Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-11-2019, 05:19 PM
Xrperry

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Winchester model 60a

I have a question, what type of muzzle crown is on a sporter with the finger groove stock? And what do you think the value of one is in fair shape
Old 10-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Big Larry
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrperry View Post
I have a question, what type of muzzle crown is on a sporter with the finger groove stock? And what do you think the value of one is in fair shape
Flat muzzle. No crown. Blued muzzle. Mine is pretty nice and I gave $450 for it. A tad high, but hard to find these in any condition but poor. Big Larry
Old 10-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Xrperry

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, the shop wants 175, I don't know how to grade a gun but it sounded a little high
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2019, 12:03 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a really nice one last July at a firearms estate sale . I paid $350.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Johnymango

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$175 isn't a bad price. I see them go from $100-$200 depending on condition on online auctions.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Big Larry
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
There was a M60-A target rifle with original Kerr sling on a Web Site recently for close to $1,000. One of the rarest standard model 22's. It was like new. I would have been a player but I already have a very nice one. It too has the Kerr Sling.
$175 seems like a good deal for a M60-A Sporter if it is all original and correct. Big Larry
Old 10-30-2019, 11:36 PM
GlacierBlue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cool Winchester 60A

Greetings, I just joined this list because it may hold the answers to some of my questions, and because the list participants have a wealth of knowledge. I have a model 60A that I picked up awhile back and I have just got around to going through it to clean it up and do what repairs are needed. Try as I might I can't find any repair manuals on the model; no exploded drawings; no how to disassemble and reassemble the rifle. Are there any written books or articles available you could direct me to? I would like to get it back into a shooter, so I'll most likely re-blue the metal and refinish the stock. Any thoughts would be of great help.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2019, 08:09 AM
pastorobbi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierBlue View Post
Greetings, I just joined this list because it may hold the answers to some of my questions, and because the list participants have a wealth of knowledge. I have a model 60A that I picked up awhile back and I have just got around to going through it to clean it up and do what repairs are needed. Try as I might I can't find any repair manuals on the model; no exploded drawings; no how to disassemble and reassemble the rifle. Are there any written books or articles available you could direct me to? I would like to get it back into a shooter, so I'll most likely re-blue the metal and refinish the stock. Any thoughts would be of great help.
Thanks
It's pretty easy to work on the model 60. Not many parts.

Here's a link to a manual if you're interested:

http://www.homestead-service.com/cart/pid_64.htm

Rob
Old 10-31-2019, 08:11 AM
killerv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
nothing to them really, the only real dissasembly is with the bolt if absolutely necessary, unless you are refinishing the bolt or need to replace a spring, I would worry about it.

I picked one up for 100 with the stock busted in a couple places. Repaired and refinished the stock, cleaned up the metal. Glad to have it. The only one I have ever seen in person.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:28 AM
Cranky 2
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
No reason to take the bolt apart unless as stated a spring is broken. I find a good cleaning will get rid of the old dried oil and gunk. Place it in a small glass dish cover with kroil and leave for a few days. Brush with an old tooth brush after a couple of days to remove loosened crap.When clean spray down with gun scrubber, blow dry with air and oil lightly.
Have a great day
Jay
Old 10-31-2019, 10:48 AM
GlacierBlue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you Rob. That's exactly what I was looking for. I've ordered the e version (I don't believe they have a printed version). I realize the take-down is not overly complicated, but what I was trying to avoid is a misstep which would break or damage one or more parts (I have been known for that).
Old 10-31-2019, 10:50 AM
GlacierBlue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The bolt is one of the problems. Whoever owned this rifle before used some heavy grease that over the years has congealed and makes the bolt hard to operate. I will start with a good cleaning before I decide to strip the bolt.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:54 AM
GlacierBlue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jay I appreciate your thoughts and will try degreasing the bolt first. I might mention that the bolt would not release the trigger since the trigger was not in contact with the sear. So clean first, then investigate. Good thoughts!
Old 10-31-2019, 03:06 PM
GlacierBlue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 60A Before Photos

I will be making this great little .22 into a shooter again and wanted to share some of the before photos. Whats the best way to attach photos to these postings?
DVC
Fred
Old 10-31-2019, 05:33 PM
Cranky 2
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The trigger needs to be pushed forward when putting the rifle into the stock. It drops in and slides back.
Jay