Old 01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Beckett72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyh2o View Post
hey guys

any idea what your rifles weigh in at? just curious...
Just weighed mine, yesterday, at 5 lbs, with ACE skeleton stock (not Magpul PRS, as in pic).
Old 01-18-2008, 05:54 PM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to chrismetallica1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Walker View Post
90-120 days before they are sent out according to RB Precision and their are several folks on the list.

Here is mine:

Morgan, You have got the right Idea. I got the Evolution Chassie and have put a magpull PRS Gen 2 on with a DPMS panther target grip. I sorted the full legnth scout rail and have put the 7" rails on the others. I orderd an Eotech 552 and have got all the GG&G bits to trick it out. Not decided on what bits im putting in the main bit of the rifle. By the way are the back up iorn sites you are using the YH flip ups? If so what are they like any good?

All the best

Chris
Old 01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Walker
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Those are GG&G spring acuated flip-ups... They are sweet. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Avenger29

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey, I've got a question about the Evo stock...I'm planning to buy one soon.

I'm going to be using the standard aluminum 10/22 rcvr and a GM SS .920 barrel, non fluted. Probably 18-20" length.

How does the Evo stock support the barrel? I don't want to risk damaging my reciever, as I've read on this site that with the heavy barrels you should put a pressure pad or something similar at the forward end of the barrel channel to support the barrel...
Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 AM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger29 View Post
Hey, I've got a question about the Evo stock...I'm planning to buy one soon.

I'm going to be using the standard aluminum 10/22 rcvr and a GM SS .920 barrel, non fluted. Probably 18-20" length.

How does the Evo stock support the barrel? I don't want to risk damaging my reciever, as I've read on this site that with the heavy barrels you should put a pressure pad or something similar at the forward end of the barrel channel to support the barrel...
The barrel Free Folats. It doesnt support it. I havent herd anything about pressure pads or supports with after market barrels. I have just read the info that came with my stock and there is no mention of it in there either. I assume that if a support was needed RB precision would of included one

Last edited by chrismetallica1; 01-20-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 AM
danimal308

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
I disagree no company can foresee every mod you may perform and cant be expected to supply parts to help you.

The receiver is aluminum and was designed to hold a tapered 18" barrel.
A bull barrel the same length weighs almost twice that, you need to support that weight, JMHO.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 AM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal308 View Post
I disagree no company can foresee every mod you may perform and cant be expected to supply parts to help you.

The receiver is aluminum and was designed to hold a tapered 18" barrel.
A bull barrel the same length weighs almost twice that, you need to support that weight, JMHO.
I Suppose. Its just all the ones I hve seen in the UK have had 16.5" TacSol barrels on them. The TacSol Weight is 1 lbs. Im not sure the weight of a Factory standard 18" ruger barrel. It would be intresting to know.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 AM
danimal308

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
The TacSol is an Aluminum bull barrel but the GM is steel so there is a large weight difference there. A steel barrel wont instantly harm the receiver either it would take some time.

Back to the topic... I would really like to see the new EVO stock, I will be ordering as soon as they are available. I have my trigger group ready, one barrel (I still havent decided yet!), CA stock with check piece, foregrip, and sight (I have it but have not decided there either, it just might be my Trilux S.U.I.T.)
Old 01-20-2008, 09:51 AM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal308 View Post
The TacSol is an Aluminum bull barrel but the GM is steel so there is a large weight difference there. A steel barrel wont instantly harm the receiver either it would take some time.

Back to the topic... I would really like to see the new EVO stock, I will be ordering as soon as they are available. I have my trigger group ready, one barrel (I still havent decided yet!), CA stock with check piece, foregrip, and sight (I have it but have not decided there either, it just might be my Trilux S.U.I.T.)
I would quite like to see what the new version is like. I have one of the old ones. Havent completed a build yet. I got the magpull Prs for it and was going to go down the bull barrel route and Kidd trigger group. I had never herd the thing about weights affecting the recver housing. Do you think it will be ok with a TacSol barrel . It weighs 1lb . Do you know what the weight of a normal 18 factory ruger barrel is

Chris
Old 01-20-2008, 12:03 PM
danimal308

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
I dont know the weight but I would think that the Tac Sol would be fine, like a said it would take some time (or abuse) for a steel bull barrel to do damage.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Beckett72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Notice my pics on the previous page, and you will see a Volquartsen Muzzle Weighted Barrel (Very Heavy, Stainless Steel), that is completely Free Floated in the Evo stock.

It never has been an issue, for nearly 2 years now, so there's a highly good chance, it never will be!

MAYBE a longer barrel could cause more leverage to the receiver, but I wouldn't be too concerned, either way, anyway.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:46 PM
sorcerror

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
if you are that concerned just go to your local hardware or plastic store and get some plastic blocks and cut them down to fit between the lower and the barrel. do some research and find something that has a high melt temperature and epoxy it to the lower so it does not move.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:07 PM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cheers for the info. Im guessing it will be fine. When i get round to it I will see hou it is and worst comes to the worst i will bed the barrel in the stock
Old 01-20-2008, 07:28 PM
rill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismetallica1 View Post
Hi All,
Am just looking for inspiration for an Evolution Build. So what have you guys done with your Evo stocks

Here's mine. I was lucky to get one of the last Evo's before they went out of production. I like them more plain than most.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 PM
danimal308

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
RILL! what do you mean by "plain"!? You have an ACOG sight and an SBX barrel! LOL! Looks coolthough, nice rifle!