Hair cuts? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2019, 03:41 AM
squirrelsniper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The one I routinely give myself. Wahl clipper, #1 guard all over my head, wait a couple months until I look like a biker, then break out the Wahl and repeat. Stylish is one thing I've never tried to be; maybe it's a fault, but maybe I'm just confident enough that I don't care.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:39 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Be glad you have hair to cut
Old 10-16-2019, 07:24 AM
TrblShtr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When I was a kid, Dad gave all of us boys haircuts until we were able to use money we earned ourselves to buy our own in town. Dad was very consistent as a stylist, crew cut with a clipper, very short and all one length.

On February 9, 1964, the Beatles made their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show and in my six year old mind I just knew I had to have the same hair style as the lads from Liverpool. So a week or so later when it was time for my trim, I sat down and told Dad I wanted a "Beatles haircut". He said OK and got to work. When he was done I bolted out of the chair to the closest mirror. You can imagine my anguish when I saw that I had received yet another crew cut. When I complained about it he said, "If the Beatles asked me for a haircut they would get one just like that".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 07:28 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My wife does mine. There was a learning curve. Lucky for me, back in the day, my hair grew faster. I offered to do her's. Not interested. I remind her from time to time. Still not interested.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Back in the dark ages when I was a youth I wore a flat top. The barber I had used and was very good hung it up and I had to find another barber. Guy put on a guide, ran it over the middle of my head. and proceeded to trim both sides to match. The trouble was he didn't cut the sides as short as the clipper swipe. There was another barbershop a few blocks away with a guy that had a good reputation and and I proceeded to sit and wait for quite sometime before I got in his chair. He asked "who got a hold of you" and I told him. He managed to get it flat and even but I almost had a bald streak down the center of my head. He wouldn't let me pay him.

My last barber passed away about a year ago and my grand daughter, a licensed beautician, has been doing it since then. She is excellent and won't let grandpa pay her. I get even by buying her gifts.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:11 PM
natman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
When I was dating a hair dresser she gave me a freebee that had me looking like I preferred guys when she got done.

Smart girl. Cuts down on the competition.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Cut my own. Typical male pattern baldness, so once a month or so with buzz cutter and 5/8" gauge on the noggin, 3/8" on the beard.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:30 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Back in the dark ages when I was a youth I wore a flat top. The barber I had used and was very good hung it up and I had to find another barber. Guy put on a guide, ran it over the middle of my head. and proceeded to trim both sides to match. The trouble was he didn't cut the sides as short as the clipper swipe. There was another barbershop a few blocks away with a guy that had a good reputation and and I proceeded to sit and wait for quite sometime before I got in his chair. He asked "who got a hold of you" and I told him. He managed to get it flat and even but I almost had a bald streak down the center of my head. He wouldn't let me pay him.

My last barber passed away about a year ago and my grand daughter, a licensed beautician, has been doing it since then. She is excellent and won't let grandpa pay her. I get even by buying her gifts.
Well you are safe. At least you know this Barber will out live you.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Pustic
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This ain't me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg this guy.jpg (26.7 KB, 70 views)
Old 10-16-2019, 01:21 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pustic View Post
This ain't me.
I would like to know what meds that guy was on to do that.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:36 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Him (?) and the hairdresser both.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:41 PM
fugawe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In the 80's I used to go to a barber college for haircuts. You always rolled the dice there but, hey, three bucks is three bucks. I never got a 'bad' haircut there but one girl nicked my ear and I bled like a pig, kind of freaked her out. That one was free.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:55 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Are you ever gonna be a crusty obtuse olde fart when you turn geezer.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:59 PM
Ferox34
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Barber from my youth

Had a barber when I was a kid, he was a WWII vet and had lost a leg in the war. Us kids had a running joke that "Joe" held up his sock on his artificial leg with a thumb tack, but it was just something us kids whispered about. One day I was at the shop and a kid asked "Joe" about holding his sock up...he raised his pant leg, and there it was a thumb tack!!
Old 10-16-2019, 06:15 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Are you ever gonna be a crusty obtuse olde fart when you turn geezer.
I already am.