Intensity scope and mount on a Henry lever action .17 HMR? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 AM
bbtaco

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Intensity scope and mount on a Henry lever action .17 HMR?

Is it best to use the cantilever mount? Would the Intensity 4-12 AO be a good scope on this gun? Which rings would I need to mount a 1" scope?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Shaylex
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For my tastes, the cantilever mount on my Henry Varmint Special sat too high to allow me to get the scope down low enough so as to be comfortable. I ended up removing the cantilever mount altogether and using tip-off mounts to mount my scope directly to the grooved receiver. YMMV
Old 11-04-2009, 07:37 PM
bbtaco

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylex View Post
For my tastes, the cantilever mount on my Henry Varmint Special sat too high to allow me to get the scope down low enough so as to be comfortable. I ended up removing the cantilever mount altogether and using tip-off mounts to mount my scope directly to the grooved receiver. YMMV
What scope and mounts do you have on your Henry? Can you post a pic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Shaylex
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtaco View Post
What scope and mounts do you have on your Henry? Can you post a pic?
It's currently wearing a 3-9x40 Nikon Buckmaster mounted with some cheap tip-off rings that I pulled from my spare parts. I will be happy to post a pic for you but won't be able to for a few days.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 AM
vetsvette
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
I'm using the cantilever mount on mine. I've got a Leupold 3-9X40 with medium weaver rings. Works like a champ for me and the gloss finish on the scope is a bonus.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:48 PM
bnashlund

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Henry with Bushnell 4200 Elite

Here's a link to a picture I posted of my Henry with the Bushnell 4200 red dot.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...&postcount=163

I have been out a few times now and have decided that I'm "under-scoped" and to top it off, the scope sits high with the cantilever mount that sits on top, so it's a radical adjustment from 50yd to 100yd.

The trade-offs I have are these:

If I go with a larger scope, I will need to keep the cantilever to keep the height to keep the scope off the barrel.

I'd like to lower my scope, but I'm still not sure that my scope gives me the distance I really want to shoot. At 100yd, the X covers the entire bulls eye on a standard target. I'm still shooting in a 2" group, but that is because I can't get enough distance out of the scope to resolve the X clearly in the bulls eye.

Right below the picture in the post, I also posted my 1st 100yd target using Hornaday V-Max rounds.

My scope is the Bushnell 4200 Elite Red Dot model 421424M

1.5-4x with a 24mm tube. The dot is a 1MOA.

For varmints and critters, this thing is awesome. Especially in low light. I can put the red dot on a rat quickly, and say goodbye to it.

For target shooting, the 4x is a bit weak.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
mattri

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm shooting a 4-16x40 with mildots on my 93. I like the higher power for target shooting and the lower power for hunting.