Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:55 PM
escopeta
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
1907 re-barrel

Have a 1907 from 2011 that I want to re-barrel as currently it will not shoot with my 1989 vintage 1700FWT. Have tried a lot of different ammo and I am not happy with it. Who is the better .22RF barrel maker these days? I have the action in the 1811 stock and only punching paper. I can do all the barrel work myself as I have all the tools of the trade and do a lot of center fire barrels for F-Class shooters.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by escopeta View Post
Have a 1907 from 2011 that I want to re-barrel as currently it will not shoot with my 1989 vintage 1700FWT. Have tried a lot of different ammo and I am not happy with it. Who is the better .22RF barrel maker these days? I have the action in the 1811 stock and only punching paper. I can do all the barrel work myself as I have all the tools of the trade and do a lot of center fire barrels for F-Class shooters.
I really like Benchmarks, have had 4 done and all 4 shot/shoot really good. for BR Shilens seems the preferred barrel that is commonly available, the really premium Mueller are very hard to get.
chamber is the key IMO

Lee
Old 10-17-2019, 08:53 AM
isquareare

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
I really like Benchmarks, have had 4 done and all 4 shot/shoot really good. for BR Shilens seems the preferred barrel that is commonly available, the really premium Mueller are very hard to get.

chamber is the key IMO

Lee
What is the currently preferred number of groves?

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 08:58 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isquareare View Post
What is the currently preferred number of groves?

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk
I been shooting 3 grooves. I had 1 2-groove but that went with the rifle I sold. supposing 2-grooves don't like temps below 60, I can't remember if I had problems.

Lee
Old 10-20-2019, 08:52 PM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have 4 each, 2-groove Benchmarks on my rimfires and they shoot outstanding until you get below 40 degrees...after that, they seem to get a little squirrely. In my case, I'm really more of a 100-yard group shooter, I don't even bother trying to shoot groups after late October here in Michigan, I switch to ARA or ABRA. I've read the 3 grooves don't have that problem, but I'm old and set in my ways and I'll be %%%%ed if I'm going to change now.

Bob

p.s. Lee, the tuner you turned down for me is working great....
Old 10-21-2019, 09:26 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnttech View Post
I have 4 each, 2-groove Benchmarks on my rimfires and they shoot outstanding until you get below 40 degrees...after that, they seem to get a little squirrely. In my case, I'm really more of a 100-yard group shooter, I don't even bother trying to shoot groups after late October here in Michigan, I switch to ARA or ABRA. I've read the 3 grooves don't have that problem, but I'm old and set in my ways and I'll be %%%%ed if I'm going to change now.

Bob

p.s. Lee, the tuner you turned down for me is working great....
Bob Glad the tuner is working for you.

Lee