Winchester Wildcat .22 semiauto - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:41 PM
biking
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
83% (4)
Winchester Wildcat .22 semiauto

Interesting new “plinker”....like auto bolt stay open on last shot, the dropout trigger allowing for easy cleaning and access for barrel scrubbing from chamber, two systems to release magazine. Not liking the stock configuration. I have one on order. What do you guys think?
Old 09-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Egriv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not to be a stick in the mud but I'll stay with the Winchesters manufactured in New Haven prior to 1964.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:11 PM
biking
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
83% (4)
But of course so would most of us. That said times change and ya can't stop progress...some good some not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2019, 08:11 AM
57springer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biking View Post
But of course so would most of us. That said times change and ya can't stop progress...some good some not.
A very cool gun , still waiting to see one in a shop ?
Old 09-28-2019, 06:34 PM
GeneS
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, I asked about these in a couple of gun forums and received mostly negative responses. Seems like all the reviews in gun magazines raved about them but they don’t seem to be available anywhere.

Alas, I live in left wing Calif. and I can’t buy one anyway. If I could, I would buy one in a heartbeat!
Old 09-29-2019, 10:29 AM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
If my memory is correct Winchester had a .22 rifle out a few years ago named the Wildcat - it was imported from Russia. This would be confusing to have two entirely different rifles from Winchester with the same name!!
Old 09-30-2019, 05:43 PM
57springer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrat View Post
If my memory is correct Winchester had a .22 rifle out a few years ago named the Wildcat - it was imported from Russia. This would be confusing to have two entirely different rifles from Winchester with the same name!!
They did, it was a TOZ 78 made in Russia. A super accurate gun,I didn't buy one until 2 years ago , tough to find .
Old 09-30-2019, 09:58 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What has the American firearm industry come to? To get an accurate Winchester Wildcat we look to Russia.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:23 PM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrat View Post
As 57springer said, the bolt action Wildcat is a Russian TOZ-78 made to Winchester specs but without the adjustable trigger. (I think they had the adjustable trigger on the target model that came later but I've never seen one.)

I had a standard Wildcat and swapped the trigger assembly from a TOZ-78 into it so I did have a fully adjustable trigger. And it was quite accurate.

What I didn't like was that magazines were not interchangeable and only fit the rifle they were serial numbered to. Seemed silly not to have standardized mags.

Mine went away in a trade.

Still waiting to see one of the new semi-auto Wildcats.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:00 PM
redmike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Russian TOZ-78 had a trigger adjustable for sear and pull. The Winchester Wildcat target has a trigger adjustable for pull. The standard Winchester Wildcat had a trigger that was not adjustable.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:35 AM
syfr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike View Post
The Russian TOZ-78 had a trigger adjustable for sear and pull. The Winchester Wildcat target has a trigger adjustable for pull. The standard Winchester Wildcat had a trigger that was not adjustable.
.....and the new one is made of plastic.