Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Avid shooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I said this before but I will say it again. I think that superstock should only look stock and not be limited to the polishing of tg parts, bedding, and barrel work that almost none of us can do. The only thing I think should remain is the look and feel of a stock 10/22. the bull barrels are out in this one. I would even go as far as to say that the running boar type barrels count as superstock "sorta", like uncle jed said. we are limited to the accuracy we can get from the stock barrel and low power scopes. You guys can take it from there. I for one think that any scope put on a stock looking rifle does not take away from the stock look. Just my humble opinion,
EDIT- My humble definition of a superstock 10/22- picture of a rifle, which looks stock to the untrained eye, next to a picture of an ultimatesque group at 50 yards or above.

Last edited by Avid shooter; 01-14-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:15 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
perhaps this thread is getting back to the "ultimate" type of gun, which this new idea was to get away from. maybe to please everyone, there could be two, three, sub-catagories of our projects and if posting groups, could be defined; such as; "stocker", factory modded, superstocker, or something along that line. i could slap on my GM sporter bbl, use randys bolt, etc, but was thinking that this idea was to tweak out the factory parts. think the word "superstocker" should be defined. that may clear up some issues that we are spinning our wheels about. as usual, just my .22 cents. as an after thought, here are some of the better groups with low / high priced ammo at 25 yds with the flimsy plastic stock, factory bbl and bolt, with a cheap 4x32
scope that i borrowed for testing. nothing fancy or cost prohibitive. i imagine thse groups will open up a bit at 50 yds, but am trying to set a baseline for future testing. nothing "super" about this gun

Last edited by RICOCHET; 01-14-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:27 PM
AK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I think if it looks like a stock rifle or carbine then it can be called a SuperStock. Do all you want to the guts but keep the trigger housing, barrel and stock. The point is to make the guy your shooting next to feel lousy when you show him your groups from a stock looking rifle.

Just my .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Uncle Jed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET
perhaps this thread is getting back to the "ultimate" type of gun, which this new idea was to get away from. maybe to please everyone, there could be two, three, sub-catagories of our projects and if posting groups, could be defined; such as; "stocker", factory modded, superstocker, or something along that line. i could slap on my GM sporter bbl, use randys bolt, etc, but was thinking that this idea was to tweak out the factory parts. think the word "superstocker" should be defined. that may clear up some issues that we are spinning our wheels about. as usual, just my .22 cents.
Have to agree..
But I would be willing to bet, some people will prefer to load a little cork in there bat's..
Alway's have,, alway's will.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:32 PM
sawdust

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AK

I'll second that.

sawdust
Old 01-14-2006, 07:34 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
uncle jed,

then there should also be a "cheater" class. LOL. kinda reminds me of the old days at the drag strip where moms' two ton grocery getter station wagon would do 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile. sumpins up here but racers are probably the most innovatve bunch i ever came across, cept for a lot of people here

Last edited by RICOCHET; 01-14-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Uncle Jed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET
uncle jed,

then there should also be a "cheater" class. LOL.
This place seems to be growing by the day..
Old 01-14-2006, 07:44 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
yea, and i think its great with all the ideas and opinions. VINCE may get a five star thingee for this thread. but, so far its' just a few of us. there must be thousands of us here that would like to see this get off the ground. BTW, already posted the first of, hopefully, many more groups in whatever class a person may wanna enter in.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:10 PM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)

My stock will resemble this, not seen it yet.... Soon

The Walmart Special may be one of the better rifles to start with, I may do that. I already have the parts to do so, one of the 22" fluted sporter "seconds" from GM, just open the barrel channel some, need some kind of nice low power scope for this as well. I say we put NO restrictions on it other than barrel size, and follow the sporter contour. Restriction suck...

AK has a very nice what I would call a SuperStocker.

Clint
Old 01-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'm with you Clint....This is about what YOU want to build. Not about what a commitee SAYS you should build. Richochet, if Mom's grocery getter was in the 12's it WAS a SuperStock cuz there weren't any stock class cars that big going that quick.

If you really want to compare this to racing It was like this:

Drag Racing: Superstock, about all that was stock were the body panels. Supension, engines, trannies, wheels and tires were NOT stock. Superstocks used to pull the front wheels 3 feet off the ground!! There wasn't much STOCK there!!!!

Karts: we had a Superstock Class. It was a motor class of course as chassis were ALL custom. A superstock motor was what was called in the rule book "Stock appearing". Every part inside was either HIGHLY modified or totally aftermarket. The most beautiful ports ever seen by man. 2 stroke motors of course with cylinders that looked like Swiss cheese.

Run what ya brung guys

Edit: I wanted to thank everybody so far for keeping this clean Keep up the great work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
MtStream

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
I'm with you Clint....This is about what YOU want to build.

A superstock was what was called in the rule book "Stock appearing". Every part inside was either HIGHLY modified or totally aftermarket.

Run what ya brung guys

Edit: I wanted to thank everybody so far for keeping this clean Keep up the great work.
Sounds like a plan - We are building Sporters .
Usable, practical rifles that excel at getting the job done from bench to field .
Defined ? Thought so .
Old 01-14-2006, 09:05 PM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
We are building rifles the way Ruger should have and be building them !! The cosmetics can never please everyone, so I do not put any blame on Ruger for this.

Now we need the a SuperStocker forum

Admin ?

Clint
Old 01-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtStream
Sounds like a plan - We are building Sporters .
Usable, practical rifles that excel at getting the job done from bench to field .
Defined ? Thought so .
Chevy used to cal them SS....SuperSport and you could option them with a list as long as your arm.....427 in a Nova....No problem, go for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Last edited by Vincent; 01-14-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:11 PM
MtStream

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Make it COPO and its a deal .
Old 01-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Uncle Jed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remind's me of the New 1969 Chevele SS , my brother just had to have when he returned from the Marine's.
Great at burning gas and rubber with a 375 Hp 396..
Wind them up and let em go...
People used to brag about how much Super Shell or Sunoco 260 ,they could burn in an afternoon..
I get about 12 Mpg,, Awwww thats nuttin,, I get 8..
Jed..
Closed Thread