Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Sharing Info- SuperStock Friends

This thread will be used to keep up with ANYTHING that we are doing outside of normal SuperStock rules. Prefer that we do it with links but we can post stuff too.

I for instance have a new Charles Daly - Zastava bolt that I will be applying a bunch of the things we have learned in SuperStock to it and would love to share it with you guys.....my friends.

We will use this thread for that and all the great things you guys are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 06-05-2007, 09:30 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat
Rico and others,

If you want to feel better about your 10/22 groups hop over here and take a gander at my Savage 17m2 groups today.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=185884
Old 06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
rigger,

yea, i feel better now, LOL, just funnin', but those tupperware stocks can be a pain to accurize. on my factory 10/22 "blurple" had to fill in the forend cavities with bondo. after a bit of sanding, tweaking shot a LOT better.

yea, you will be happier with a wood / lami stock. a lot easier to work with.

BUT, yours did come out looking great with that paint job.

FWIW, my factory stocks shoot better without pillars. seems like the action likes to be compressed into the stock when snugging or using a torquer.

BTW, what torquer did you order? just curious,

rico....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
hay, vincent,

good idea on this thread for "off da wall" stuff, LOL, cuz i dont think anyone here has ONLY 10/22's and is good to read about what other toys you all have, like your zustava............

rico....

Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
or,

how about a "mini wind flag"?

dont know anything about these 'cept right now it- is -a -blowing, LOL,
it is about 2' off the ground, close to the target height at the 50 yarder.

rico....

Old 06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hey like the flag and the range wish I could step out side and shoot when ever I wanted ...and whats this rumor of other rim fires then the 10/22 s you guys are pulling my leg right ?
earth
Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
earth,

LOL, but that pic was taken from "da oasis", a back bedroom i converted to a shooting room so i dont freeze up when it is 0* outside. now i can shoot all year round depending on how bad the flag is blowing, which aint gonna happen today, ha ha ha,

think i will get a taller stake to staple the flag onto, at least as tall as the stop,

dont know about "rumors", but da rigger wanted to post things about his bolt savage M2, so vincent in his wisdom, created this thread for "odd-ball" stuff that dont pertain to the SS 10/22's, like the wind flag. great idea, IMO, just hope it dont snowball into another "other rimmers" stuff....................

rico....

Last edited by RICOCHET; 06-06-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I've been neglecting my .22s in favor of my new (and first) centerfire rifle -- a CZ 527 American chambered in .204 Ruger. She has about 100 rounds or so through her and has settled down to 3/4" groups at 100 yards using factory loaded 40 grain Hornady V-max, with the occasional 1/2" group just to tease me into trying again.

Other than that I've been waiting for the *&^% wind to stop blowing. I'm used to the blustery weather as part of spring, but we are moving into summer and it still hasn't quit! If it ever lets up, or at least slows down, we might be able to get some more dirt moved and start building.

Nice looking range you have there, Rico. You're inspiring me to think about clearning out some brush and putting in a backstop of my own.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yeah Rico, think I'll like the Lami stock better. I didn't have much luck getting the last synthetic to shoot either. Was thinking last night whether you could make a adj bedding system for a bolt like the one for the 10/22. Course my bolts have 2 hold down screws so you would have to change the rear one some how into a cross bolt. Probably wouldn't work very well.

I got a great how-to for bedding the MKII's and 93's from Lukeshoot so when the Lami gets here (supposed to be the 11th) I will try the bedding gig on it. So if any one here gets ready to bed a bolt gun similar to the lami I'll email them the how-to if they want it.

Love the range Rico, going to have to clean up out back and try to set something up like that. Would love to have it were I could shoot 25 or 50 without having to move my target stand. I should see about setting up with 25, 50,75, and 100. Will have to see if I have enough flat to do it or at least enough down hill to.

Also got to make me some of them wind flags. I'm sure with a little practice they would help me just got to quit being so lazy and do it.

Earth,

Yeah got more than just 10/22's. Got 11 other rimmers in all counting the handguns.

Can't help it addicted to rimfire, though the rugers hold a special place.

Sophia,

Very nice looking CZ. I have been wanting a CZ rimfire, here they are a accurate rifle right out of the box.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:17 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
yea, sophia,

cant figure out why you havent done it with all the land you have there and the
dump truck visiting all the time. a load or two and you will have a great stop or two and you can shoot from your porch, save a lot of gas, buy more good ammo, LOL,

nice looking rig ya have. do they really go 4000 fps? 3/4" groups @ 100 are nothing to sneeze at, LOL, IMO, you are doing great

rico....

Last edited by RICOCHET; 06-06-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:28 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
He Rico ,

Had to look it up but it is the one from JT Outfitters, the Utica TS35 Micro-Adjustable Torque Screwdriver.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:34 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
rigger,

have read where on a two take-down screw system, the screws are not equally torqued, cant rem which, but one is less than the other, and may take a bit of xperimenting, only prob may be is the cost of ammo. no such thing as "plinking" ammo when it comes to the .17's or the .22 mag.
and is one reason i gave up on the M2, still have a few NON 10/22's in case i get bored out to 100+ yds, LOL,

rico....

Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well hay rigger,

when you get to try it out, give us a tech report. am still thinking of getting one, as the lever one i am using belongs to my bud.

rico....

Old 06-06-2007, 08:45 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thats not a problem, have you ever known me to keep quiet, LOL.

Think I remember where I read the rear screw is less. Maybe Vincent can tell us for sure.

Figure setting it up to shoot will be expensive to me, but after that I'll have one mean crow rifle, he he. Was mocking them today and playing owl hoots on the laptop outside , had them mad for awhile there. There seem to be about 6-7 in this group.

And like I say for $100 had to try, and a Lami stock from Boyds (finished) applejack for $55 this is turning out to be a bargain rifle. Get this one to shoot and may just have to build a 10/22 SS in 17m2.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:57 PM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have thought about building a 10/17M2 ss my self but still lerning how to tweek the most out of the .22 so better wait on the .17m2
earth