The Watering Hole 10-14-2019 - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 04:52 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

In.

High point of dreary day was a bunch of geese I must have irritated when I came home. Sadly my camera didn't meter well so I only have outlines straight out of the camera. I *thought* I had it set for exposure bracketing. Used a bit of post processing to bring out details.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:09 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Put out some Halloween decorations on the front yard. Need to get some mums but my wife’s hibiscus growing down the railings won’t die. Next week I’ll do the mums. I'll do some orange and purple lights around the door as well. Grass always greens up nice in the fall.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1570997712
Very nice picture of the hacienda. Vertical too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
I'll check Safelite out, the F150 model I have has some proprietary stuff so may be more but certainly worth looking into.
I've got a 2009 F150 It's available with, and without the logo. It's a bit more with the logo.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:26 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In - finally! Had a the latest grand-brat here for the afternoon, at the ripe old age of 5 months. Just beginning to really make faces and react. Funnest age till they can run and play.

Range this morning, using up stray ammo in the Single Six, some LR and some WMR, to clear space in the safe. Also took the Sauer 32ACP - still as much fun to shoot as ever, thankfully. It is actually more accurate than the Beretta 81, despite being roughly twice the age.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 05:31 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
In.

High point of dreary day was a bunch of geese I must have irritated when I came home. Sadly my camera didn't meter well so I only have outlines straight out of the camera. I *thought* I had it set for exposure bracketing. Used a bit of post processing to bring out details.

Awesome!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-13-2019, 05:34 PM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
In.

Um . . . . . .THOSE ARE CRANES!!!!
Old 10-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Brent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Thanks for the Sig P365 info Sophia, Don and Frank. Looked at the xl Mike, just didn't prefer it myself. Sportsman's Warehouse is out of stock, but have some coming on a truck today. They will keep one back and call me when they're logged in. Probably will be tomorrow before I can get it since they close at 6pm today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wook
Mag Lula's (sp?) are your friend for those semi-auto pistol magazines! Watching Hickok 45 using one is whot convinced me & I have been happy about the purchase ever since. They can be a bear otherwise and the wear & tear saved on your hands, not to mention frustration is just amazing.
I saw the same video years ago wook and bought one. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57
I hope you can keep the migraines at bay.

Sportsman's Warehouse just took over the local Field & Stream a few days ago according to the local news. Out past the other end of town that I try to stay away from. The next time I have to go that way I'm going to take a look.
Thanks Hawkeye!

I'm going to enjoy having the Sportsman's Warehouse close by. I usually had to drive about 30 minutes to an Academy Sports for some of my ammo. Since SW is close, I can go there instead. The guy at Sportsman's Warehouse told me their ammo sales skyrocketed after Walmart's ammo announcement. Good for them! I told them that they have my business now.

Brent
Old 10-13-2019, 05:42 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
I thought they sounded funny. Thanks!

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:08 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
In.

Quote:
https://bestyummyrecipes.wordpress.c...crane-nuggets/

AKA "Ribeye in the sky".

Nope. Never had it, just got a kick out of "um......THOSE ARE CRANES!!!!"

Curiousity kills cats and Gregs soooooo I googled up a recipe as a joke. Nope, not a joke. Ribeye in the sky........
Old 10-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Typical. Got lost and refused to ask for directions.
Did,nt he have a wife or two to tell him where to go, or to get away from ?
Old 10-13-2019, 06:16 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I'm a free market guy if you like one brand better than another that's all good by me, no need to apologize to me.

The 6 inch rule would get me another windshield the loop is close to 10 inches and still growing, really not in the drivers vision but if I have to I'll likely replace it myself, I believe the guy that replaced it last time said its something like $360-400.
I buy extra insurance coverage just for glass. IIRC about $12 a year.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:19 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Was supposed to go spend the day with the daughter and grandson but stayed in bed instead. Still nasty headache. Migraines and their aftermath suck mightily they do. Wife went on without me, grumbling and fussing. When she's in pain the world stops, but I'm expected to shrug it off and go on. I wish that I didn't have problems but so far no genie has appeared to grant such.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
The 6 inch rule would get me another windshield the loop is close to 10 inches and still growing, really not in the drivers vision but if I have to I'll likely replace it myself, I believe the guy that replaced it last time said its something like $360-400.
State laws differ so worth czeching but here at the Raggedy Edge law requires insurers to include glass replacement at no extra charge. Safety issue and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
I had mine done at Safelite. I read some scary reviews, but was on a budget, and they were $70 cheaper than the nearest competitor.

I had a great experience. I watched the entire process. They were clean, and respected my vehicle. They vacuumed the entire truck cab before they pulled it out of the bay. I'd use them again.
Safelite did mine and likewise had a great experience.

Quote:
I'll check Safelite out, the F150 model I have has some proprietary stuff so may be more but certainly worth looking into.
Tech on the phone told me when I inquired that factory original glass was spec-ed on vehicles three years or younger and aftermarket glass after that. In all cases any of the shading/tinting and gadgetry connections on the glass were included but always worth czeching ahead of time.

Kat Timpf just pointed out I now have a socially-acceptable reason to not watch basketball games. As she said, before it just made her a weirdo; now she's a freedom loving activist.

A shootin' buddy tells me he has ordered what many are claiming is the "next great thing" -- a frankenrifle from Vudoo Gun Works. I'm looking forward to a chance to czech one out in person and maybe do some side-by-side shooting with my Borg Rifle.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404tbang View Post
https://bestyummyrecipes.wordpress.c...crane-nuggets/

AKA "Ribeye in the sky".

Nope. Never had it, just got a kick out of "um......THOSE ARE CRANES!!!!"

Curiousity kills cats and Gregs soooooo I googled up a recipe as a joke. Nope, not a joke. Ribeye in the sky........
Tens of thousands of them migrate into the valley down below me for the winter. They spend the evenings in the wetlands that develop during the late-summer/fall monsoon and spend the days in the corn fields. The racket they make is unbelievable.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:43 PM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
I thought they sounded funny. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Tens of thousands of them migrate into the valley down below me for the winter. They spend the evenings in the wetlands that develop during the late-summer/fall monsoon and spend the days in the corn fields. The racket they make is unbelievable.
Yeah, more of an exciting sighting here in the Atlantic Flyway than farther out west.

Racket, AKA avian vocalizations
Old 10-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Racket, AKA avian vocalizations
Literally thousands of them all yakking at the same time. Mayhaps I'll schlep the camera down there for some videography when they start arriving. Shouldn't be much longer.

Two weeks ago I was refilling three hummingbird feeders at least daily. I've had only one up lately and it takes three or four days to go empty.