Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:07 PM
firedontherim
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to firedontherim
Remington 513T Matchmaster

Hi Folk's, Question: Were these ever offered as surplus? I noticed Bud's offered these at one time used while searching the web. A local shop has one complete (Both target sights) listed as "bore good, finish very good" $475 + Tax. Thank's for any info-Dave
Old 09-30-2019, 08:18 PM
dustoffer
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Yes--the DCM sold them to folks at one time--and that's not a totally bad price if it is complete and "as advertised"
Old 09-30-2019, 09:22 PM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedontherim View Post
Hi Folk's, Question: Were these ever offered as surplus? I noticed Bud's offered these at one time used while searching the web. A local shop has one complete (Both target sights) listed as "bore good, finish very good" $475 + Tax. Thank's for any info-Dave
CMP released the last of these 8ish years ago.

I was glad to get the one I got, but it was a little rough:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2019, 06:23 AM
firedontherim
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thank's for the replies Folk's. Their closed on Mondays, this gun was new on their site. This guy has a lot of cool stuff, but his prices generally keep me from going in. About ten minutes away, think I'll go look. Any ideas where they came from? Thank's-Dave
Old 10-01-2019, 07:41 AM
schutzen-jager
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
if it is a CMP issued one $ 475.00 seems overpriced to me - - Springfield Sporters in PA. sold a large quantity of them brought back from Columbia + a few sold by Ye Olde Hunter that came back from Israel - the foreign marked + pristine original commercial ones usually bring more money -

Last edited by schutzen-jager; 10-01-2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: addendum -
Old 10-01-2019, 08:58 AM
firedontherim
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thank you for the info. He also has a H&R M12 for $395, it has target blocks but no sights or rear sight mount. At least that's what the one pic shows. The H&R looks cleaner. Does it compare accuracy wise? Should I walk away from both? Thank's for any insight-Dave
Old 10-01-2019, 01:05 PM
edlmann

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Thank you for the info. He also has a H&R M12 for $395, it has target blocks but no sights or rear sight mount. At least that's what the one pic shows. The H&R looks cleaner. Does it compare accuracy wise? Should I walk away from both? Thank's for any insight-Dave
The H&R M12 is a match rifle; the 513T is a trainer. The H&R has much greater accuracy potential.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:28 PM
kioti65c
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to kioti65c
513 T

The M12 is by far a better rifle and 395 is awesome...just make sure the sights come with it....people are selling the palma sights and Olympic front globe for 350 then selling the gun...

Nick
Old 10-01-2019, 02:30 PM
schutzen-jager

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
The H&R M12 is a match rifle; the 513T is a trainer. The H&R has much greater accuracy potential.
the 513 was only utilized as a trainer during WWII - all post war procurement was for recreational purposes at various installations + by the ROTC - no reason for a bolt action trainer when issue rifles were all autos except for some limited - sniper use -
Old 10-01-2019, 03:40 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Id go the H&R M12 for sure, and try to dicker on the price if they dont have the sights (price them out before you go in just sos's ya knows).
Though for me it would get scoped, the next buyer from me will 'always', ime, want the sights......
Old 10-01-2019, 05:30 PM
firedontherim
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thank's everyone for the great info! I went and looked at both and the Remington actually looked pretty nice-but it just didn't grab me. The H&R looked a little more handled than the pics portrayed. The stock and bluing were pretty good, bolt & bore looked great. It did have all four mounting blocks and the rear side mount, but no sights. I've tried to talk this guy down the few times I've been in there but he don't budge. So..it was $395 + tax-sigh. I did find a site that has a Lyman 90 MJT rear & a Lyman 93 match globe front- $170 for the set. Anyone know if those will work? Thank's-Dave
Old 10-01-2019, 06:05 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
All 'four mounting blocks'?
Id expect two forward of the action about 7ish" apart for the old style external adj. target scopes. Are the other two on the action and Weaver/modern type? If so it will be a snap to mount up good modern glass with AO, target turrets, etc., that would be sweet.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:56 PM
edlmann

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Thank's everyone for the great info! I went and looked at both and the Remington actually looked pretty nice-but it just didn't grab me. The H&R looked a little more handled than the pics portrayed. The stock and bluing were pretty good, bolt & bore looked great. It did have all four mounting blocks and the rear side mount, but no sights. I've tried to talk this guy down the few times I've been in there but he don't budge. So..it was $395 + tax-sigh. I did find a site that has a Lyman 90 MJT rear & a Lyman 93 match globe front- $170 for the set. Anyone know if those will work? Thank's-Dave
The Lyman 90 MJT is intended for smaller rifles. It could be modified to a captured 10-32 screw from its current 8-40.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:56 AM
tickridger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It might take some searching to get at a decent price but Redfield Olympic sights would be the way to go. Be patient and keep searching. You could use a scope until you found the sights. The gun is a bit heavy but nice off the bench and should be a shooter. Good luck.

John
Old 10-02-2019, 10:33 AM
firedontherim
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thank you all again for the input. This information is important to me as I am new to this type of Rifle. I will be taking a pass on the Lyman's as I want to be as correct as possible toward originality & not break the bank. I'd be grateful for any pointers as to sources for the sights-Dave