Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:56 PM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Burris Rim Fire Rings

Has anybody actually fitted a set of these 420554 Signature rings to an Anschutz 11MM dove tail?
Before I order these from inter-state, I'd prefer to know that they WILL fit. I can see the extra set of clamps in the pic lower left with the inserts.
I have an older set here with the 3/8" clamps but also concerned as to whether these later versions will clear the round Anschutz receiver.

Thanks,
Allan.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:23 PM
isquareare

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, my 420554 just fit my 1422. What model do you have?

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2019, 10:19 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (234)
Hey, Allan,

I don't have the Burris Rimfire rings on any of my Anschutz, but I do have them on a couple Remington 581s (I like the Signature versions) which also have a round top grooved receiver. I suspect they'd be OK on the Anschutz. Another possibility would be Warne 7.3/22 rings, and I am using them too on a couple of my rifles, though I'm not crazy about the way you have to snap the top over the scope body.

Good to know you're still at this stuff.

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 12:08 AM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isquareare View Post
Yes, my 420554 just fit my 1422. What model do you have?
Thanks - Model 1761

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
Hey, Allan,
I don't have the Burris Rimfire rings on any of my Anschutz, but I do have them on a couple Remington 581s (I like the Signature versions) which also have a round top grooved receiver. I suspect they'd be OK on the Anschutz.
Good to know you're still at this stuff.
Doug
Thanks, Doug - My wife wants the Elite 4500 6-24 taken off her 1710 & fitted to the 1761 (which she has claimed as her own) (Still very happy with it by the way.) I'm trying to keep the complete package compact but a 3-9EFR hasn't got the power she's looking for.
Next op. Nov 21st - No complications since we last spoke & I'm feeling very confident about the outcome now
Old 10-16-2019, 06:39 AM
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
Allan, I don't know about the 1761 but assume its a small diameter receiver like the 64 in which case they would likely fit without modification.

On a large diameter 54, as I have had to do on some, the most you'd have to do would be to hollow out the bottom of the ring to clear the receiver curvature (so the ring only touches the 11mm rails and not the top of the receiver)...Tom

Old 10-16-2019, 07:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I like the Weaver style Signature rings better, used with a pair of J&P adapters. The material will not scratch the receiver, and I've never had them loosen when used as directed. I've never used the rimfire model on a 64 action, but I have had clearance problems on a round-top 54.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:29 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I don't know about the 1761 but assume its a small diameter receiver like the 64 in which case they would likely fit without modification.

On a large diameter 54, as I have had to do on some, the most you'd have to do would be to hollow out the bottom of the ring to clear the receiver curvature (so the ring only touches the 11mm rails and not the top of the receiver)...Tom
The greater the diameter of the receiver, the less "curvature" the rings have to contend with. The smaller the diameter, the more curvature there is.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:44 PM
toolboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
burris rimfire rings

If these rings don't fit tight there are two types of clamps.
They are marked and if you don't have the right ones in the package Burris will send a set.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:43 PM
redrockranger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Burris rimfire rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboy View Post
If these rings don't fit tight there are two types of clamps.
They are marked and if you don't have the right ones in the package Burris will send a set.
I tried a set on a Anschutz 64. The clamping system didn't seem to fit well, canted looking.likey from the clamp system.I like the weaver signature rings find another method of mounting them.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:30 PM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks to everyone for responding - The answers are pretty much as I expected!

All my German 11MM dove tails are fitted with J&P delrin adaptors & Signature rings 'cos I just like to use these inserts for several reasons.

While I have spare Signature zees, I don't currently have any spare adaptors and an extra set will cost me over eighty bucks at to-day's exchange rate - Not viable unless I am ordering other stuff at the same time.

I've wanted to satisfy my curiosity about this issue since I became aware of the two sets of clamps available for the rim fire rings. Guess I'll just order a set and report back my findings - A family member is a machinist with a fully equipped workshop so I'm sure we can work something out if modifications are necessary
Old 10-17-2019, 07:58 AM
Oldevo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The bottoms of these rings did not clear the rounded receiver on my '76 1407. As posted above it's not difficult to cut some relief to make them fit. I like the adjustable offset the inserts provide so it was worth the effort to me.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:41 AM
isquareare

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The two sets of clips, one set is unmarked the other is marked with an A, that's the one to use.
To remove material what do you use? A vice and a half round file, or something else.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2019, 06:08 PM
Oldevo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yes, a vise and an assortment of files and rasps. It's pretty soft metal.