How do your Hunters shoot? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-19-2019, 03:41 PM
bearhunter 500
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How do your Hunters shoot?

So I am considering getting a Single Six Hunter. But my past Single Six s have not been as accurate as my mkii or browning buckmark taget. I have read enough from people who do not have these guns.
What say you all that have them and shoot them. I love the look as they are a very pretty gun compared to the semi autos. I will be topping with a scope, and my main use will be for squirrel season.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:32 PM
roggiedog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've got a single six hunter. It's extremely accurate with 22lr. Haven't tried the wmr yet. The only issue I have with it is the front sight being so smail. I recently put on a 2x scope so that I can see the cross hairs better. This thing is putting together some awesome groups with bulk federal hv ammo. I'm going to try some better sv ammo that I have just to see how good it can get. Highly recommended if the weight doesn't bother you.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Rimfiregal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have owned many Since Sixes, but only one Hunter. Could have been luck of the draw, but my Hunter could stay right with my best semi-autos at 25 yds from a rest, easily doing under an inch, group after group, with CCI SV and a good scope. Even managed to get some groups at 50 yds that were hanging in that 1" range. Could do the same at 50 with 22 mag. Again, this is one gun, so take it for what it's worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 07:23 PM
bearhunter 500
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info. Nice to hear from actual owners.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:12 AM
woodchip

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Hunter is a very accurate shooter.

I shoot mine a lot. The sights leave much to be desired, but that's the only drawback I have. It shoots magnums more accurately than 22 lr. The brand of shells also plays a large factor in accuracy in these guns. Mine doesn't like CCI ammo. Winchester seems to shoot the best. In my mind, this is the best 22 handgun on the market. I encourage owners of this gun to try magnums. Very accurate and way fun to shoot.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the Hunter and it shoots very well with a Loopy 2X. I did some trigger work on mine because it was poor out of the box. There are some posts on RFC on how to bend the spring and polish some things up for a much improved trigger pull. I would recommend if you put a scope on it you get one that allows you to remove and install without removing either of the sights.