Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-26-2019, 10:57 PM
rpinkstn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
PPK/S .22 trigger - options?

Hello, thanks for reading.

Recently picked up a Walther/Umarex PPK/S .22 with the stainless finish. I had high hopes for it and in many respects it has met, or exceeded my expectations. However, the double-action trigger pull is HORRIBLE - almost a joke really. I haven't put a trigger gauge on it, but the double-action trigger is absurd. It's so bad, I don't see the point in having the option to fire the gun in double-action. I have field-stripped the gun to see if there was any obvious issues, but everything looks fine. I have emailed Walther about this, but as of this post, they have not responded to my email.

Does anyone know of any way to reduce the double-action trigger pull on these newer, Umarex produced PPK/S .22's? Without a negative impact on reliability? It seems like someone would have developed a kit that changed the trigger bar geometry or something by now.

Any input is appreciated.

Rob
Old 09-27-2019, 03:21 PM
Looter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Maybe it's because my first handgun was a Walther PP-derived Bulgarian Mak. But the DA trigger pull doesn't seem *that* terrible to me.

I think if you reduce the power of the mainspring by any appreciable amount, you will run into ignition problems. I would just live with it. I was taught to pull straight through in DA, don't try to "stage" it.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2019, 08:45 PM
rpinkstn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looter -
Thanks for the reply. I actually purchased this pistol for my wife (long story). She is unable to pull the double-action trigger. She can barely manage it if she uses two hands (two fingers). Same story for our teenage daughter. Granted, they are both very small-framed and petite but still, that's rediculous. Very disappointed in Walther for trying to pass this off as acceptable.

Still trying to find a solution....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 03:41 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I checked mine and it's 6lbs on the trigger pull.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:26 PM
Winnut
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Delete post

Last edited by Winnut; 11-01-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:25 PM
1911nut
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a German made all steel Walther PP and a PPK/s, both in in 22 lr. They were made in the late 60’s.

The DA pulls are very manageable and the single action pull is excellent.

These guns have been flawless using CCI mini mags or standard velocity. The PP has way over 5,000 rounds through it.

Rob, you asked for options, the Older German made Guns show up in good numbers on Gunbroker for $500-800.

They won’t have a warranty

An option for the ladies is just cock the hammer and shoot single action only.