Old 10-12-2019, 08:49 PM
SLS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky9x22 View Post
SLS,
Thank you sir for the info! I keep thinking the 20" will suit my needs better for a woods gun and paper puncher!
Rick
I’m happy with mine, but I know of Americans that really shoot well also. Either one would be good, but I already have a 452 Trainer, so I wanted a bull barrel.

Last edited by SLS; 10-12-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:17 AM
OldNeatStuff
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got lucky and got a MTR not long after they were released. Didn't need to pay retail either. Then I got a Varmint. Both rifles shoot better than me.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:07 AM
bowwild

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I bought a 457 Youth Carbine. It has a 12" LOP. I bought it thinking it will be ideal for my grand children. They aren't quite big enough yet to get behind it, but they will soon.

I put a very economical Monstrum scope on the rifle (2x7). Something I wouldn't normally even consder, but I wanted something I wouldn't be bothered about if the child was unkind to it.

I've only put about 20 rounds through this little rifle so far. I sighted it in at 50 yards and then shot three groups as seen on this target. I was shooting my newest Annie and this rifle...high end to low end among my rifles. My bench was a patio table and I continued to have to shift my hold between shots so not a fair trial, but you can see the little 57 shot very well with the CCI Sub-sonic. I used the method of measuring from the center of the two furthest bullet holes. 5-shot groups.

By the way, this was the first time I've ever shot for groups, with any rimfire, at anything past 30-35 yards.

The other rifle in the picture is my newest 1712 with McMillan stock with I love.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anschutz and CZ 457.jpg (425.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Target with Data.jpg (405.1 KB, 29 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 08:49 AM
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=OldNeatStuff;11637055]I got lucky and got a MTR not long after they were released. Didn't need to pay retail either. Then I got a Varmint. Both rifles shoot better than me. [/QUOT

I have the same.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:16 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ended up with an American in .22mag.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:54 AM
CaptBill252

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First CZ was a 457 Match Target Rifle. That started the madness.

Held a 457 American..... And couldn't let go.

Slipped around and bought a 457 Trainer because my "stash " was burning a hole in my pocket.

FINALLY found a 457 AT-One with the 24 inch barrel. The gun I wanted originally to be the first CZ.

Now looking a 457 Lux with "lottery" wood.

Hopefully a 452 Grand Finale for Christmas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1904.jpg (553.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 10-13-2019, 10:58 AM
Pastprime
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (121)
Bought a 457 Lux .22LR first to shoot in scoped and iron sight matches. It was a little hard to shoot from bags because of the narrow forend. Traded it for a 457 Varmint .22LR. Much easier to shoot but the trigger was only about 1 lb. with the YoDave spring. Traded back for the Lux (8 oz. factory trigger). Started shooting it from a Caldwell Tackdriver bag and its a lot more stable. Both rifles shot about the same with a sight edge to the Varmint but neither has had over 500 rounds through them. I'll keep the Lux because of the trigger and it's versatility. Luckily I use a dealer who doesn't try to get rich off each transaction.......

Hank
Old 10-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Jackfre

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
SLS sir it's called college fees, room and board for my youngest...I have four daughters second oldest graduated Perdue University and third one is done with Cordon Bleu Cooking school and the youngest is still in college down there in West Palm Beach Florida...it's going to be a while before I can get one now...it's not like I don't have anything to play with.

Signalman
Four daughters! Lucky man!
Old 10-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Srb08

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
457 Varmit, .22lr.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:49 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastprime View Post
Bought a 457 Lux .22LR first to shoot in scoped and iron sight matches. It was a little hard to shoot from bags because of the narrow forend. Traded it for a 457 Varmint .22LR. Much easier to shoot but the trigger was only about 1 lb. with the YoDave spring. Traded back for the Lux (8 oz. factory trigger). Started shooting it from a Caldwell Tackdriver bag and its a lot more stable. Both rifles shot about the same with a sight edge to the Varmint but neither has had over 500 rounds through them. I'll keep the Lux because of the trigger and it's versatility. Luckily I use a dealer who doesn't try to get rich off each transaction.......

Hank
Fred's got to be loving you Hank...

I hadn't planned on getting a 457 initially then ran up on a nice 457 Varmint with some very nice wood and a equally nice price and the old Wood Ho' kicked in and I had one.

And the even better news is it shoots better than it looks so far.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:25 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
CZ 457s - Initial Plan

Initially wanted the Varmint MTR and was lucky to find one early on and am very satisfied with the purchase. .

Next on the list was the Varmint At-One but a Lux ( 22 LR) with some decent wood got in the way. Another - very satisfied with the purchase.

Then back to the original plan to purchase the At-One with a 24 barrel in 22 LR. Another . . (I really like that new 24 Varmint barrel)

So I got the two I initially wanted and the Lux with nice wood was just to nice to walk away from. Accuracy is very good on all three. No plans for another . . . But we all know how that goes.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:42 PM
lv2fish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
457 Lux 22 Mag.
I think its fantastic.
May end up with a few more over time.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:29 PM
twister1969
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a 457 Varmint, going to get a 457 At-one as soon as I can.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:51 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post

And the even better news is it shoots better than it looks so far.
Its a looker and a shooter.
Time to put up a feeder for the limb chickens, err, tweeties, Gerald.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:30 PM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As soon as I found out the Varmint MTR had a minimum spec chamber, I wanted one. It was a couple of photos of the 457 American that got me paying attention to the new line of CZ RF rifles, and since I couldn't find a MTR, I bought an American with nice wood. It took a few months before I happened to be here when I got an email from one of the wholesalers I have an account with, saying that they'd just received several of the MTRs, and I managed to snag one. The stock wasn't anywhere close to as stunning as some of the CZs that Gerald has managed to find, but it's decent in my eyes - there's some minor figure in the buttstock, but the nicer figure is up front in the forend (where it's likely more of a liability than an asset), and it shot so much better than the American did...

Eventually, I replaced the American's factory with a Shilen select match ratchet rifled blank, which I fitted, chambered, finished, and glued into the action with Loctite #609 - and it shoots about as good as I'd hoped it would. I was so satisfied with the first Shilen that I decided to put another one on the MTR. So here they are - semi-custom 457s that satisfied my desire for very accurate CZs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1215.jpg (338.8 KB, 23 views)