617-4 with a 10Ē barrel - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:10 AM
Captdave221
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So last night............

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSecondBest View Post
Don't be offended, but I don't know how much you know about revolver barrel lengths. Over the years I've seen a few shooters who tell me they have a particular barrel length SW revolver that I've never heard of and when asked about how they measure the barrel length, they are measuring from the front of the barrel to the back of the top strap. Have you actually put a ruler to the barrel to check the length?
I measured the revolver myself. Yep it is a 8 3/8Ē barrel. FFL owner said employee was new to firearms and had shown the revolver to an earlier customer who said it looked like a 10Ē er.

Even though it isnít what they said it was I am still considering adding it to my 22lr pistol collection. October 1st they are offering 15% off all in stock items so I think I will take my chances and if itís still there on the 1st of October Iíll buy it.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:55 AM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdave221 View Post
I measured the revolver myself. Yep it is a 8 3/8Ē barrel. FFL owner said employee was new to firearms and had shown the revolver to an earlier customer who said it looked like a 10Ē er.

Even though it isnít what they said it was I am still considering adding it to my 22lr pistol collection. October 1st they are offering 15% off all in stock items so I think I will take my chances and if itís still there on the 1st of October Iíll buy it.
Being a bit "weight forward" won't hurt a thing after you get used to it. I'd buy it and enjoy it. These are one of my favorite revolvers to begin with and having the longer barrel isn't a downside as far as I'm concerned. Get it, shoot it, and enjoy it.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:14 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdave221 View Post

If you want it, why take an unnecessary chance if there might be a plausible option? I would ask them for the 10/1 price now. If they say no, you'll feel better about waiting/taking your chances.