Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:24 AM
D1kco

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bushnell XLT 4-12X40 dimensions

G'day,

if anyone has a Bushnell XLT 4-12X40 AO handy, can they please whip out a set of callipers and let me know the measurements of the objective and eyebox?

Have a Ruger 77/17 in 17HMR sitting at the gunshop with this scope on it. Standard issue rings. It looked OK however I'd like to investigate a few other options.

In particular the Burris Droptine 4.5-14x42 or similar spec.

Thanks!

Regards,
Dicko.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:45 PM
jcc273

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bushnell Trophy XLT 4-12x40
Objective outside diameter = 2.055" or 52.2mm
Occular outside diameter = 1.720" or 43.7mm

Mine came with Butler Creek flip up caps which is ridiculous on an AO scope, and add more to the diameter.

Length is 12.75"

I don't have this mounted on anything at the moment because eye relief is very tight and I have a short neck

Here's my notes for this scope:
Good: Holds zero, Adjustable Objective, Turrets have good tactile click. Turret caps are metal. Tracking is good.
Indifferent: Glass Quality is pretty good with a bit of fish-eye at low mag, Butler creek flip-up lens covers are useless. 3x zoom.
Bad: Eye Relief and eyebox in general is small and precise and probably less than the advertised 3.5". 0 reset is really bad. Turret numbers are really small.
Overall: I want to like this scope. I'm going to need to order some turret-zero screws if I can, because these are easily damaged or lost.
Going to try different rings because I can't move it further back and eyebox is so small I'm breaking my neck to try to get a good
sight picture.

-Jim
Old 10-14-2019, 04:02 PM
D1kco

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fantastic reply, thanks Jim!

Perhaps I might be wrong about the ring height on the rifle - few posts here have led me to believe an ocular diameter of 1.6".

I'll be looking for a little better than the XLT however this information is great!

Regards,
Dicko.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2019, 04:27 PM
D1kco

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've upgraded to the 17WSM too

Regards,
Dicko.