Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:52 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Star Lancer ?

Vintage compact .22 semi-automatic handgun my Brother recently purchased. He has soft spots for Stars (now long discontinued) and small handguns and this one hits both of them. We shot it this past weekend (1st time) and were very happy with the small groups standard Remington Golden bullets had with it.

It was short range (approx. 25 feet) but four shots in a group less than a dime - I'll take that ! The impacts did not coincide with the sights, but that can be crudely worked on.

Not many of these were imported, just wanted to put that out there in case you run into one.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:46 PM
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ever see the target version with the 6-inch barrel? I hear they were as accurate as pistols costing several times more.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:16 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
No, I never heard of that model. In fact, this Lancer was the 1st one I have ever seen in person. Thanks for that information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 09:55 AM
2152hq

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lancer was an alloy frame version of the Model F. The grip was shorter on the Lancer. The Lancer bbl was a bit shorter than the standard short bbl offered on the Model F.

The Model F was (still is) extremely popular. Made in Standard, Sport and Target versions.
Lots of F variations. BBl profile and length, sights, finishes, ect.
AFAIK, the only variations the Lancer was offered in were plated finish.

The Last of the Model F (Model FM ?) had a hold open after the last shot, all the earlier ones did not. I don't think the Lancer ever had one.

Great pistols as far as I'm concerned. Wish I still had one of my Lancer's.
Still have 3 Model F's, but sold the early Target Model.

On any of the F or Lancer pistols, be sure and lift the slide up high enough during take down when removing it (sliding it forward and off of the frame) so the bottom portion does not touch and scar the top of the breech on the frame.

Also the recoil spring has a definate front and back end to it. One end is slightly larger in dia than the other.
The smaller dia end goes in and butts up against the frame.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:45 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'll have to keep an eye out for one of these. I have a Star Firestar .45 Carry weapon and it is one of my favorite pistols. Amazingly accurate, solidly built, and never a hiccup with any of the ammo I've fed it, including hollowpoints.
Rumor has it they stopped producing them because they were just too expensive to produce and sell at a profit given the competition...

Bob
Old 10-14-2019, 07:29 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post
Ever see the target version with the 6-inch barrel? I hear they were as accurate as pistols costing several times more.
I had the opportunity to shoot one of those a few decades ago. The mechanical accuracy was good but the trigger was not as good as the typical match pistols that I am used to. The Star F22 Sport and Target pistols are well made guns.