Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:26 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
I'll be more than happy to contribute. Can someone explain how go fund me works? Does all the money go to Gizzy ( family), what's this tip? What do you use, credit card? etc. Let us know how we can help Gizzy....hang in there. 1917
So you use credit card to donate. THis is go fund mes cut of donation. United States 2.60% + $0.30 USD
Old 09-14-2019, 04:34 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got it...I only want to put one name in...not two. Best of luck Gizzy, get in there and get those eyes up to speed. Looks like you have a long time left to help folks and give those young-un's a hug from me. I'm missing my 20 month old Ginny. I'll see her in another month or so. We all can use an encouraging word, or some help of some kind or another from time to time. Even tough old guys and girls that hang out at this Forum. 1917
Old 09-14-2019, 04:46 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thinking about this thread made me remember I have an unfired CZ American in the safe. I never bought a scope for it. Began reading Sophia's info and got so confused in the long and winding information I never made a decision. I wanted one that I could see my bug holes at 100yds and nothing more. Yeah, I want all those knobs on it too...I don't have any scopes like that. I'd venture back into that section but I'd probably end up with another CZ...sittin' in the safe. I have a cataract in one eye...I think the left one. Dad said they will sneak up on you. 1917
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2019, 06:46 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
Thinking about this thread made me remember I have an unfired CZ American in the safe. I never bought a scope for it. Began reading Sophia's info and got so confused in the long and winding information I never made a decision. I wanted one that I could see my bug holes at 100yds and nothing more. Yeah, I want all those knobs on it too...I don't have any scopes like that. I'd venture back into that section but I'd probably end up with another CZ...sittin' in the safe. I have a cataract in one eye...I think the left one. Dad said they will sneak up on you. 1917
My cataracts started as a spek in each eye. This was about 4 months ago, and I thought new glasses and I would be good for awhile, as that Dr told me to have it checked every 2-3 years. Well, my left eye got worse fast, and I found a new Dr to see about my eyes, and that left eye, he said went from that speck to a full blown and totally covered cataract in about a months time. He rated my left eye a 4 pout of 4, meaning it was totally blocked, and my right eye was a 2 out of 4. I still drove myself to get my medicine refills and all, but hated to. Now.. I cannot go anywhere. My right eye is getting bad enough I have to stop driving completely. So right now, if I cover my right eye, and look through my worse eye, at the computer screen, I can see the light emitted by the screen, and any icons people have for the places they are member from. I see those round dots. I cannot see any text what so ever. My right eye, it is getting more and more blurry every day. Every now and then i have a better day, but its just going to get worse. And if you see woprds that do not seem to be spelled correctly, I have a hard time proof reading what I typed and catching all of my mistakes, as I have trouble seeing my keyboard as well. I never learned to type, so i have to see the letters to type them.

To everyone that has donated anything for me, there are not enough words to say Thank you. I am blown away by the friends i have here that many of them I have nmever met in person.

1917-1911... I will take another look around for a scope, but... I think all of my high powered scopes have been sold. I might have a few for rimfires still left, but only 2 or 3 left. I will look and see though if I have any other 18-24 power scopes somewhere.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:52 AM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gizzy, I sent you a reply to the PM but I can't tell if it went out. I'm in an extended stay motel with a weird internet hook up. Holler if it didn't show up. 1917
Old 09-15-2019, 12:50 PM
beachguy43
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I contributed what I could at this time. I am afraid I am headed that way soon but mine seems to be progressing more slowly than yours.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:36 PM
nfcracin

