Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:54 PM
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning 1911-22 Range Gun Used

I have found a Black Label rental gun for sale by the range. Actually I asked them if they would sell it.......$200 + neighborhood. The gun has been shot a lot and shows it. The slide paint job looks as if it has been dropped on a gravel road about twenty times.....and then kicked it down the road. There is no damage to the gun other than cosmetics. I am sure that after several thousand rounds there would be things that need attention. Honestly, I was stunned when I saw the cosmetics. If that is from controlled range use for several thousands of rounds, what are any of them going to look like after a few years use. I am open to thoughts, suggestions and warnings....so lock and load away ! Thanks
Old 10-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Range guns are usually horribly abused, mine has held up very well. However, $200?! That's cheeky...

You can buy a new one for $385
Old 10-04-2019, 07:52 AM
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where have you found one for $385?
Has anyone restored one?
Where is a good source for aftermarket parts?
Finally, is it possible to strip and polish the slide?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 08:37 AM
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just saw a video which answered my fourth question, so I know that is possible. I actually enjoy restoring old guns. This Browning, while not old, sure looks like it! Still, I would appreciate any insight y'all might have. Thanks
Old 10-19-2019, 02:39 PM
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Two days ago I bought a new one from the shop that had the rental gun. I got a 2019 Shot Show model that is beautiful and has digested everything I've thrown her way. I was in the shop this morning and saw the rental 1911-22, just hanging there, dirty and lonely. Next week I think I might try to take her home and restore her to her rightful function.