigger and durability of the parts. Unless you just go all out beating on the doggone thing, the trigger is pretty durable and forgiving.

Love the pics on this thread, Yodave's original, and the pics of the Lux wood here is fantastic!
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 01:24 PM
OKShooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thanks TB, and thanks again for the nice comments everyone.

My intent, when posting this thread, was not to "reteach" those that have successfully installed the YoDave kit. People develop different techniques to do a job, and that's great.

I just wanted to take away any "fear of the unknown" for first time installers. It really is easier than you think, especially if you have a roadmap to help you get to where you are going.

Not to mention, it was fun to do.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:59 PM
2fewdaysafield
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I just want to thank OKShooter...Never done anything like this before. Always been a "buy it and shoot it. sell if it you don't like it" kind of guy, but with a new 452 (first CZ rimfire, not first CZ) on its way to me I was really dreading tackling this. You've taken a lot of the fear of the unknown out of this for me

Thank you!

Best....2few
Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Tinmanic
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks to yodave and OKShooter, and everyone else that has vouched for this cheap, easy, and effective modification. I ordered my first kit today!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:03 PM
stevo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hi All, I a newbie here, I been doing a lot of reading on this forum of late. I love all of your valuable input.

I have a 452 22wmr, and a 17hmr on the way.

I have also ordered a Yodave trigger kit aswell, its on its way.

I would like to know which spring in the kit, you have settled on. I know its personal choice. but I would love to hear your preferences .

kind regards Stevo.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Not trying to evade but the answer will depend on what you're planning on doing with the rifle and also what sort of sear engagement/pre-existing condition of several parts of the rifle, etc. Not a simple 1-2-3-4 answer I'm afraid.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 PM
OKShooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
I have also ordered a Yodave trigger kit aswell, its on its way.

I would like to know which spring in the kit, you have settled on. I know its personal choice. but I would love to hear your preferences .

kind regards Stevo.
I find that my favorite is usually one spring lighter than the strongest spring. That would be #3, if #1 is the lightest and #4 is the strongest. If you shoot strictly benchrest, then you might prefer one of the lighter springs.

Usually a safe trigger is a balance between creep reduction and trigger pull weight. If you try and remove every shred of creep, you may need a stronger spring to keep it safe. If you leave in a little more sear engagement, you can safely go with a lighter spring. Again, just make sure you perform the bump test, and cycle the bolt to determine if you have a safe trigger. Better safe than sorry.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
stevo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
hmmm, I was hoping to avoid putting in the shim aswell, I guess I'll have to experiment.

I will also employ the rubber mallet trick as well.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:04 PM
2fewdaysafield
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Not trying to evade but the answer will depend on what you're planning on doing with the rifle and also what sort of sear engagement/pre-existing condition of several parts of the rifle, etc. Not a simple 1-2-3-4 answer I'm afraid.
This "musical avatars" is making my head spin!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:41 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fewdaysafield View Post
This "musical avatars" is making my head spin!
Confusing ain't it.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:05 AM
jv431

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKShooter View Post
Thanks TB, and thanks again for the nice comments everyone.

My intent, when posting this thread, was not to "reteach" those that have successfully installed the YoDave kit. People develop different techniques to do a job, and that's great.

I just wanted to take away any "fear of the unknown" for first time installers. It really is easier than you think, especially if you have a roadmap to help you get to where you are going.

Not to mention, it was fun to do.
OKShooter that is one of the most detailed well put together posts that I have personally read. You did a great job and I truly thank you for all your time and work. Thank you very much. I almost feel like I need to pay you. You took out all the guess work that you possibly could. Man what a great post to teach a dummy like me. I was scared to mess up a $450.00 rifle, but you got me over it.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 AM
jv431

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I installed the YoDave kit in my brother's 452 America 17HMR today. It was as easy as it could be. I used the second from the lightest spring and blue shim tube for the creep. Put it all together. It looked like it had a lot more than 40 thousands of engagement but during the bump test it fired two times. It never would fire while slamming the bolt closed. So I took it apart and replaced the spring with the next from the heaviest. Left the blue shim in for the creep. It is perfect with hardly no creep and the trigger breaks I would guess around 1 3/4lbs. Thanks again everyone for the information of how this is done. Thanks again OKShooter for all your work and knowledge.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:55 AM
stevo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just Got my Yodave Kit in the mail Today, guess what I'll be doing tonight?

Woo hoo!!!