Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Rimfire-Raptor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Its the best I could do. You can't see the front swivel too well, but its there. and the bolt is black although you might not be able to see it. I'll try and get some better pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Sunnygun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Old 01-17-2009, 09:10 PM
.22Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is a beauty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
The Poolman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Heres my 597 wearing its brand new Boyds stock. The folks at DM were great to deal with.

Before

After

Last edited by The Poolman; 01-20-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Rimfire-Raptor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
finally

I got some good pictures of the 597, and a few of the range. All of the shots including the can are five shot groups.

The "Range" In case your wondering it's just over 200 feet to the targets...I think

"Range" closeup

The target on the left is supported standing, on right off-hand

First shots today, I think the top left one was a first round flyer, or the result of the bullet going down a cold (30 degrees) barrel. They are form a supported standing position.

These are from off-hand, same distance

You all might be wondering about the can, it was the same distance and from off-hand. The reason is it makes a great target for practicing for groundhogs. They don't come out till spring, but the can is about as big as the head/neck area of a G-hog and makes for good practice. The hogs are a huge nuisance on the farm, cows step in the holes they dig and break their legs. But they make for great shooting!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 AM
.22Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poolman View Post
Heres my 597 wearing its brand new Boyds stock. The folks at DM were great to deal with.

Before

After
That is so beautiful it can make a grown man cry! How was your stock when fitting it on? Was it truly a drop in part like they say or did yours require some tooling to get it right? I have their site bookmarked so that I can buy from them sometime. You and AL are the only ones to my knowledge whom have bought from them.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:59 PM
The Poolman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
That is so beautiful it can make a grown man cry! How was your stock when fitting it on? Was it truly a drop in part like they say or did yours require some tooling to get it right? I have their site bookmarked so that I can buy from them sometime. You and AL are the only ones to my knowledge whom have bought from them.
It was an easy install. took about an hour. I had to make 2 spacers, to place where the bolts fit up in the stock, or else the bolts would bottom out. The barrel and action fits snug in the stock, but I think floating the barrel would be a breeze with a dowel, sand paper and some patience.

I think Remington has bolt spacers available as a kit. Its not easy to get some stuff up here in Canada.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poolman View Post
It was an easy install. took about an hour. I had to make 2 spacers, to place where the bolts fit up in the stock, or else the bolts would bottom out. The barrel and action fits snug in the stock, but I think floating the barrel would be a breeze with a dowel, sand paper and some patience.

I think Remington has bolt spacers available as a kit. Its not easy to get some stuff up here in Canada.
Spacers cost $2.50 a piece but the shipping is $10 which I believe is a minimum fee. Not positive but I don't think any of the stocks came with spacers. My 2 didn't plus quite few others didn't also. Couple of black washers will take care of it.
Looks great Poolman.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:01 PM
dahondaboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
this is a 597 that i got from a pawn shop, it had a broken grey stock on it and a damaged barrel tip, i had a really nice stock
that had been opened up too much for a 700 bdl and they cracked it right in the middle. so i cut it in half and fitted it
to the rear receiver with a stud i added. and i added a stud to the barrel to attatch the foregrip.
i polished the barrel but due to its being tweaked i had to remove alot of it only leaving 11 inches of barrel.
to be legal you must have 16' so i made a long flash hider to give it some length now it is at 16-1/4"
it also has a vq extractor and hammer. i have a crap camera so the pics dont do it justice.
it does have all the feeding problems common to 597 unless i shoot cci stingers, with them i have never
not once had a ftf or stovepipe ever,ever.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
crittergitter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's my poodle shooter. Rem 597 LS Magnum. 17 HMR. Nikon 4.5x14 mil dot AO on top. Polished guide rods. Free floated barrel, bedded action, overtravel screw. Waiting on hammer and extractor from VQ. Not that it really needs it, but what the hell.

Last edited by crittergitter; 01-30-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 01-30-2009, 08:22 PM
milotalon
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is my 597:

And the family photo:

Old 01-31-2009, 01:32 AM
TonyA

TPC Rating: 
100% (64)
Nice looking family you have there. What caliber is the Model 99?

Tony
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 AM
milotalon
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyA View Post
Nice looking family you have there. What caliber is the Model 99?

Tony
Thank you Tony. It is a .300 Savage.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:45 AM
TonyA

TPC Rating: 
100% (64)
That's a real classic. Always loved those rifles but have never had an opportunity to buy one. A friend has a lightweight in .308 but have never been able to talk him into selling it to me. Maybe someday I'll find one in good condition.

Tony
Old 02-07-2009, 07:07 PM
RISC777
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to RISC777
Paint, VQ hammer
Bipod, trigger shoe
Sling, Brunton 3.5-12x50