Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:50 PM
squirrelsniper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Which 457 did you end up with?

I remember back when the CZ 457 was just being released, Signalman1 asked what model everyone was wanting. So I'm just curious if you have gotten what you wanted.

For me, I said I wanted a Varmint Precision Trainer (22LR of course), but would settle for a Pro Varmint in 22LR. I ended up kind of "splitting the difference" and getting a 457 AT-ONE in 22LR with 16.5" barrel. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on getting enough free time to test it out
Old 10-12-2019, 06:34 PM
marlin maddness

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Precision Trainer .22 LR Finally found some ammo that shoots very well RWS Special Match
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191012_182041.jpg (489.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 10-12-2019, 06:46 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am new to CZ's and the 457 American that I just took possession of is my first. I bought it to see what all the "fuss" was about thinking I would swap barrels to a Lilja 17 Mach II as a squirrel killer. I am still on that track but now that I have seen the test target for this gun (22 LR) and read more about the heavy barreled models (MTR/Varmint) I am really thinking I need one of those also.

As I age and am less capable of running the woods I have allowed myself to settle into a less aggressive hunter and now lean more towards self satisfaction on targets. Shooting paper has become more prevalent then shooting hair.... Though I do love me some squirrels.

JMHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2019, 06:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
None yet but I do know what I want.

A 457 Lux in 22mag.

Signalman
Old 10-12-2019, 06:54 PM
SLS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
None yet but I do know what I want.

A 457 Lux in 22mag.

Signalman
I’m amazed you haven’t gotten one yet, with the incredible collection that you have.
I myself, have a Varmint.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Trapdoor1888
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Which 457

First - MTR then luck to get a At One . Just like a double Christmas morning.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:01 PM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From the beginning I wanted the 457 Varmint in .22lr, if I could find one. I'd put an order together of (5) other .22lr firearms back in January, but still hadn't found a 457-V. I went ahead and ordered the others anyway, then a day, or a few days later, I found one at Classic Firearms and had it sent to the same dealer. I would of preferred the Varmint to have the MTR's match chamber, but I'm happy with it as is, so far. I wish I could say I've shot it a lot, but only once to date. Hopefully this will change in the coming days, or weeks? I think the long wait to shoot it again, is well worth it as I finally have a half way decent rest (Stinger) to use now. Without a rest I'd have no idea how accurate the rifle is as I suck shouldering them, and also when using homemade bag(s) at the rear (with a Harris bi-pod), both prone.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CZ 457V_0015.jpg (155.3 KB, 393 views)

Last edited by LoneWolfSS454; 10-12-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Iím amazed you havenít gotten one yet, with the incredible collection that you have.
SLS sir it's called college fees, room and board for my youngest...I have four daughters second oldest graduated Perdue University and third one is done with Cordon Bleu Cooking school and the youngest is still in college down there in West Palm Beach Florida...it's going to be a while before I can get one now...it's not like I don't have anything to play with.

Signalman
Old 10-12-2019, 07:19 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
SLS sir it's called college fees, room and board for my youngest...I have four daughters second oldest graduated Perdue University and third one is done with Cordon Bleu Cooking school and the youngest is still in college down there in West Palm Beach Florida...it's going to be a while before I can get one now...it's not like I don't have anything to play with.

Signalman
Thatís for sure. Yes, reality does rear itís ugly head from time to time. But your priorities are where they should be. If youíre ever in the Philly area, Iíll supply the 457 and the ammo.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Thatís for sure. Yes, reality does rear itís ugly head from time to time. But your priorities are where they should be. If youíre ever in the Philly area, Iíll supply the 457 and the ammo.
You got it...but I first have to stop by Sanduski Ohio to see my best friend here. Then we can have a glass of tea and shoot a little bit. That is only 2600 miles from my house to yours. No Problem be there tomorrow. LOL

Signalman
Old 10-12-2019, 08:06 PM
Rimfiregal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
About the time the 457 was first announced, I was in our local shop and the owner, knowing I was a CZ fan, asked me what was new in the CZ world. Told him the 457. He asked me which one he should order, all the while with a smile on his face. Not that I would buy it, of course. (We both chuckled.) I told him he might as well go for it and order the MTR.

Later that week, I was in the the store, again, and sure enough, he pulled the MTR from behind the counter. Gorgeous wood. How could I pass it up?

I hit the jackpot on more than just the wood on this MTR. It's a rare 22 rifle that can be counted to shoot in the .20s and even the .teens at 50 yards for 5 shots on a good day, right out of the box with nothing more than the factory trigger adjustments, but this one can with RWS Rifle Match. Puts it right there with an Anschutz 54 I once had. Luck of the draw? To some extent, for sure, but the MTR is a great bench design. Not for sale, ever.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:08 PM
ricky9x22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntschool View Post
I am new to CZ's and the 457 American that I just took possession of is my first. I bought it to see what all the "fuss" was about thinking I would swap barrels to a Lilja 17 Mach II as a squirrel killer. I am still on that track but now that I have seen the test target for this gun (22 LR) and read more about the heavy barreled models (MTR/Varmint) I am really thinking I need one of those also.

As I age and am less capable of running the woods I have allowed myself to settle into a less aggressive hunter and now lean more towards self satisfaction on targets. Shooting paper has become more prevalent then shooting hair.... Though I do love me some squirrels.

JMHO
huntschool,
I belive that there are a lot of us here that are in the same shoes you are in and now days just enjoy getting out and shooting whenever we can! Like you, I would must rather shoot squirrels, but paper/steel is fun too!
Rick
Old 10-12-2019, 08:10 PM
ricky9x22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Iím amazed you havenít gotten one yet, with the incredible collection that you have.
SLS,
how is that Varmint shooting for you! I'm leaning toward it more than the American!
Rick
Old 10-12-2019, 08:32 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky9x22 View Post
SLS,
how is that Varmint shooting for you! I'm leaning toward it more than the American!
Rick
It shoots good. Iíve done .375 5 shot groups at 50 yards with SK Standard +
I put a YoDave spring in it and it breaks at around 12oz.
Havenít tried really good ammo yet, so Iím pretty sure it can do better, but Iím not competing with it.
Iím think about having it Devcon bedded.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:45 PM
ricky9x22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
It shoots good. Iíve done .375 5 shot groups at 50 yards with SK Standard +
I put a YoDave spring in it and it breaks at around 12oz.
Havenít tried really good ammo yet, so Iím pretty sure it can do better, but Iím not competing with it.
Iím think about having it Devcon bedded.
SLS,
Thank you sir for the info! I keep thinking the 20" will suit my needs better for a woods gun and paper puncher!
Rick