Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:56 PM
tickridger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer1234 View Post
Actually nearly got me in trouble years ago. Wife and I went to see the Liberty Bell and I had my small Swiss knife in my pocket. I found a place to bury it in the shrubs but the wife said oh don't bother. Well I took it in and was promptly led away from everyone else and got a good tongue lashing. Moral of the story? DON'T listen to your wife.
When she wasn't looking you should have dropped it into her purse. Let her explain that to the officials.

John
Old 10-18-2019, 03:30 PM
mushka
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LF pocket is a small knife, SAK money clip, a 24 hour coin. RF pocket is a .32 auto or .380, whichever I happen to pick up. L breast pocket is a metal wallet with my ID and cards etc. Small notebook and pen. R breast pocket is a flip phone most of the time. I always wear khaki cargo pants and the side pockets can have just about anything stuck in them. I like lotsa pockets.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:37 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
If someone had to check your pockets to get into a secure place would you be in trouble?
Just with my truck, house, and credit card account.
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Jbfuller
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Jbfuller
I always have wallet, handkerchief, medium stockman, small lighter, and phone. If Iím not at work my 43 sometimes a spare magazine but not always.

Some guys at work carry but I donít.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2019, 12:19 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Front left - money clip with cash and keys
Right front - Sig P938, or P238
Left rear - Wallet
Right rear - phone and an EDC knife
Old 10-19-2019, 02:33 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd likely lose my swiss army knife and the gerber curve on my keyring.

I like big, deep, J frame sized pockets in my blue jeans.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:27 PM
Canuck
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I work airport security (not screening). I am screened at least a dozen times a day both pat downs and exray. Most small items kept in suit jacket pockets. Jacket, radio, wallet and keys go into bin. Only time I am exempt is when there is a medical emergency.

Canuck
Old 10-19-2019, 05:42 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I carry the Victorinox Swiss Army knife on one of my key rings. Went into one building and they wanted to confiscate it from me even when I said I wouldn't enter. Have to remember to leave it in the car when going certain places.

Don't carry a traditional wallet. Had a fold-over that fits in my shirt pocket. That way I don't wear T-shirts and polo's.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My pocket probably over kill. what I carry on average day.

Last edited by aztarget; 10-19-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
On most days nothing in my pockets. Some days there will be a wad of freshly washed paper, a small grocery list. I need a list to remind me to take that out before it is washed.

41 years ago, my wife checked my pockets (I'm a wildlife biologist, retired). She came to me with an open palm. She asked, "what are these?" They were small, raisin-sized balls, dark greenish black. I told her they were deer feces I picked up in the woods.

She hasn't checked my pockets before washing since.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Don't want to hog the thread but I have one more pocket instance.

It was the early 80's. I was in a meeting with a bunch of soil scientists and farmers in Valparaiso, IN. It was "u-shaped" seating. I thought, "wow, one of these guys needs a bath.

On the way home I stuck my hand in my vest pocket. There was a nearly dried out least shrew in the pocket. Stunk to high heaven. I remembered picking it up a couple of weeks earlier and putting it in my pocket for later exact identification.

I'm sure those farmers thought, boy, that biologist needs a bath.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:49 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
While in Orlando with friends we went out to eat one night, didn't know the restaurant was inside the Theme Park, while in line I called a security guard over and explained my .380 was in my right front pocket. He smiled and said follow me, Security Center had a stack of handgun lock ups, put it in, he told me not to lose the key because it was the only one they had to it. Mean while some Lady FBI agent was telling them loudly they had to let her in with hers (I honestly think she'd been drinking), no dice...they turned her and her friends away. I personally thought the Security folks were very accommodating and friendly.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:05 AM
Mr GAP
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I knew I was going through a security check point in my near future there would be nothing in my pockets that would cause any trouble. With that said I am not going to tell what I normally carry in my pockets.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:47 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
My Lovely Bride usually does the laundry in our house. She gets a big kick out of finding money in my pants pockets , puts it in her pocket and never says a word to me about it. I always make sure to leave a little change or a couple of dollar bills in one pocket or the other when I put my dirties in the hamper, she thinks I forgot and left it in there , I suppose. Helps keep a little happiness in the family.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:40 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
My Lovely Bride usually does the laundry in our house. She gets a big kick out of finding money in my pants pockets , puts it in her pocket and never says a word to me about it. I always make sure to leave a little change or a couple of dollar bills in one pocket or the other when I put my dirties in the hamper, she thinks I forgot and left it in there , I suppose. Helps keep a little happiness in the family.
When I was first on my own, Mom would stop by and grab my laundry. I left a few bucks in the pockets for her. Thanks for triggering a memory of Mom.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.