Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Has this ever happened to you?

Long story short. I can’t remember where I put a gun! Was photographing the pistols, and for the life of me one is missing! It wasn’t where it was supposed to be, but I have a vague memory about stuffing it someplace else. Maybe. To late and tired to start a Second search.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:15 PM
Shamokinbob

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My friend has been looking for his 10/22 mach2 since they became popular again
Old 10-16-2019, 11:16 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Never firearms but other stuff, hoo-boy. A guy should have duplicate yard tools, right?
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 01:37 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Smile Again ?

Has this ever happened to ME ? Oh , Lordy , no !
Old 10-17-2019, 05:33 AM
deathray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes

Could not find my 581 22, thought I must have laid it down next to the shooting bench when I was shooting seaveral guns and left it there when done, went back seaveral days after I noticed it was gone and it wasn't there ( private range not many people shoot there) checked with a few guys that use it but no saw my gun. About to month later I pulled the truck into the garage got out and looked over at the wall where I had seaveral sheets of left over sheet rock leaning looked behind it and there was my 581, wife and I were going to town and I didn't want to take it into the house and didn't want to leave it in truck so I hid it behind the sheet rock and then forgot I put it there.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:42 AM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hide things in plain sight and still lose them! My problem is seeing something I will need for a future project, buy it on sale and when it comes time to do the project forget about the first purchase and buy another. Did that recently with a tube of liquid nails.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:43 AM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Have a PPK that was missing for almost 3 years, wife hid the valuables around the house when we were leaving for a couple of weeks. After a year I was sure it was in our Explorer we sold.
As a side note there must 50 rolls of Teflon plumbers tape in the house, whenever I need 1 thereís none to be found. There might be a mouse with the slickest nest ever.

Rich
Old 10-17-2019, 07:56 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well at least Iíll have friends in the nursing home the first clue we had that my father-in-law was loosing it was when we cleaned up his garage and found 13 can openers. When asked he said yeah I keep on loosing the darn things. PS , this was his 1911, that is mia, we had his best friend remove his guns so he wouldnít go Junior Soprano on me when we came to visit. He never liked me! Somehow I ended up with them and thatís how my obsession with guns was rekindled. I got a 1911, a Makarov, a shotgun, and an Anschutz jr Varminter. Iím going to go look for the 1911 right now!
Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 AM
Tex45LC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've "lost" my sunglasses on top of my head and a couple of small items in pockets before. Had a concealed setup that was comfortable enough I forgot I was wearing it....until I plopped down in a chair and got prodded in the ribs.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:15 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No, when it comes to guns there is a place for everything. I am forgetful, so; I am extra careful with the serialized firearms. Parts and special tools are another story.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:37 AM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Did you know that The TC R55 rifles have a storage place in the butt that is built to hold a spare magazine? After shooting at the range one time I opened the door and wondered if my magazine fit in there, it did so I left it thinking that way it won't get lost. Quite a while later when I went to get it ready for squirrel season I couldn't find my magazine, looked everywhere but no luck. After 2 months of searching I found one on eBay. $75 later it was ready to go. I was heading to the range and noticed the compartment in the butt again, I felt pretty stupid.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:05 AM
Iain

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had an old gentleman (80+) in the Club who kept his rifle bolt & rifle at home in seperate places as a security measure.

One afternoon, he arrives at the range with a worried look, asking a few people if they had seen a rifle bolt lying around. Apparently he'd started to get his match rifle ready for a range trip and could'nt find the bolt anywhere. After a good search with no success, he went back home to report the loss to the local police (a requirement here in the UK).

About a week later he arrives at the range with a big smile and his rifle bolt in hand.

It turns out his wife was putting clothes away after washing and found the rifle bolt in her underwear drawer

Nobody had the heart to ask how it might have got in there.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:19 AM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
At a recent benchrest shoot, I ran up and down the firing line looking for my misplaced ear muffs. Everyone just smiled and said "nope, haven't seen them". Finally found them on top of my head.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:07 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I misplaced an H&R 38 break-open revolver once. When I bought my house in 1992, I built a work bench in the garage and bolted it to the wall. I put two roll-away toolboxes under it. Found the gun sitting on top of one of the toolboxes (under the bench top, close to the wall) when I was getting ready to sell the house in 2018.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:16 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have two gun safes. I usually put every gun back in the same place. A day after a range trip, I went to get one of my carry guns.....it wasn't there! I got that "kicked in the stomach" feeling and strained my brain trying to recall if I had it when I left the range. After panicking for a few minutes rifling through the safe, I opened the other safe. There it was! Big 'ol sigh of relief!

I never did that again!

R