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
1/3 the way there

We can do this for Gizzy

Remember to check out The thread Help Gizzy

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1171099
Old 09-24-2019, 02:34 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I note the avg cost of cataract surgery is $3K per eye. A deluxe job is a bit more. I'd go for the deluxe job says the guy sittin' out at MD Anderson getting his prostate radiated. The heck with money, I want the best treatment possible. When they tell me they can't do any more....then I'll let nature take its course. Hang in there Gizzy. 1917
Old 10-19-2019, 05:57 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Well, won't be able to get the deluxe job. I am letting everyone know I go have my pre surgery exam on Wed. the 23rd. They will then schedule my surgery day. I mentioned that deluxe deal because its $1000 extra for a premium lens per eye. I wished I could, but you all have matched my estimated costs my daughter put up, so I could not ask for more. Not sure how long it will be befire the actual surgery, but if I have enough for both, and they can do it 2 weeks apart, then I might be able to start looking for a job before Christmas. I do have some more scopes to sell, one I know is brand new, but the others are clean, but hate to give a good description with my eyes like they are, but I do need to say next months bills some how. I will try my best to describe how clean these scopes are and get them all posted this weekend.

Again, I cannot thank you all enough for going above and beyond to help me out when I needed it.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:31 AM
MKnarr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Gizzy, I got the standard lens. I can now legally drive without glasses. But I also have an astigmatism so for reading and that I still wear glasses. But I've been wearing glasses for 35 years so that's no big deal. The operation is a piece of cake. It's the 68 eye drops in the eye over a month that sucks. A 136 total for both eyes.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:41 AM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
My wife got both eyes done, we got her the deluxe lens version but she still has to wear glasses for reading, the $20.00 Walmart readers. We know many other people who have had their eyes done with the standard lens, they have to wear glasses for reading, the $20.00 Walmart readers. All these people including my wife have perfect distance vision. Go figure. IMHO, just get the standard lens

Whatever you do , do EXACTLY as the doctor tells you to do in regards to eye drops, etc. DO NOT vary even a tiny bit even one time. Everything will turn out just fine, you will be very happy with your new eyes.

Last edited by jnyork; 10-19-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:38 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got the standards also but was given a choice of do I want the distance or closeup correction. I went with distance for hunting and shooting. I can drive w/o glasses just fine but I've gotten kinda used to the eye protection from wearing glasses over 60 yrs. hence my full time 4 eyes.

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 10-19-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:47 PM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Eye dominance and which lens for which eye.

I am, and have always been, a right handed shooter. It was late in life when I was educated as to the fact I am left eye dominant. And the stigmatism in my right eye is worse than in my left eye. I have had eyeglasses made up for shooting. The left eye has a reading glass Rx at about the distance to the front sight of a handgun. The right eye has a normal distance Rx. When I shoot handgun, I use my left eye, something I had been doing for years as a 2 hand pistol shooter. When I shoot shotgun, the sight in my left (dominant eye) is degraded, allowing my right eye to become the dominant eye. This is good as I shoot shotgun with both eyes open. I also find I can wear these generally without being bothered by the differences. We had a friend who had contact lenses made up the same way so she could both read and drive.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:56 PM
Dean1151

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Steve, I'm glad the finish line is close. As I said earlier, I had the deluxe version done, but eye fatigue sets in a few minutes so I still have readers. They are all over the house, shop and vehicles. No big deal, I know you will be the same way. But the best part for you and us, Your sight will be back, regardless of which lens' you get. Keep us posted, Dont fret and as others have reiterated, DO WHAT the DOC says to do. Randy
Old 11-09-2019, 06:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Just a little over 2 weeks to go, but I may not make it on here that long. My lefgt eye which has been blocked for awhile now is even worse, if that is possible. My right eye is also. Things i used to be able to read with my visor magnifiers are starting to have no affect. Some days are clearer than others, but wanted to at last post this so in case you do not heard from me before the 26th, that means my good eye got so bad i cannot see the computer screen anymore. It is now so blurry to try and see what I am typing with the one good eye, that sometimes I look up from the key board and have to wait for the screen to come into focus enough to read what I just typed. Ya see... back when I was in school, there were no computers, and the only people that needed to know typing were mostly girls who would be looking for a job as a secretary, so I never learned to type. I use Firefox, which has that little red squiggly line under a misspelled word, but now I can hardly see it, so many words may be spelled wrong. I am trying my best right nowe by re-reading every word over and over....lol Anyway, tyhe first day is getting nearer each day, so I cannot wait to be able to see out of my left eye again. All thanks to my great friends here on RFC.