CZ 457 in a Full Stock rifle ?? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:14 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I would take one or two but only if it is built off an American stock profile. I abhor that Euro fish back stock style.... I know to each his own.

I would take a 17 Mach II and a 22 LR. I would also like to see the single set trigger included. Send me the billing info…...
Old 10-14-2019, 08:04 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1522steelshooter View Post
Might have a better chance getting Boyd or someone to make some stocks.
Yes, except for a proper mannlicher you need a carbine length barrel with good open sights. That adds up to less than practical. Or would a youth barrel work?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:05 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Per their Director of Marketing CZ-USA has little to no say in what they get much less what CZ-UB builds.
Im curious as to what share of Czs rifle sales is done in the U.S. market. I know they have a very strong following in Europe and the Asian markets. We tend to think that we, here in the States, are the center of the Universe, but that is not the case. What influences their decision making may have very little to do with what the U.S. consumer prefers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Rmeintel
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Was at a shop today and the a BNIB 455 Full Stock. It was chambered in 17HMR or you guys would be seeing pictures of it. Once I find one chambered in 22LR I’ll bee the owner
Old 10-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Im curious as to what share of Czs rifle sales is done in the U.S. market. I know they have a very strong following in Europe and the Asian markets. We tend to think that we, here in the States, are the center of the Universe, but that is not the case. What influences their decision making may have very little to do with what the U.S. consumer prefers.
Dont tell me that. I bought a good many CZ rifles this year and the year isnt over.

I really want a set of full stocks in each caliber with the 457 action.

Patrick
Old 10-14-2019, 08:25 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwheel View Post
Dont tell me that. I bought a good many CZ rifles this year and the year isnt over.

I really want a set of full stocks in each caliber with the 457 action.
Oh hell yeah ! Id love an FS in 22 mag and theyve gotten a bunch of my money in the last few years. Im just not sure my wants have much influence over what they decide to make in Czechoslovakia.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:44 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Oh hell yeah ! Id love an FS in 22 mag and theyve gotten a bunch of my money in the last few years. Im just not sure my wants have much influence over what they decide to make in Czechoslovakia.
I know...but hey, maybe Signalman, you, me, and a few others could be invited to go to Czechoslovakia. That would be a hoot!

Actually if I was running CZUSA Id come up with some sort of contest and do just that. CEO for a week by some CZ rimfire shooter based on a contest. Winner gets to be CEO for a week and go home to the mothership.

Patrick
Old 10-14-2019, 09:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwheel View Post
I know...but hey, maybe Signalman, you, me, and a few others could be invited to go to Czechoslovakia. That would be a hoot!

Actually if I was running CZUSA Id come up with some sort of contest and do just that. CEO for a week by some CZ rimfire shooter based on a contest. Winner gets to be CEO for a week and go home to the mothership.
Tailwheel sir now that would be sweet...I think I could order them to make like 100 FS in different calibers...and make a special run of 527 FS also.

Signalman
Old 10-14-2019, 09:12 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
Tailwheel sir now that would be sweet...I think I could order them to make like 100 FS in different calibers...and make a special run of 527 FS also.

Signalman
Id be happy if you and Gerald could go and pick all the wood blanks to be used for the US market rifles. Wed all be guaranteed lottery winners and I could stop being jealous of you two.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Id be happy if you and Gerald could go and pick all the wood blanks to be used for the US market rifles. Wed all be guaranteed lottery winners and I could stop being jealous of you two.
I am sure Gerald would do a better job than I can but I would give it my best shot. If I was there just for a week then the special run of FSs would have hand picked wood on them.

Signalman
Old 10-14-2019, 09:44 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to whtsmoke
I just wonder if you knew someone that had a stock duplicator and you used one of the full stocks as a pattern the inlet it for the 457 action, you think it might work?
Old 10-14-2019, 09:51 PM
AWS
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm looking for a FS 455 in 22 Mag right now, I just have to sell my Model 70 222 Rem.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtsmoke View Post
I just wonder if you knew someone that had a stock duplicator and you used one of the full stocks as a pattern the inlet it for the 457 action, you think it might work?
Yes I do and he is working on making stocks to sell...if you want a name just let me know.

Signalman
Old 10-14-2019, 10:05 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
Yes I do and he is working on making stocks to sell...if you want a name just let me know.

Signalman
Wouldn’t a 457 American action and barrel in a Tiger Maple FS stock be really sweet ?

Last edited by SLS; 10-14-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Wouldnt a 457 American action and barrel in a Tiger Maple FS stock be really sweet ?
So what happened to the better looking part of your post...you know you can't take it with you so good looks and being smart are a blessing you have.

and yes that would look great...just let me put a twist to your dream...how about a stainless steel action and barrel in a maple full stock and a nice Weaver Grand Slam Silver 4-16x Varmint EBX reticled scope. (never made)

So I am dreaming also and it better be a 22mag. LOL

Signalman