Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 07:32 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Sophia have the snowbirds started invading your area yet?

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2019, 07:42 PM
RichJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Anyone catch Neil deGrasse Tyson about Columbus?

http://http://youtu.be/H9CG07CzBTg

Rich

Can’t get it to imbed ;-(

Last edited by RichJ; 10-13-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Sophia have the snowbirds started invading your area yet?
Trickle started and in fact I have a lunch date with some Canadian acquaintances on the schedule for tomorrow. The big rush starts after Christmas with most delaying their departure so they can spend the holiday with family.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:13 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Um . . . . . .THOSE ARE CRANES!!!!
MI DNR biologist had a bit of chatter on a local "Ask The DNR Live" toob show about hunting em but it seems to have been tabled again. At least they didn't call em song birds like they do our protected mourning doves. They are an invasive pest to corn farmers here by gobbling the tender corn shoots in the spring leaving great bare areas in the corn fields. There was no mention of the permits issued to snipers to thin their numbers.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Trickle started and in fact I have a lunch date with some Canadian acquaintances on the schedule for tomorrow. The big rush starts after Christmas with most delaying their departure so they can spend the holiday with family.
With my job I know exactly when the snowbirds are back. My call volume goes up and usually they have accidentally filled their script back or forgot to turn off auto refill.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:36 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Mowed the lawn, ran the leaf blower to thin this year's crop of maple seeds crazy-coptering down into my turf.

Trimmed back some junipers and some other stuff...

Time for dinner!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-13-2019, 09:23 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Observation suggests to me that long hair on men is back as a fashion trend. Evolution of the man bun, I guess.

I cut TMIMITW's hair. While some men preen he doesn't care about his hair at all but threatens to start braiding it when it gets too long for him, meaning long enough that he has to brush it back to keep it off his ears.

Last edited by Sophia; 10-13-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:04 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
As luck had it, my timing was prescient & I arrived at the club just as four friends were about to go out for some sporty clays. They had two carts, but I walked, needing the exercise. Oldest of that group is 95, then one of my main hunting buds who is but 85 and then a couple of whippersnappers who are in their 60's, so I was third oldest. I shot 14 stations, shooting three simos from each, low gun and managed 87% and felt pretty darn good doing that. Ran the first five stations before having a hiccup. Sun was out, mid 70's and just a really nice afternoon for being on the dole.

Got back to the clubhouse to witness the cowbots being whacked by the Jets! Whot an embarrassment! They still need a real & effective general manager and a coach, for starters. I'm about done w/them for the season. Overpaid monsters that can't play when given the ball & not enough sense to take the golden chicken bones & other junk out of their noses so they might actually breathe. Disgusting.

Saints had a much better day.

Chargers look like theirs isn't getting any power, tonight. Perhaps the second half will prove more fortuitous?

Bought gas for $2.06 on the way out to the club and didn't have to fight for a spigot, but did wait for the gal in front of me to finish off-loading about 14 3L. Styrofoam cups that may have held about a kilo of something sugared in each previously. She had exited alright, apparently, but getting back in was a bit of an ordeal. It made me wince & her vehicle exited at a decided list, to port.

--

Glad you have that young lady home, AZ. Hope it proves an anomaly, but anymore there is honestly no telling, so I'll pray for her continued stability & no further occurrences.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:26 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When the Finn says my hair is starting to look good its off to the groomer.
Oh, I prune the hair around the tops of the ears a few times while the rest grows back some.
Oh oh, I prune my own beard IMA.

Good range report Wook.
Glad you mentioned the Bots needing a coach before I did. Calling for a field goal when his QB was throwing well with the goal line to go in less than 10 yds? Sheesh! No guts no glory.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:29 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
As luck had it, my timing was prescient & I arrived at the club just as four friends were about to go out for some sporty clays. They had two carts, but I walked, needing the exercise. Oldest of that group is 95, then one of my main hunting buds who is but 85 and then a couple of whippersnappers who are in their 60's, so I was third oldest. I shot 14 stations, shooting three simos from each, low gun and managed 87% and felt pretty darn good doing that. Ran the first five stations before having a hiccup. Sun was out, mid 70's and just a really nice afternoon for being on the dole.

Got back to the clubhouse to witness the cowbots being whacked by the Jets! Whot an embarrassment! They still need a real & effective general manager and a coach, for starters. I'm about done w/them for the season. Overpaid monsters that can't play when given the ball & not enough sense to take the golden accoutrements & other junk out of their noses so they might actually breathe. Disgusting.

Saints had a much better day.

Chargers look like theirs isn't getting any power, tonight. Perhaps the second half will prove more fortuitous?

Bought gas for $2.06 on the way out to the club and didn't have to fight for a spigot, but did wait for the gal in front of me to finish off-loading about 14 3L. Styrofoam cups that may have held about a kilo of something sugared in each previously. She had exited alright, apparently, but getting back in was a bit of an ordeal. It made me wince & her vehicle exited at a decided list, to port.

--

Glad you have that young lady home, AZ. Hope it proves an anomaly, but anymore there is honestly no telling, so I'll pray for her continued stability & no further occurrences.
1; it apparently involves math
Old 10-13-2019, 10:40 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
Trimmed back some junipers and some other stuff...
Making yer own gin these days, are ya(!)?

If its any good, I might buy a gallon, but please dispense w/the black & white cow worms, eh? We have limits down here & few things are either or, meaning it is or it ain't.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:52 PM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Regarding this week’s topic. Be careful if you mention “Columbus Day” near a teen. Or worse, directly to a teen.

It just so happens that our town does not have school tomorrow but that is in no way because of Columbus Day. Turns out they are exploring a trial run of four-day weeks for school. Every other Monday will remain an off day. But getting back to the topic of Columbus Day and woke teens. (first, excuse me while I put out this fire in my hair.)

Actually, there is no good way to report on this without stepping in political stink. So, I guess I got nothing…except to say you may get flamed terribly if you mention the C-word to certain, um, people.

I did my best to dance around this with a ten-foot pole. My apologies if I inadvertently incensed yet more people.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:22 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
With my job I know exactly when the snowbirds are back. My call volume goes up and usually they have accidentally filled their script back or forgot to turn off auto refill.

Yeah, dang ol' snowbirds are a real pain, huh?
Old 10-13-2019, 11:37 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rained and rained. More on the way. Sow food plots and it always rains afterwards.

Early out tomorrow AM. Inaugural run of the express bus to Raleigh at 6:45 AM. County Commissioner and County staff suppose to being doing the same.

jnyork, yes those snow birds are a pain. Are you already south or when do you leave?

Prayers for Splatz's roommate.

Caught up on all the DVR'd shows which was a lot. Have come to the conclusion. More commercial time now than the actual show.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, jnyork, Ranger, COW, Splatz, RichJ, Brent, 1917, Phil, 404, Wayne, dlong, koonta, Rock, Squirrel, Greggie, Hawkeye, Gerald, Mike, M92, Rock, TC, Atonic, GP, JDWin, IHMS, JV, Johnny, pans, RonL, Carrij, arjay, CMR, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 10-13-2019, 11:53 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Making yer own gin these days, are ya(!)?

If its any good, I might buy a gallon, but please dispense w/the black & white cow worms, eh? We have limits down here & few things are either or, meaning it is or it ain't.
Cow seeds:

You KNOW I'd have some...

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Closed Thread