Pics Of The Tapco's! - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 PM
txdude321

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

yeah i think the angled one works better actually i have no problems with it and i can rest my cheek on it just as if it were straight and in my opinion it gives me better eye relief
Old 09-03-2008, 11:53 PM
jimguy100

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hey guys, great job on all! gives me some thought for my 10/22 - Could you post the purpose of the gun in your lineup along with costs and any options that you would include / forego if you made/revised another?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 AM
edwardure
National Guard Veteran Emergency Medical Technician

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

22 Charger
Quad rail
Tapco stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 09:26 AM
txdude321

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimguy100 View Post
hey guys, great job on all! gives me some thought for my 10/22 - Could you post the purpose of the gun in your lineup along with costs and any options that you would include / forego if you made/revised another?
Mine is simply a plinking/fun to shoot gun, It started as a walmart Dsp special $238 before tax, Then I bought the tapco t6 stock $89 dollars before shipping ect, My vertical grip $10, my bipod $20, my scope (cheapo walmart one) was $30, basically for under $500 you can have a decent tapco gun, even cheaper if u already have a 10/22 to start with.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:02 PM
iNeXile
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimguy100 View Post
This is just a plinker for me. Built just for kicks, because I can, and the look on peoples faces at the range. After a resent self imposed exile from Califonia resulting from their attempt to redefine my second amendment rights I can't wait to put together some more "assault rifles". LOL

A lot of my ideas are from this forum. This is a great place for information from some of the Masters in the field. Thanks RFC!

1981 1022 carbine - FREE!!(gotta love that!)
Tapco T6 stock - $89.
UTG quad rail - $39.
FAB TAL4 Foregrip - $25.
TI 25 composite mag. - $35.
Skeeter Matte Black Parts Kit $69. (charging handle, mag release, trigger)(haven't installed the trigger yet)
Kidd bolt buffer - $5.
Harris clone Rock Ridge bipod - $40.
KZ bipod adapter - $15.
KZ offset flashlight mount - $20.
Coast 80 luman led light - $30.
Eagle barrel shroud - $30. I believe Eagle went out of biz. found it at a gun show.

The AR carry handle is from one of my ARs, but they cost around $20 or so.
The red dot I got at a gun show for $30. It's cheap but has held up good and actually has a great picture sighting down through the handle.

The innards are all smoothed and polished. The barrel is basically stock (for the moment). I may go for a shorty with a can but that will about double + the cost with tax stamps and all. But for now I'm just having fun!

My total investment is $447.

Great cheep fun!

I also have a stock(mostly) 1022 for squirrels. (Mmmmmmm squirrel.)

Last edited by iNeXile; 09-08-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Don't know why but my picture vanashed...reloaded
Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Quickoz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to Quickoz
Thats a nice ultimate you have there mate, i though it was a AR for a sec!!!! Does it shoot well though??
Old 09-05-2008, 02:30 PM
joey3000

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile

My buddy one day told me to google a GSG-5, and from that day on I wanted one. But then I started googling other options and came accross this website with this thread and went out the next day and got this:

Ready to hit the range:

I love this gun its alot of fun to shoot. The gun was cheap the ammo is cheap, its a win win I also wanted to send out a thanks to those on this site for posting pictures of there Tapco's and saving me $200 from a GSG and getting a better gun. You guys rock!

Im a noob when it comes to shooting and stuff, i dont know about groups/grouping or whatever, but I did take this with my phone, this was at 30 yards I belive, it was the farthest back the target would go at the indoor range I went to. The scope is a 4x and to be honest I wasent trying my absolute hardest to hit every single shot but it was the best group I did i suppose.

Last edited by joey3000; 09-05-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Low budget dude

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took this:

and put 20 rounds of Fed AM22 in it. I shot from the same distance (approx 25yd) off hand as I shoot my Rem 514. Also no glass on it so open sights.

Was shooting at aluminum cans.

Hit ZERO.

Of course I've never "patterned" it on paper.

My guess from the hits on the back stop is that I was high. It also seems to have spread shots around at least as bad as when it was in the wood stock.

I've got some work to do on paper fer sure!

COULD just be me however. Didn't do all that hot with the 514 and CCI CB Longs after the 10/22.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
ilove22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
Wow!

Ya'll got some some tuff-looking Tapcos here.

...might as well show my two:

This one has a GM 17" SS "heavy-taper" bbl., B&L Elite 3000 3-9x40 w/ BC flips and parallax adjusted to 35 yds., VQ "seconds" hammer and other internal work, <2 lb. trigger.... sweet little .22.

This one has a GM 16.5" fluted .17 HM2 bbl., Leu 4x RF scope, and the usual (and some necessary for the 17) internal mods... barks over here, bites 'way over yonder.

Keep the tapco pix coming guys.... the "military" look is startin' to grow on me!
Hoe does that 17" barrel shoot for you? Been thinking about getting one for my tapco..
Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Silens
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just finished wrapping my tapco. I used McNett Camo Form ACU wrap.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
F117Aguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silens View Post
I just finished wrapping my tapco. I used McNett Camo Form ACU wrap.

Looks good, makes me wonder why Tapco doesn't offer the ACU camo on the T-6 for the 10/22. They offer it on the T-6 for the SKS!!!!!

I need a simple bipod like that too.. where did ya get it?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Silens
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BIPOD102-1.html

I got the bipod from here.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
iNeXile
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickoz View Post
Thats a nice ultimate you have there mate, i though it was a AR for a sec!!!! Does it shoot well though??
Hey Quickoz,

Sorry about the late reply. Thanks for the compliments. Its a blast to shoot.

It shoots as good as expected from a stock barrel. I can hit all the cans I want at 50 yards.
On paper about 2 inches at the same distance. I have a Volquartsen wuzzle weighted black finish SS Barrel back ordered that should really tighten it up.

I'm thinking about the Tactical Solutions SBX Barrel with a matching suppressor but that will add about $650 (barrel. can and stamp)to the build cost for a total cost of around $1100 and that is real hard to justify for a 10/22. I have ARs that I've built for much less that would still shoot circles around it.

But I do have the sickness so only time will tell....

Cheers,
Denny
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 PM
bluesboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo loco View Post
Here's a pic of mine.

Laters
Am i the only one to notice you have a shell casing for the extended mag release ?? BTW is that a 9mm or.45.

Found a deal on ebay, tapco stock for only $65 + $10 shipping. So i ended ordering:
Simmons red dot scope
2 25 rds hot lips
1 50 rds ramline banana (i know, but can't resist)
a brick of aquila interceptor (had good results w/ velocitor but this one has higher velocity)
Also a cheap grip pod (forward grip with small bipods inside)

hopefully i'll get it by the 17th. Can't wait
Old 09-14-2008, 11:35 AM
gringo loco
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesboy View Post
Am i the only one to notice you have a shell casing for the extended mag release ?? BTW is that a 9mm or.45.
Its a .45 shell casing. I drilled the mag release and put in a screw, then I wrapped the shell casing in masking tape and filled it with JB weld. I taped the mag release and casing together like a vice and let it dry. All in all a 15 min job with 1 day for drying of the JB Weld.