PIC's RB Precision Evolution Setups - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:44 AM
sorcerror

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

got to love that sbx barrel. does it work well? does it have a thread protector? what ammo have you used in it?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:52 AM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to chrismetallica1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rill View Post
Here's mine. I was lucky to get one of the last Evo's before they went out of production. I like them more plain than most.

Rill,
It looks superb m8. I like the SBX barrel. It gives it a nice look. Plus the trijicon ACOG aswell very nice

Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Walker
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Looks real nice, I like the simplicity. How do you like the SBX and ACOG?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
rill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess by "plain" I meant that I didn't want alot of tactical stuff hanging off everywhere.
The ACOG is probably overkill for a .22, but you only live once and I can always switch it to my 9mm AR. It really is a nice piece of equipment.
The SBX is the perfect solution for not having to SBR a 10/22. With the Evo stock, I'm not sure where you could engrave the receiver and have it visable per the law--- maybe the top?
This build has worked out really well. The only original Ruger parts are the receiver and the two pins that hold the trigger group in. It will shoot .5" groups all day long at 50 yds. from a bench and 1" offhand. I use CCI std. vel. for all my suppressed .22 guns, but maybe I could tighten the groups with some fancy target ammo.

I am excited to see the new Evo stock. Has anyone seen any pics? Are there any changes?
Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to chrismetallica1
I dont know if there are any changes. It will be a while before the first ones hit the UK. I will order one anyway just to see if its diffrent. The misses was looking for a new stock so might go for a light weight in rifle in an evo stock for her
Old 01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
rugmar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Personally, I'm a lttle skecptical of RB Precision.

First they have tons of people who are waiting to get their Evolution stock. Next they say they are having production problems and are not taking any more orders. Now, even though their website still says they are not taking orders, people here are talking about how many people are "inline" waiting on one and speculating on how many months it would take to get one.

Two and a half months ago, their goal was to be shipping before Christmas. Maybe that was Christmas 2008? I have my doubts this mess will ever be fixed. Someone here said to give them a call and "let them know you're interested". I say, if they are taking even more orders, on the sly, while their website says plainly that they are not, then I don't really know if I want to do buisness with them anyway.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:08 AM
druid318
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmar View Post

First they have tons of people who are waiting to get their Evolution stock. Next they say they are having production problems and are not taking any more orders. Now, even though their website still says they are not taking orders, people here are talking about how many people are "inline" waiting on one and speculating on how many months it would take to get one.

Two and a half months ago, their goal was to be shipping before Christmas. Maybe that was Christmas 2008? I have my doubts this mess will ever be fixed. Someone here said to give them a call and "let them know you're interested". I say, if they are taking even more orders, on the sly, while their website says plainly that they are not, then I don't really know if I want to do buisness with them anyway.
I agree somewhat. Seems a bit odd to be taking orders over the phone, while the website plainly says they are not even producing them yet. I sure hope they get them up and going again though, the available options for tactical stocks all seem to be junk plastic type setups from most of the other vendors.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Beckett72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
You're only skeptical, because you lack information!
RB Precision specializes in AR15's, and all things related to AR15's, primarily!

Robert, the owner of RB Precision, designed and invented the Evolution stock, because of his passion for the AR15 rifle, and the need for a high quality alternative stock for 10/22's!

The backorders are a result of other manufacturing companies that couldn't deliver quality or service that Robert expected, because they were already overwhelmed with their own products and projects!

Now that he has his own CNC machine, he won't have to depend on those other companies to manufacture his own products, so the quality should be more precise, for his own requirements, and more importantly, for his customer satisfaction!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:21 AM
rugmar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckett72 View Post
You're only skeptical, because you lack information!

I know exactly what RB Precision does. I know the Evoloution stock is only a small part of it. So any information I "lack" is purely the fault of........RB Precision. You guys are saying there is a list of people waiting and anyone who wants one better get on that list by calling. Their website says they will let us know when they are ready to except orders. Which one is it?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
rill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think the pre orders are not from individuals, but from companies like Brownells etc.

When I was desperately trying to get mine at the beginning of '07, I kept calling RB and they finally admitted that Brownells had an order in for 50 Evo's and they would be filling that order before any others. I immediately got on the back order list at Brownells ( there were about thirty people ahead of me) and sweated it for about 2-3 months until finally I got the email saying it was shipping.

I would call RB and see if this is what is happening again. If it is, get on the Brownells back order list ASAP!

I would like to see some sort of front cover for .920 barrels. I think that would really clean up the look. I guess I could have something machined.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:18 PM
AGJ223

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rill View Post
Here's mine. I was lucky to get one of the last Evo's before they went out of production. I like them more plain than most.

Very nice,looks great
Old 01-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Beckett72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I know exactly what RB Precision does. I know the Evoloution stock is only a small part of it. So any information I "lack" is purely the fault of........RB Precision. You guys are saying there is a list of people waiting and anyone who wants one better get on that list by calling. Their website says they will let us know when they are ready to except orders. Which one is it?
Instead of asking the people who don't have the answer to your question, maybe you should contact the people who do: RB Precision!

They have a phone, and an email address, you'll get an answer one way or another!
Old 01-27-2008, 01:43 PM
RB Precision

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Evolution..."revolution"

The Evolutions are now in full production, we were tired of the lame excuses from machine shops on delivery, the finish we require was not up to our standards so we took the shops out of the process.

We purchased a brand new Haas verticle machine center and another lathe..these evolutions are thicker on the sides, have a more uniform profile on the end, radiused(sic) ejection port area that follows the receiver lines. The trigger filler piece is an upgraded hidden design (no more pin holes) for a more streamlined look. We purchased 3 grand worth of blasting cabinets and black beauty media. We changed the side ball mill (at the front grip area) to a trick pattern, and scalloped and smoothed most of the machine cuts.

The biggest improvement is the ability to receive the VQ trigger packs.

I will not bore you with the unbelievable BS it takes to get a power company to get off their %%% and install a transformer (to the tune of $3,000) or the delay in getting a machine delivered but I feel the products will be worth it......

I have sixty pieces of the main body completed and being sandblasted, 200 more units are in the first operation. We have pleanty of projects in the Area 51 skunkworks of RB but will not rest untill every Evo order is filled and pleanty are in stock (then on to our billet ar lowers) Thank you for the support and patience. Anyone on the list who has stuck by us will receive discounts on rails/etc... more on that to follow....

Our obsessions started with .22's at age four and we have some surprises in store....

Thank you
Robert and Krista
Web: www.rbprecision.com
EMAIL: [email protected]
309-534-8175
Old 01-27-2008, 03:26 PM
zomer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
whos the Canadian distributor for these?
Do you have one yet?
I hope we Canucks dont get price gouged since our dollar is par with US.
Oh just checked the Canadian dist and its $60 more . $259 plus tax and shipping.

Last edited by zomer; 01-27-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
rugmar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So if a person orders one of these from your website, say early this week, what would be the estimated delivery time?