Fire Wolf 10-40x50 Long Range Rifle scope - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:10 AM
ibbuckshot
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fire Wolf 10-40x50 Long Range Rifle scope

Greeting folks,
Just wondering if any of you folks have had a chance to check out one of these Fire Wolf 10-40x50 scopes for your 22 LR yet. I am using an 8-32 Muller target dot, Burris signature rings and EGW 20 moa scope base but seemed to have run out of evaluation adjustment at the 200 yard line...... What advice do you guys have for stretching things out to 300 or 400 yards......
Have fun,
buckshot
Old 10-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Aim high 🏹
Old 10-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Garry
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use aluminum foil and shim up the rear of the scope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Aim high 🏹
Or a different caliber gun.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM
MarkS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbuckshot View Post
Greeting folks,
Just wondering if any of you folks have had a chance to check out one of these Fire Wolf 10-40x50 scopes for your 22 LR yet. I am using an 8-32 Muller target dot, Burris signature rings and EGW 20 moa scope base but seemed to have run out of evaluation adjustment at the 200 yard line...... What advice do you guys have for stretching things out to 300 or 400 yards......
Have fun,
buckshot
The Muller's has 40 MOA of adjustment. do you have the scope at the bottom of it adjustment with the Sig. ring. Must of the time you can get close to the bottom with the Sig. rings. I have a SWFA SS 20X with 110 MOA of a ajustment for $300.00. I can go out to 500 yds with my set up.

Mark
Old 10-20-2019, 06:42 PM
RockDoc65
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
You're almost there.

I have Burris Signature rings and use a total of 35 MOA at 300. I do have a fair bit of "up" left in the scope but our range only goes to 300 meters (330 yards-ish). I'm not sure if my set up could get to 400.

Since you already have 20 MOA in your base and you can add up to 40 more with the rings you will have plenty with your existing gear. If you go too far sometimes you can't zero at 50 yards anymore. Get a set of off-set inserts for those rings if you don't have them already and start experimenting. I'd start with 35 MOA total and work from there.

Pro-Tip: If your scope has a zero stop make sure it is defeated in some way when you are zeroing at close range. Zero stops are awesome but if you lose situational awareness they can trick you into thinking your scope is bottomed out when it isn't. Learned that all by myself without reading the manual.

P.S. I did a little more research on Fire Wolf scopes. For starters when I went to their web page I immediately got a security alert from my browser. I made sure I was in the right place. I was. When looking for the model scope you mentioned I could not find it. Instead I found references to unlocked cell phones and other electronics. Their web page is a shambles. I tried another tactic and instead looked for reviews. The scope has bad image quality past about the 20x marking. I say "marking" because the 10-40 power scope turns out to be closer to a 4-24 power scope. So the 20X marking was only about 10X. Scope did not outright fail the "box-test" but let's be fair and call it a "trapezoid-test." (Remember that bird feeder we made in shop class in middle school?)

Wading into the deep waters of long range shooting with this level of scope may be an exercise in frustration. When you push an inexpensive scope to it's limits, like you will have to cranking turrets from a zero-range to 400 yards, it will likely fail.

But I say press on. Call it a proof of concept experiment. At the very least you will find out if this is a style of shooting you want to pursue further. You'll find out if you want better glass, more or less power, side parallax or AO, MOA vs MIL systems, 1" tube or 30mm or 34mm, different style turrets. I started with a 10X Bushnell with Mil/Mil and worked up. Good luck.

Last edited by RockDoc65; 10-20-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:14 PM
ibbuckshot
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RockDoc65,
After doing some more research on this Fire Wolf I am in agreement with you.....I am finding more and more imported JUNK out there. That is why I thought I would put the question out to the masses....Some of my fellow shooter and I am using the 8-32x44 Muller target with fairly good results. Some of us retired old guys are not getting too much overtime these days forcing some of us become watchful of where and how it's being spent....