Air Arms Pro Sport Inbound - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:50 PM
Eric300
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Air Arms Pro Sport Inbound

Scheduled to arrive via UPS next Monday (23 Sept). .117 cal. with the walnut stock. I figured I'd be doing more target shoot/plinking with it than I will hunting, so I opted for the .117 instead of .22 cal. Besides, I've killed plenty of pest birds, squirrel, rabbit, etc. over the years with a .177 with no problem. I debated between the TX200 and the Pro Sport and settled on the Pro Sport for no particular reason other than I like the looks of it. I have a Weaver V-16 Classic (4-16 x 42mm AO) and a BKL 1 piece mount with .007 drop compensation for it. Over the past many years I've had Diana's, RWS, Beeman, Gamo....all 'springers' (other than the Beeman Crow Magnum which was a Gas Ram System). I've researched many decent reviews on both the TX200 and the Pro Sport over the past few weeks. So, my question is, does anyone have a Pro Sport, and, what can I expect performance wise (mostly accuracy) from this rifle? Any input would be appreciated. I will post pics of it once I get it and install the optic/mount. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:30 PM
rhill
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't have a Pro Sport, but have shot one, they are great rifles and usually shoot right with a TX200. The only drawback I have found is the cocking lever is short, makes the cocking a bit hard. But you will not find a nicer looking rifle. Good luck with it and post a few pics when you get it set up!
Old 09-20-2019, 06:49 AM
bowwild

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I owned a ProSport; .22 in walnut stock for a few years. I also owned PCPs during the same time frame.

The PS is a very well made rifle. The blueing is amazing and the workmanship terrific. It has a very high quality look and feel.

I bought it over the 200 because of the undercover cocking mechanism. I like that clean look.

It is a "dense" rifle. Heavier than it looks when you pick it up. I had a Nikon EFR scope on mine. I called Nikon and that said that scope will be fine on a springer.

I never shot the rifle outside my home, indoor range. So, I never shot it past 13 yards. While I couldn't shoot one hole, pellet-sized groups with it like I can my Steyr PCP, it was plenty accurate -- dime-nickel at that range. Also hits hard.

Lot of past tense in this post. I sold the rifle after about 4 years of ownership. I had too many air rifles and sold all but two Steyr's.

Never regretting owning the PS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2019, 06:07 PM
Eric300

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Thanks for the replies, gentleman. I kinda figured that about the short cocking lever, but, I like the clean look of the rifle like bowwild mentioned. I'll take that trade-off. Beside, my old Crow Magnum took 60# of cocking effort, so I'm used to that. UPS says it's scheduled to arriver tomorrow (Saturday). I hope it does. It will give me something to do if it rains like they say it's going to.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:51 PM
Eric300

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Well, UPS showed up today (Saturday afternoon) with the Pro Sport. 2 day shipping from Arkansas to Michigan! I got the scope mounted, and ran about a half a tin of Crossman Premier HP pellets through it at 12 yards. Finally got it dialed in. It took a little getting used to loading the pellets with my stubby fingers, but I finally got the hang of it. The rifle looks, and shoots great!

This was the best (7 shot) group out of the bunch:

And, a big 'Thank You' to Craig at Straight Shooters Precision Air Guns!
Old 09-22-2019, 10:08 PM
rhill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very Nice!! Maybe someday I will have one. That gun will shoot better and better, keep putting more pellets downrange, You will be even happier. Straightshooters is a first class outfit by the way!
Old 09-23-2019, 03:07 PM
Eric300

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhill View Post
Very Nice!! Maybe someday I will have one. That gun will shoot better and better, keep putting more pellets downrange, You will be even happier. Straightshooters is a first class outfit by the way!
I believe that you are correct on all points! I have some JSB Diablo Exact coming. Should be here in the next day or 2. The Crosman Premier pellets are 7.49 gr. and the JSB Diablo Exact are 8.44 gr. We'll see how those shoot.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:49 PM
Oldgringo

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Beautiful rifle. Keep your screws tight.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:39 PM
Eric300

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgringo View Post
Beautiful rifle. Keep your screws tight.
Will do! In fact, I just checked them after I got done shooting.

Just received my pellet order from Pyramyd Air. Got some JSB Match Diabolo 4.52mm. Put a few dozen of those down range a little while ago at 35 yds. Not too shabby considering I was using my Caldwell rear bag for a front rest and nothing for support under the stock.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Eric300

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
This puppy shoots better every time I take it out! For a non PCP rifle, it shoots incredibly well. I couldn't be happier.