The Watering Hole 10-21-2019 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

It looks like they should have had Don blow those cranes.

In.

I did the grocery run this morning. It was pretty nice when I left. I expected it to get better. When I made it home it was worse but I checked my weather sources and I was assured it would get better so I played inside until the sun came back out.

Good news, ethernet to detached garage is run up though the floor into the living room next to the switch and router instead of being snaked though a window. I can close down window air conditioner for the year now.

Bad news. There is a water leak under the house. I discovered it while doing the low crawl to where I was bring up the ethernet cable. I haven't been able to locate the source. Appears to be fresh water, isn't the water heater or its relief valve. I cut a few holes in insulation, some to drain, some to use to inspect. I don't see anything leaking. Maybe after the water drains out of the insulation and belly cover I'll be able to find the drip. Thankfully this isn't the middle of winter.

Terminated the wire for the ethernet, and went outside to mount a siding block for a security camera that will be attached to the garage. My ladder works good, I like the leg leveler feature. There is no joy standing on a wobbly ladder. Boy were there a bunch of dead lady bugs under the siding when I pulled it a part. Btw, a laminate shear isn't much use on vinyl siding. I don't know where the shears I used to fix the receptacle/siding block on the house that was damaged last winter when I ran the snowblower over the extension cord going out the the battery minder in the old car.

I'd have gotten the camera mounted but my spade bits are in my tool box at work. Tried a brace and bit but the little screw didn't get much bite in the osb spacers.

Oh, I found my cane chair that has been missing for a few years. It is up on the top plate studs between the garage doors hanging from the handle and I remembered that my 18v Ryobi circular saw was out in the shed. I found the 120v saw that I couldn't locate before I was finished. I think I'm doing fairly good today other than still being somewhat sick still. This day was too good to waste at this time of the year.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 10-20-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:00 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Didn't realize how many Halloween decorations we had up in the attic that we accumulated over the years when the kids were young. Fished them out and put them all over the house. Bored on a rainy Sunday. I love it. Tequila time.

Wife is making beets in the insta-pot.
......Tom Petty
Old 10-20-2019, 04:05 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
He protested when I pruned the pines around the power line but my argument was better a geezer than a 28 yr old yute if it goes POW IME.
You are one altruistic Al

Infidel indeed!

Old 10-20-2019, 04:24 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like feta cheese with beets.
......Tom Petty
Old 10-20-2019, 04:27 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good range report for you both TD.

What happened with the cranes? Google produced lousy hrs long demo vids.

al·tru·is·tic
/ˌaltro͞oˈistik/
adjective
showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.
"it was an entirely altruistic act"
synonyms: unselfish, selfless, self-sacrificing, self-denying; considerate, compassionate, kind, decent, noble, public-spirited; generous, magnanimous, ungrudging, unstinting, charitable, benevolent, beneficent, liberal, openhanded, free-handed, philanthropic, humanitarian; literarybounteous

Me? Shirley you jest, err, oh yeah, thats me alright Gunfrued. I has my occasional moments.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:34 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
I like feta cheese with beets.
Someone step on your tongue when you were a kid?
Old 10-20-2019, 04:46 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trick or treat

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...=1&d=157160426

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1571604266
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 227BCB00-A382-43C7-8627-19758C75564D.jpg (517.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 430B358F-E0D1-4084-B9BE-C11F209E5525.jpg (489.1 KB, 16 views)
......Tom Petty

Last edited by dlong; 10-20-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
How do you like the Olympus. Micro four thirds?

My only entry into the world of MFT.
Yes it’s a MFT’s. Like it a lot, very compact, battery lasts a long time, takes nice pics and I can use all my old Nikon lenses.

We got the pontoon boat out of the water and in the pole barn. I’m in awe you folks that can back them trailers up like child’s play, grew up a city boy and never towed a trailer.........it’s an art IMHO.

What a gorgeous day........going to carve some more pumpkins with the 22

Enjoy the day
Rich
Old 10-20-2019, 04:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVStalin View Post
Needs to dry off for a few days so peanuts can be combined.

Combined with what ?

Guy who bow hunts only on my property had told me he had seen a few deer really bad from ticks. Not sure if this is it. On camera. Only deer seen like this. Will send to biologist. Rest on cameras show healthy ones.

Spent afternoon riding on errands with Wifey. Red Robin lunch.

Now a real camera [saw this while shopping with Wifey, took photo].

