Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Cletus Hungwell is terminally ill

This might have been the right forum, but I am placing this post just to link you to another in the Open Rimfire forum so that every person that visits RFC.com may see it. Cletus will be with us only a few more days. Read the other thread and make your offerings to one of the best danged RFC.com members there has ever been.

Mark P.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=245384
Old 11-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Cletus Hungwell is terminally ill

This might have been the right forum, but I am placing this post just to link you to another in the Open Rimfire forum so that every person that visits RFC.com may see it. Cletus will be with us only a few more days. Read the other thread and make your offerings to one of the best danged RFC.com members there has ever been.

Mark P.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=245384
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Don Hanson
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I am very sorry to hear this. Been following Cletus's ramblings for sometime now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Don Hanson

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Very sorry to hear this. He will be greatly missed....
Old 11-13-2008, 09:34 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I am praying for him.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 AM
THE GUNHAWK

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Exclamation A fine gentleman

I am not amazed at the out pouring of"Best wishes" and "Our prayers are with you" because knowing him or speaking with him, you find out he is a straight shooter and a fine gentleman. His knowledge, expertise and friendlyness will be sorely missed. He made my journey on these threads a little more sure footed and pleasant by his kind words. We all lose a part of our humanity when kind souls depart from us. His family has my prayers. When you get to where we all wish to be, make sure the range will be open. I would be proud to sit at the shooting bench next to you. David
Old 11-13-2008, 10:14 AM
SimonFencer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to SimonFencer
Thanks Mark.

Prayers to Cletus and his family.

Paul
Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 AM
JetGirl

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
Domit, I am going to post a couple of threads in other forums linking to here just to make sure everyone hears about it.

Cletus' real name is Rusty Voeckman. He is a musician. An artist. A machinist. A holster maker. A knife maker. A gun plumber. A Hunter. A Father and family man. He is one of the true nice guys here that would never consider anything other than sharing anything he had learned or figured out with everyone here.

He would no more keep an idea secret or think about making money off of it as he would harming his family. He has a great sense of humor and a great sense of right and wrong. Cletus and I shared many PM's, emails and phone calls. Though we never met I told him often that I thought of him as a friend. That was his doing...he was ever approachable.

He shared with me earlier this year that he was in a bad way and unless there was some miracle he didn't expect to live through the end of the year. Apparently his time has come and I am heartbroken. Knowing he is going to a better place only helps a little... grief is such a personal and selfish thing. Why would we want him to stay here when he can be at the feet of his Savior?

I have sent a card, letter and a picture of myself to Rusty so that before he goes he will be able to face to the name. Something comforting in that. I hope that everyone who knew him and even those that didn't will take a few minutes to do the same within the next day. After that he may not be able to smile at them any longer.

Keep him and his family and close friends in your prayers. I will miss him deeply and he will be spoken of with kindness, wit and reverence here at RFC for ever more. 'Cause the first SOB that bad mouths him is gonna answer to me.

Mark Potter
Tomball, TX
Markbo...check your PM box.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Rtmchuck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My thoughts are with him and his family, he will be missed here.............

Chuck
Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
spurs101
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My thoughts and prayers for Cletus and his family. Peace be with you Cletus. Rejoice in the life that the Lord has given you.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:32 AM
blkwollf

TPC Rating: 
95% (52)
God Bless And Many Prayers !!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 AM
THE GUNHAWK

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Unhappy No wrong forum.........

Markbo, there is NO WRONG forum to inform those of us who didn't know of his grave illness. Those that did know, did not disclose it as it wasn't their call to make and did so out of respect for the mans privacy. He always had kind words for me and I often dipped my bucket into his well of knowledge. He will be remembered most kindly. I know I will remember him so.......

David
Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM
rampart

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
So sorry to hear this...

...my thoughts are with him and his family...
Old 11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
showme 22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Prayers of comfort for Cletus and his Family
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Sarcastech

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have not had any interaction with Cletus, but I have gain knowledge from his boutiful wealth. Thanks for such selfless sharing. Cletus, you and family are in my prayers......and for the rest of us, instead of being sad at our loss of Cletus, rejoyce in all his accomplishments, all he has done and what he has brought to RFC and the rest of people touched by his life.