Ruger Mark iv hunter volquartsen kit - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Ruger Mark iv hunter volquartsen kit

I just got new hunter Mark iv I put volquartsen accurizing kit in it trigger was 6 lbs after the kit it is 2 lbs actually better than my model 41 I never thought I would say that
Old 10-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That kit makes a world of difference.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:02 PM
Joe A.
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit in my Mark IV Hunter. All I can say is it shoots like a laser.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 11:09 PM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Volquartsen makes all the difference in the world on the Mark Pistols. I have two with Volquartsen on both my Mark IV's, trigger is as good as my 41 after I adjusted the Trigger poundage in the 41 to as light as it would let me adjust it.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:00 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Here is a picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 355988B9-B526-4EC3-8FEC-29A662403401_1571144379570.jpg (329.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-15-2019, 09:54 AM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Put some optics on that beauty and shoot the heck out of her.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:30 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The volquartsen accurizing kit is the best thing I did to my Mark IV. The trigger is now 1 lb 2 oz. I agree, it is better than my model 41 was.

I used the tandemkross victory trigger .
Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Theo98

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
The volquartsen accurizing kit is the best thing I did to my Mark IV. The trigger is now 1 lb 2 oz. I agree, it is better than my model 41 was. I used the tandemkross victory trigger .
Ditto...My MkIV Hunter is 1# 2 oz, with break-like-glass action...Super Sweet target trigger!
Old 10-20-2019, 04:39 PM
tjweeks

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was Inspired

I just had my Mark 4 out for cleaning. I also have the Volq. accurizing kit on it so I pulled out the wheeler trigger pull device and sure enough it pulled at 1.25 five times in a row. I was surprised because I had thought it was like 2.something. Great gun and great trigger kit.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yes I think volquartsen kits for Mark iv are lighter than there previous Mark ii and iii I was wondering if because they included trigger discount bar with these kits ?
Old 10-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My two cents: The Volquartson kit turns a good gun into a great one.

Using a 1 1/2 x scope shooting off sandbags on a good bench I can do 1 1/4- 1/2" groups at 25 yards with CCI-SV even with cataracts and essential tremors. That might not sound like much to younger shooters but it's great to me and I can't do it with any other pistol I own.

Last edited by Arrowhead; 10-21-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:31 PM
TireurdElite

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi folks,
First time gun owner here and first post to this forum although I’ve been reading it for a while and decided on the Mark iv target based on the excellent feedback here.

I’m considering an upgrade with the accurizing kit for a smoother/lighter trigger action but I’d prefer to keep the magazine disconnect given I’m new to gun ownership and find some comfort in that extra safety mechanism.

Is that a possibility or does installation necessarily require removing the magazine disconnect? I also see they will do the install for $70. Wondering if anyone has any experience with that service.
Thx
Old 10-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Theo98

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello TE and Welcome to the RFC MkIV Forum!

Congrats on your MkIV Target acquisition...Nice Shooter! If desired, Yes you can keep the mag disconnect in place. For a good friend's MkIV 22/45 Lite, I kept his Mag Disconnect in place and dropped in just an adjustable TK trigger and the Volquartsen MkIV Sear + Disconnector (partial kit). He's very happy with his 2# smooth, crisp and minimum travel trigger pull and claims much more success hitting bullseyes (this being his first pistol)!

If you want VQ to perform the kit installation but keep the mag dis. in place, I'm sure they would oblige (although I'd ask for return of extra VQ kit components for future use)!

However, many members here (including little ole me) have found the VQ kit install not difficult, but straight forward. There are several good U-tube videos that help getting through the component part replacement process task much easier (VQ kit has drop-in parts)!!

Ted
Old 10-21-2019, 05:14 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
Hello TE and Welcome to the RFC MkIV Forum!

Congrats on your MkIV Target acquisition...Nice Shooter! If desired, Yes you can keep the mag disconnect in place. For a good friend's MkIV 22/45 Lite, I kept his Mag Disconnect in place and dropped in just an adjustable TK trigger and the Volquartsen MkIV Sear + Disconnector (partial kit). He's very happy with his 2# smooth, crisp and minimum travel trigger pull and claims much more success hitting bullseyes (this being his first pistol)!

If you want VQ to perform the kit installation but keep the mag dis. in place, I'm sure they would oblige (although I'd ask for return of extra VQ kit components for future use)!

However, many members here (including little ole me) have found the VQ kit install not difficult, but straight forward. There are several good U-tube videos that help getting through the component part replacement process task much easier (VQ kit has drop-in parts)!!

Ted
Theo,

I cant remember , but I thought my mag disconnect was somehow attached the my Ruger hammer. Would he need to run the Ruger hammer in place if the VQ to keep the disconnect? I remember it all coming out in one piece. Perhaps it comes apart and can be reused on the VQ assembly?
Old 10-21-2019, 06:06 PM
Theo98

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
Theo,

I cant remember , but I thought my mag disconnect was somehow attached the my Ruger hammer. Would he need to run the Ruger hammer in place if the VQ to keep the disconnect? I remember it all coming out in one piece. Perhaps it comes apart and can be reused on the VQ assembly?
Yes, to keep the mag disconnect in place, you have to keep using the MkIV Ruger Hammer!

If the full VQ accurizing kit is purchased, but the mag dis. is to "remain in place", then the VQ hammer (actually, a MkII hammer), hammer bushing and spacer rings would be "extra parts" just laying around, as you would keep those Ruger components installed!

However, I was able to purchase just the VQ sear+disconnector for my friend and my MkIV's...use to be a simple parts kit discontinued by VQ in May, 2018 (but maybe still available HERE)!

Ted