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 10-20-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:03 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That deer looks bad. I've never seen one that looked like that. We had to thin them in the nearby State Park due to overcrowding.....but they we just skinny from not enough to eat. 1917
Old 10-20-2019, 05:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sent photo to my District Wildlife biologist. Will see what he says. Don't think that is ticks. Not with big knots like that.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:54 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Got back from taking care of my 82 year old BIL. Spent three days there getting him fed and dressed, etc. Feel bad for him as he was a really good athlete in his day. Wanted to pay me but I wouldn’t hear of it. Just hope someone is there for me.

Watched the Vikings game and then removed four hackberry trees that were growing on the back slope. Worked up a sweat but hauling them up w the Kubota and a rope helped. Great little tractor.

Looking good, dlong.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:11 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
Sent photo to my District Wildlife biologist. Will see what he says. Don't think that is ticks. Not with big knots like that.

Frank, be sure to post here when you find out, we are mighty curious.

dlong, nice place you have there, wanna start on mine next?
Old 10-20-2019, 06:14 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good vertical pics.

Sorry I haven't been around as much as normal. Important Uno games, and other shenanigans have kept me away.

I went to the Ft Worth Gun Show today with Wook. He got a few vintage scopes. I got a 1022 in an AR style chassis, and a bullit mold. Two cavity .356 124gr Truncated Cone TL by Lee. Only $10.

After four hours of walking, my foot doth protest muchly. Voltaren Gel applied, and propped up.

Watching the Saints beat the Bears. (So far, knock on wood)

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:18 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
In and up early this morning running errands while the roads and stores were quiet even for a weekend. Twas cool and overcast like being at the coast until later this morning and then it was back to reality to a sunny day in the Central Valley.

Yeasterday's USPSA steel challenge had a couple of no shows but still had thirty active shooters. Rimfire took the top 1/3 of the combined postions and center fire were duking it out for what ever was left with both RF and revolvers. Decided to just take it easy and still managed ninth overall and first in my classification shooting rimfire rifle optics being the 10/22 Mannlicher with Ultradot Matchdot II for optics successfully hurling GECO Semiauto sans any malfunctions of any kind. Brother shooting rimfire pistol iron sights is doing much better and finished twenty second overall. Really good to see him not finishing in last place anymore. Pistol club furnished pizza for lunch so you shoot four stages, ate pizza, and shot your remaining four stages. Pistol club on occasions will feed our entrants and clothe them annually with a club shirt of sorts.

Afterwards after Brother headed for home, moi got uber busy in the reloading cave and cranked out about five hundred pew-pews, and rehabbed fifty CF rifle cartouches all before pillow time last night. Two hundred were for pistol and three hundred were for PCC, having hurled a bunch of both during Friday's range practice with Brother. Pew-pew inventory is now sans any loads no longer in favor. After this mornings errands and breakfast, finished stuffing powder and bullets in the CF rifle brass.

Going to be a fun and busy next couple of weeks when to comes our various shooting sports. Hosting another USPSA Level I pistol match next Saturday; shooting out of town PRS on Sunday; toss in some days shooting LRS here, and then in beginning of next month we're playing host to a Babes with Bullets training camp.

Been puttering around to and fro in the tuna boat while trying to recycle enough cans and bottles in order overhaul the transfer case in the diesel Noticed the tuna boat key fob door lock/unlock feature distance was getting noticably shorter so replaced that battery this morning.

Yard work can wait for a few more days as I'm recovering from yesterday fun shooting match. Thankfully the bees are doing what bees do with the one extensive screening shrub out side of the kitchen side of the house. Don't want to disturb them with any pruning activities.
Good range and reloading report. I spent part of yesterday using forscan, a blue tooth ODBI reader and my smart phone trying to determine the cause of my random alarms going off 20-30 seconds after I lock my car doors. I didn't get anywhere.

Lady bugs were out in force enjoying the sun this afternoon. Some wasps were sunning also. Winter is coming soon and they know it. I wasted a lot of good days to do things thinking mañana. I did get a lot of range time in this year though. I think with your weather you can mañana a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Good vertical pics.

Sorry I haven't been around as much as normal. Important Uno games, and other shenanigans have kept me away.

I went to the Ft Worth Gun Show today with Wook. He got a few vintage scopes. I got a 1022 in an AR style chassis, and a bullit mold. Two cavity .356 124gr Truncated Cone TL by Lee. Only $10.

After four hours of walking, my foot doth protest muchly. Voltaren Gel applied, and propped up.

Watching the Saints beat the Bears. (So far, knock on wood)
Good luck with your Saints. I hope Wook gives us a scope report. Go Saints!

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 10-20-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Closed Thread