Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:59 AM
joel_black

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hammerli International rapid fire pistol

Now that I have finally found some 22 Short target ammo, I decided I needed to get this one to shoot. So far I have been surprised by its slow accuracy.

This coming weekend I plan to try it rapid fire which of course is what it is designed for.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
That is an interesting early version from right after Hämmerli dropped the Hämmerli Walther name, it still says Olympia to remind of its parentage. Later models had a different compensator. I had shot one of those when the were still UIT legal and there was really no recoil. I had used RWS ammo in those days.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:57 PM
joel_black

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can't imagine there would be any recoil even without the compensator. There are these holes as well.

Many years ago I owned this Walther Hammerli. It also worked great with CCI short CB caps, but it was much less sophisticated that this international.

Last edited by joel_black; 10-15-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 09:11 PM
JVStalin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Smile Can I play , too ?

I got an OSP Walther , a GSP Walther and an Olympia Hammerli/Walther . The OSP is hilarious to shoot , and , with a super light trigger pull , very dangerous ! With the ports on the top of the barrel , it is , literally , a blast to shoot . You wouldn't expect a 22 SHORT to be so dang' noisy . Wear your hearing protection ! ATGATT . Enjoy !
Old 10-17-2019, 07:02 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
OSP = Olympische Schnellfeuer Pistole. Those were designed for the Deutscher Schützenbund OSP competitions and had a 1000 gram trigger pull minimum, the GSP (Gebrauchssportpistole) had a 1,360 gram minimum trigger for DSB 2.40 back in those days.
The Hammerli International later had a screw above the trigger where the trigger pull could be changed for either discipline, while the Walther GSP needed the trigger assembly to be changed.